Windows 10: unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB

Discus and support unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi - I downloaded Windows 10 on my USB which had lots of other data/files. It is a 128 GB SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive which had over 30+ GB free. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sada S Iyer, Aug 3, 2018.

1. unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB

Hi - I downloaded Windows 10 on my USB which had lots of other data/files. It is a 128 GB SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive which had over 30+ GB free. When I downloaded this 30 GB free space is partitioned and Windows downloaded. I am not able to access my old data in the remaining space. When I looked at disk management it says "Unallocated". How do I access my data?

:)

Sada S Iyer, Aug 3, 2018
  2. UserTen Win User

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Okay...thanks. Will look at it tomorrow. FYI, I figured out how to get that unformatted G partition back into D.

In Disk Management, I right clicked G and selected "Delete Volume." That rendered the partition as unallocated. I was then able to extend D with that space.

Thanks again for all of the help!

unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB [​IMG]

UserTen, Aug 3, 2018
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Aug 3, 2018
  4. unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB

Merging three unallocated partitions into one.

I followed these steps but I do not get the option to extend the volume only to shrink it as the extend option is gray.

jermainejoy, Aug 3, 2018
Thema:

unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB

1. unable access the "Unallocated" partition in USB - Similar Threads - unable access Unallocated

2. C: partition now UNALLOCATED?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: partition now UNALLOCATED?: USER ERROR...I accidentally typed a SMALL c: when performing a simple backup of a Quicken file. Now the computer is named C: and primary drive.I want to have C: as a separate partition...HOW???I went thru the disk management process and saw how to name an unallocated...
  3. Moving Unallocated Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving Unallocated Partition: I have some Unallocated space that is to the left of C:.I want to move it to the right of C: so I can add it to C:.Not sure how to do it.James https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-unallocated-partition/9be7e0e8-cebe-4772-94d4-a06138f8b2ed
  4. Merge unallocated partition with main partition

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Merge unallocated partition with main partition: Hello volks! I've run into a problem... I cloned my 1tb HDD to a 2tb SSD yesterday. That was successfully completed, however, I'm now left with ~1tb unallocated storage on my cloned SSD. I now want to merge the unallocated storage with the Primary Partition where all the...
  5. partition on HDD is showing unallocated

partition on HDD is showing unallocated: Hello all, I recently upgraded my main HD to a SSD. After i was sure i could boot off my new drive i reformatted my old C: drive. It was previously partitioned, and wanted just one drive for extra storage, so i removed it and was going to try and combine them. After i...
  6. Unallocated Partitions?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unallocated Partitions?: does this disk management screen grab look ok? how about the two unallocated partitions in disk 0, can those be merged with c:? if so, is there a benefit? also, under volume it shows "disk 0 partition 2" and "disk 0 partition 5", is there a reason why the partitions numbers...
  7. Removing unallocated Partition

Removing unallocated Partition: I have a 600 meg unallocated partition. I've tried different methods to allocate it to the C drive with no luck. I can't move it beside the C drive either. Any suggestions?...
  8. unallocated partition

unallocated partition: Not often I look in disk management, but now I see that I have an unallocated partition on my SSD. I am certain that in the past there was not such a thing. My question is what might be a possible reason that such a partition develops? 96903
  9. Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space

Unable to create/combine partition from unallocated space: Hello, I just assembled a new PC. It has a single 4TB hard drive. During Windows 10 installation, I created a 200gb partition to install to as the C: drive. It auto partitioned my drive into a 500MB system reserved partition, my C: drive, and two unallocated spaces of...
  10. Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition

Unable to Use Unallocated Space to Extend Partition: I just cloned my 250 GB SSD to a 500 GB SSD and installed the 500 GB SSD into my laptop. There is about 228 GB that is unallocated. I want to extend the D partition to use all of this unallocated space (unless it's a good idea to leave some space unallocated)? I've...