Windows 10: Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors

Discus and support Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Okay so the pass couple days i've been having a bunch of issue trying to fix my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which has Windows 10 Home from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThienThoi, Jul 12, 2018.

1. ThienThoi Win User

Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors

Okay so the pass couple days i've been having a bunch of issue trying to fix my computer. I have a Dell Inspiron 15 which has Windows 10 Home from the time i bought it. It's been running just fine until.... now

- The first problem that came up was it would either Freeze or keep spinning at the logging screen after I typed my password and won't get the the main screen, so what i had done was to boot into safe mode, save my files to a USB and "Factory Reset" using Dell's integrated recovery function.

- After factory resetting, it worked fine for like 2 hours, and then it got some adware/malware which disabled the window defender and keep playing ads in background.

- As soon as i found out that i have adware, i used some malware removal tools to remove them, but now i wouldn't be able to open Windows Defender ( it gives me "this app is turned off by group policy"). The Windows Update service is at "Disabled" state and no matter what effort of me trying to change it from Disabled to Automatic, it would just says "Disabled" .

- Now for the 2nd times, i went in and try to reset the PC, but this time when i clicked "Reset this PC", nothing happened. I have also tried to start the "Advanced Boot Options" using Shift-Restart, Hot Key F12, from Settings, and any other methods that i can find online but it will only bring me back to the normal login screen. The only way is to disconnect the power for a few times until the Automatic repair kicks in.

- At the Advanced boot option, i tried "Reset this PC" and it gave me "There was a problem resetting this PC". I tried Factory Image Recovery and it gave me "No recovery image found", i tried Command Prompt and perform a disk check (sfc /scannow) and it gave me something like "We found it issue but was unable to fix it".

-I then tried to download the Windows Media Creation Tool:

- Upgrade this PC : error in midway, it says something that i couldn't remember

- Using a USB : error at 50% and it gave me 0x8007005 - 0xA001A

- Download ISO file : i tried to extract it and it gave me some corrupted error. also tried some USB boot creator and they gave me some errors regarding to corrupted files too. Up until this point, i've spent 4 days, 10 times trying to use the windows media creator tool (almost 2 hours every time for it to download the file)

What is up with all this problems ?

:)

ThienThoi, Jul 12, 2018

2. Advanced Boot Option

Hi Mica,

Most probably, this problem is caused by a damaged or corrupted operating system. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to know on how are you accessing the Advanced Boot Options on your computer?

If you're accessing it using the media creation tool, you can try to access the Advanced Boot Options using the built-in of your computer. We recommend that you contact the computer manufacturer on how to access it using the built-in of your computer. However,
    if you're accessing it using the built-in, we suggest that you try accessing it using the media creation tool. For your reference, click this
    link on where to download the media creation tool.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jul 12, 2018
  3. error: 0xc000000f, and unable to boot the operating system in Windows 10

Hi Joseph,

We appreciate your interest and time spent in resolving the issue.

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system that crashed and unable to boot.
    Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

This issue might have occurred due corrupted/ missing system boot files.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error message along with the error code for this issue?

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot
    guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting to the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors

Unable to boot the opearting system with error: 0xc0000225

Hi Dinesh,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to download Windows 10 ISO file, create an installation media from other working computer to perform automatic repair of the computer that you are unable to boot.

Step 1: Download Windows 10 from the below link and create media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After creating the tool perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 10 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 10 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors

1. Unable to access Advanced boot options/ Windows media creator tool gave errors - Similar Threads - Unable access Advanced

2. BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD but unable to access to advance option and troubleshoot menu: When my pc startup it shows me this directly:Unmountable Boot Volume ErrorIn most common tutorial from the web , we have to click into these page in order to continue to fix the PCBut my PC doesn't show these at all, there is no any button let me to access to here.Is there...
  3. Windows Advanced Boot Options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Advanced Boot Options: For the past couple of days, I have been trying fix this problem and couldn't find a solution. The problem is that whenever I make changes on my desktop whether I move apps, delete apps. It always goes back to it's previous place after I restart Windows and I decided to...
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  5. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  6. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows 10 won’t boot & can't access advanced boot options

Windows 10 won’t boot & can't access advanced boot options: I accidentally disabled startup programs by msconfig last night, and I cannot boot up my pc now. The screen says boot configuration missing and gives the error code: 0xc0000024. I already tried to press f8 or f12 or any keys, sadly nothing works. I cannot even get access...
  8. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  9. Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool

Logging in to an Advanced Boot Options Menu Recovery Tool: After upgrading my Mother's laptop to Windows 10 Home, I replaced much of her Windows 8 Recovery partition with the "media" files from a WinPE recovery USB boot-drive - which I created after downloading the Windows ADK and PE files:...
  10. Unable to access Advanced Startup Options

Unable to access Advanced Startup Options: While trying to access my BIOS, I was advised to enter Advanced Startup via Shift-Restart. However, doing so only takes me to a black screen. Cycling power allows my PC to boot into Windows normally. Any idea what could be causing this problem?...