Windows 10: Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

Discus and support Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Suddenly it was there, sitting in my startup, Umonit64.exe. already shutter down and hidden because you never know... So what the heck is it, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RingTailCoon, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

Suddenly it was there, sitting in my startup, Umonit64.exe. already shutter down and hidden because you never know...

So what the heck is it, after checking it appeared as a USB driver. I recently updated my driver stuff with an updater on the 8th of Nov. And the file was created on the same day. And why in tarnation in the SysWOW folder???

Oh yes and what is that ChangeIcon.mfc thing?!

:)

RingTailCoon, Nov 9, 2017

2. What is the process Umonit64.exe in Task Manager

what is this Umonit64.exe in task manager I cant get it to go away or see what it is...ty when I reboot in safe mode with networking I am unable to access edge to get to Microsoft safety scanner, not sure if this Umonit64.exe has anything to do with it...ty

Umonit64.exe why and what is it in task manager start up....ty- Original Title

Richard Shane, Nov 9, 2017
  3. CarolLJ Win User
    Virus/trojan namely win32/Gamarue

Good. Now go to that location and delete UMonit64.exe

This refers to some kind of code "project", so it may be related to the malware.

MFC Change Icon

Edit: Kill that MFC ChangeIcon process first. Then delete that UMonit64.exe file

CarolLJ, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

FreeBooter, Nov 9, 2017
  5. RingTailCoon, Nov 9, 2017
  6. To remove ChangeIcon MFC Application from your computer, please follow the instructions below.

• Click the Windows Start Button.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Look for ChangeIcon Application in the list of available programs.
    • Click Uninstall

FreeBooter, Nov 9, 2017
  7. Don't have that in my installed programs list, but it came with my updated USB drivers. Maybe reverting the usb drivers and do the restore point thingy?

8. Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

You can try to restore your computer, rolling back driver does not uninstall applications.

FreeBooter, Nov 9, 2017
  9. Barman58 Win User
    If you wish to understand the Dual nature of the 64Bit version of windows and the systems changes added to allow the running of a 32bit application on a 64Bit operating system there is a "layman's guide" here ... The 'Program Files (x86)' and 'SysWOW64' folders explained / Windows 64-bit (Technical Article) .. that may help to ease your concerns.

One thing that I noticed in your above posts is that you seem to be using a "Driver Program" - this is something that most senior members on our, and other forums, would advise against, as they tend to use a scattergun approach and can lead to serious issues in some cases even leading to the need to re-install systems.

My basic advice regarding drivers is to only update them if you have a Specific issue, as new releases are mostly targeted to cure a specific issue that may not affect your system. With major system component Driver updates, (I am thinking mainly about Graphics cards here), you should carefully read through the change logs of the new release and then decide if the driver adds enough value to your needs before you proceed.

It is certainly worthwhile checking the Umonit64.exe file with your AV and on VirusTotal just for peace of mind

this post is from 2014 but could still be relevant on Windows 10

Barman58, Nov 9, 2017
  10. And would it help turning windows back a few days BEFORE the 8th?? (when it was installed...?) (restore points)

11. RingTailCoon, Nov 9, 2017
  12. File is clean you have nothing to worry about.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64?

1. Umonit64.exe in my SysWOW64? - Similar Threads - Umonit64 exe SysWOW64

2. syswow64

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    syswow64: Have a very old application that runs with Btrieve record manager 5.10 1990, was NovellThe source is compiled with MS Quick Basic 4.50 1989How may I configure Windows 10 to have all this working ?Thank you...
  3. syswow64

in Windows 10 Customization
    syswow64: Have a very old application that runs with Btrieve record manager 5.10 1990, was NovellThe source is compiled with MS Quick Basic 4.50 1989How may I configure Windows 10 to have all this working ?Thank you...
  4. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied: I have a Windows 10 workstation that used to have a Fujitsu scanner installed. We have replaced that with a Brother scanner and now I am trying to uninstall the Fujitsu software. I am logged in as the administrator and go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and...
  5. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied: I have a Windows 10 workstation that used to have a Fujitsu scanner installed. We have replaced that with a Brother scanner and now I am trying to uninstall the Fujitsu software. I am logged in as the administrator and go to Control Panel > Programs and Features, and...
  6. C:\Windows\SysWOW64\REGSRV32.EXE Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Syswow64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Syswow64: I have the problem with my Syswow64. So I can't run all 64bit programs right now. What should I do? will reinstalling windows help me fix Syswow64? will i reinstall windows delete my files? I don't want to lose my files, because they are very important....
  8. Syswow64

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syswow64: So I got this popup saying that my computer needs to be updated because the version of windows im using is out of date or something. Whenever i try to click on it a command prompt pops up and it says "Syswow64" at the top. Does anyone know how to fix this? Oh and it also pops...
  9. Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe

in Windows 10 Support
    Select C:\winddows\SysWow64\cmd. exe: when trying to open "Uninstall or change a program", " System properties" from This PC or trying from right click on desktop to open Personalization or Display setting, a cmd open and close right after and nothing happens, but if click on that cmd right before it close, it...
  10. Runtime Error! Program C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\RunDll32.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Runtime Error! Program C:\WINDOWS\SysWow64\RunDll32.exe: Hello. I've been trying to update my Nvidia drivers and I haven't had this problem until now (been using Windows 10 for about a month or two with many past driver updates not giving me any problems) and I keep getting this error. One solution was to do a registry cleaner, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UMonit64

2. windows 10 crashed after disable umonit64 in task manager

3. :\Windows\SysWOW64\UIUSrv.exe (PID: 3744) [WD-HEUR]

4. c windows syswow64 process.exe