Windows 10: Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start

Discus and support Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; win 10 pro. I successfully un-installed Mixed Realty using the link below: https://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to-uni...in-windows-10/ but I can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phaedruspress, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start

win 10 pro. I successfully un-installed Mixed Realty using the link below:

https://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to-uni...in-windows-10/

but I can not figure out how to remove the icons from the start menu. See attached pic. Look on the left of the picture the two entries after MS Store. I want to get rid of them. They bother me : ) Any help appreciated. TIA.

:)

phaedruspress, Dec 26, 2017
  2. Jonasjj5 Win User

Mixed Reality Portal won't install

Hey, i sat with a problem for a week now. I can't get windows mixed reality to install again (Deleted it because it was not working, but it had worked) My software installation of Mixed reality stops, and displays
    this message "We couldn't download the windows mixed reality software". I sat with the problem 5 hours yesterday, and couldn't find any fixes, so im really open to suggestions.

I run windows 1709. GTX-970 Everything is ready to go for mixed reality.

Jonasjj5, Dec 26, 2017
  3. windows mixed reality

I have installed windows fall creators update.

version:1709

os build:16299.19

I have enabled developers mode. I want to experience mixed reality on my pc but I don't have immersion headset yet and my pc can't run mixed reality(checked with windows store app).I heard that we can simulate mixed reality with mixed reality simulator.
    When I open mixed reality portal and press WIN+Y I don't see anything but I can hear the audio from mixed reality home. I don't find any simulation toggle switch to start simulation.

How can I experience mixed reality on my pc without having immersion headset? Hoping a positive response. THANK YOU.

kalakurcharajesh babu, Dec 26, 2017
  4. shimshom Win User

Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start

There's a way which is effective but can be somewhat brutal as it can render the Settings icon on the left side of the Start menu useless and will remove most other icons including any dead ones but none of the Microsoft ones including the Settings shortcut in the S section so with that in mind copy and paste the below code to a notepad and save as Tilegone.cmd or Whatever.cmd and save it making sure to choose All Files when notepad saves it so doesn't save it as txt file. Run it as admin and restart the computer. Another word of caution make sure you have an image of your system just prior to running the file as a just in case and of course back up as you should and probably have already

@net.exe session >nul 2>&1
    @if ErrorLevel 1 (echo "Run as Administrator" & pause && exit)

sc stop tiledatamodelsvc
    move /y %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\OLD_TileDataLayer

shimshom, Dec 26, 2017
  5. shimshom Win User
    shimshom, Dec 26, 2017
  6. >There's a way which is effective but can be somewhat brutal...

Thanks for sharing both links. After reading about the first one YIKES. And the second method while somewhat less invasive still seems a bit precarious. I believe for now : ) I can live with the offensive dead icons besides after going on an uninstall binge everything seems to still be working rather nicely and I would like to keep it that way. On another matter I am about to tackle the what I believe are too many unnecessary processes (for my needs anyway) that are "automatically" begun at startup. I want to either change them to manual or disabled. Are you by any chance familiar with this page:

http://www.blackviper.com/service-co...onfigurations/

Any other links or advice much appreciated. TIA.

phaedruspress, Dec 26, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    This directory doesn't exist any more in Windows...

I have this problem with existing account but not new ones.

Don't know where it is stored now but not where you say as "TileDataLayer" doesn't exist. A change in 16299 perhaps as it was there historically for sure.

8. shimshom Win User

Yes seems you're right and it might not longer apply for the later versions but it's a matter of time till it's found again

shimshom, Jan 2, 2018
  9. RichardC Win User
    I've got windows 10 1709 (os build 16299.125) and it has TileDataLayer folder in *userprofile* appdata/local. It was last modified 10/23/17 just before the final creator update.

RichardC, Jan 3, 2018
  10. Callender Win User
    Try right clicking the start menu icon.

Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start [​IMG]

click More > Open File Location and delete the shortcut from there.

Callender, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Un-Installed Mixed Reality But Can't Get Rid of Icons in Start - Similar Threads - Installed Mixed Reality

2. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  3. Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mixed Reality "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality".: I was recently using my HP Reverb G2 for VR games the other day. But, I updated my pc last night with the recent KB5034467. Now I receive the "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality". Yes, I've tried uninstalling the software, unplugging and plugging the headset back in, and...
  4. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.: I just purchased a new PC with Win 11 on it, I moved my Reverb G2 with WMR software over to it and played VR games for 2 days with no issues. I powered up my PC today and tried to start up WMR and it halts with "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality" "Windows Mixed Reality...
  5. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.

Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality, Windows Mixed Reality needs an update.: I just purchased a new PC with Win 11 on it, I moved my Reverb G2 with WMR software over to it and played VR games for 2 days with no issues. I powered up my PC today and tried to start up WMR and it halts with "Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality" "Windows Mixed Reality...
  6. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality: I would like to get support for the "Mixed Reality" app It worked on Windows 10. After I upgraded to Windows 11 it stopped working. Apparently the HP Reverb G2 is working in the Windows 11 normally. Because the "tracking" of the room is working, the audio works and the...
  7. Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality

Couldn't install Windows Mixed Reality: I would like to get support for the "Mixed Reality" app It worked on Windows 10. After I upgraded to Windows 11 it stopped working. Apparently the HP Reverb G2 is working in the Windows 11 normally. Because the "tracking" of the room is working, the audio works and the...
  8. Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed Reality: Can you tell me where to find short 360 videos to download and watch them on my Lenovo laptop without the internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mixed-reality/8bca6bdc-d5fe-4593-a782-0e1ba7d1bee7
  9. Mixed Reality

Mixed Reality: How do I uninstal 'mixed reality' and any associated apps from my PC? I didn't ask for it, and don't want it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_entertainment/mixed-reality/934ba3dd-999b-485c-a0a7-abb531ca80da
  10. #ifdef WINDOWS – Getting Started with Mixed Reality

in Windows 10 News
    #ifdef WINDOWS – Getting Started with Mixed Reality: moUBTFRE8Hg I sat down with Vlad Kolesnikov from the PAX Mixed Reality team in Windows to talk about what mixed reality is and how developers can get started building immersive experiences. Vlad covered what hardware and tools are needed, building world-scale experiences,...