Windows 10: Umounting Cifs (Samba) share from virtual (or physical) servers

Discus and support Umounting Cifs (Samba) share from virtual (or physical) servers in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there If you've got a REAL or Virtual Linux server where you have some samba (cifs) shares mounted and the other computer serving the share goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Mar 9, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Umounting Cifs (Samba) share from virtual (or physical) servers

Hi there

If you've got a REAL or Virtual Linux server where you have some samba (cifs) shares mounted and the other computer serving the share goes down or has a problem it's easy to force umount the share(s) without needing a server reboot

simply as root (or sudo) type umount -a -t cifs -l

That will do the trick and save re-booting the server -- I have a couple of Virtual servers and it's a hassle re-booting them at times so I've included this little tip here as I'm sure a load run Linux VM's or even NAS boxes.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Mar 9, 2017
  2. R. Hansen_690, Mar 9, 2017
  3. EckiS Win User
    EckiS, Mar 9, 2017
Thema:

Umounting Cifs (Samba) share from virtual (or physical) servers

1. Umounting Cifs (Samba) share from virtual (or physical) servers - Similar Threads - Umounting Cifs Samba

2. Re-Connecting to samba share fails Files stay offline although samba server is running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Re-Connecting to samba share fails Files stay offline although samba server is running: Hi there! I am facing an issue with samba shares. In short: Although samba server is up, the shares do not re-connect and stay offline. My setup Samba server on ubuntu Win10 20H2 Client Working Scenarios Starting up samba server Starting up my win10 client, logging...
  3. Connecting to a Samba Share

Connecting to a Samba Share: I am trying to connect to a samba share. There are two users on the machine. user1 was able to access the share drive and map the share on the machine. user2 was able to access the folders. the next day user1 could not access the drives that were mapped nor could they...
  4. Implementing a new CIFS server - Once CNAME of \\files\ is changed to the new server from...

Implementing a new CIFS server - Once CNAME of \\files\ is changed to the new server from...: Hi all, over the past weeks i have set up a new netapp which is running a CIFS server. All file shares have now been migrated to the new server and all GPO's for drive mappings have been changed to the new locations on the new server. Everyone can access the data with no...
  5. Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Samba 4 and NAS / Windows shares on W10 and Linux servers / clients: Hi folks there's a lot of confusion about how to set SAMBA up if you have any sort of Linux type system in the mix whether host , running as a NAS or in VM and Windows 10 mix. the best way is to do the following 1) Enable SMB1 on W10 -- while it might not be recommended...
  6. Cannot access Samba share

Cannot access Samba share: Hi, I have a few Windows 10 computers and some linux computers on my network. I use Samba to enable sharing between the Windows and Linux computers. On one of the Windows computer I have a Storage Spaces drive set up as a Samba share. I can access some of the folders on this...
  7. Physical and Virtual Memory

in Windows 10 Support
    Physical and Virtual Memory: Hi, I new with windows 10 and I have some question: My OS is win 10 x64 Ultimate and I have 32GB of physical memory but when I checked my virtual I noticed that when was setup for "Automatically manage paging file size for all drivers" was a little more than 2000 MB but when...
  8. Can't write to Unix CIF shares

Can't write to Unix CIF shares: I have a Freenas Server (based on FreeBSD Unix) connected to my network. I can't get it to show up in file explorer untill I type "//000.000.000.000" (it's IP address). When I try to drag a file to the window CIF shares (Permissions in Unix are Allow Guest Access and...
  9. Issues seeing Samba share from Kubuntu server under Windows 10

Issues seeing Samba share from Kubuntu server under Windows 10: All, In my home network I have several computers. A Kubuntu Linux server, a windows 10 laptop and a window 8.1 desktop. Under Kubuntu I have setup several Samba shares for things like videos/photos/music, etc. From the Kubuntu side everything seems to be fine, I can see...
  10. W10 pro update 1709 shares cannot be accesed FROM NAS Server (Samba)

W10 pro update 1709 shares cannot be accesed FROM NAS Server (Samba): Hi folks it's definitely a windows update problem with version 1709. FROM Nas server -- cannot access windows shares vua samba anymore -- says timeout on xxxxx - and this comes up immediately !!! other windows machines have no problem. Accessing the server FROM...