Windows 10: Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created

Discus and support Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I have been having problems with my file access lately. There are times when I create a folder and place files in the folder. After a while, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CuriousD, Feb 12, 2017.

1. CuriousD Win User

Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created

Hello. I have been having problems with my file access lately. There are times when I create a folder and place files in the folder. After a while, the files become inaccessible. When I try to access the file, the program opening the file states that I don't have the correct permissions to access the file. I have a Take Ownership program that I used and it states that I (the administrator) have full control on the security tab under properties. I have seen this problem with MOV files, JPG files, GIF files. Even the icons appear to be affected.

Now the weirder part. When I copy all the files and paste them to a new folder, it works just fine again for a while and I am able the access my files again. Sometimes, I lose the access all over again.

I wanted to use SpinRite to analyze my hard drive, but it doesn't seem to work well with my computer.

I have a Dell 8900 XPS running the latest version of Windows 10.

Thanks for the help.

:)

CuriousD, Feb 12, 2017
  2. Nico5150 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer & other such issues

Hey. does anyone know how to resolve the following? On a daily basis I need to reboot on average 7 or 8 times a day to resume normal tasks.

File Explorer - When accessing folders within File Explorer, (a) folders cannot be created or when lucky cannot be renamed, (b) accessing folders requires folder to be 'highlighted' via left mouse click then opened via right mouse menu, with no guarantee
    that usual options will be shown (paste/delete/new), (c) when opening folders all subfolders automatically open restricting access to single subfolder unless it is 'un-highlighted' and another chosen, and so forth.

Internet - Unable to key text into search bars (Mozilla / Edge).

Settings Option - Unable to key text into search bars.

Event viewer shows nothing amiss. OS installed 31/07/2015 & recent updates installed.

Would rather not re-install or revert back to 7 but..........

Any help is appreciated

Nico5150, Feb 12, 2017
  3. 6280 - Cant store more than about 130 mp3 tracks on phone

Tried to create a new folder on my Kingston memory card, states that "Unable to create folder, The directory or file cannot be created" Any help would be appreciated!

town_terrier, Feb 12, 2017
  4. Win10Pro Win User

It seems that for one reason or another you laptop doesn't "like" Take Ownership and the easiest way would be to find an alternative (maybe here: 6 Tools To Take Ownership and Get Full Control Of Files and Folders • Raymond.CC) or ask at TO's forum (if there is any) how people deal with this problem.

Win10Pro, Feb 12, 2017
  5. CuriousD Win User
    Thanks. TakeOwnership Pro worked for me.

CuriousD, Apr 11, 2017
  6. RolandJS Win User
    Dont' use Spinrite, as far as I know, it does not sniff out software problems. To me, it is strictly a sector-tester/bad-sector-scrubber.

RolandJS, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Access Files Unless New Folder Created - Similar Threads - Unable Access Files

2. Unable to create new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to create new folder: Unable to create a new folder in Windows 10, 64 bit. When I right click on "New" the flag shows "empty". I have seen other similar questions. Is this a generic MS fault?...
  3. Unable to Create New Folder

Unable to Create New Folder: Hello, I am not able to create a new folder in Windows 10. I have tried with basic regedit stuff but unfortunately, that didn't work for me. KINDLY HELP !...
  4. I am unable to create new folders

I am unable to create new folders: I can right-click to pull up the "New" list, and it does appear, but "New Folder" is missing from the list. Ctrl-Shift-N does nothing The "New Folder" button on the Home menu in File Explorer does nothing. I have tried several fixes that have been suggested elsewhere,...
  5. Unable to create a new folder

Unable to create a new folder: If you don't want to modify the Registry and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file: Download Registry Script to Restore "New" Option in Windows Context Menu It'll ask...
  6. Unable to create new folder

Unable to create new folder: Hi... I'm unable to create new folder or new file by any method such as right mouse click or new folder option in the ribbon and quick access toolbar. I can only do it by typing commands in cmd or pwsh. Also, new option doesn't show up by right clicking of mouse. Below is...
  7. Creating new files and folders

Creating new files and folders: Every time I try to make a new folder or save a new file windows will not allow me. When i try yo make a new folder the following appears. [ATTACH] When scanning a document I get this [ATTACH] and when i try to save a word document I get this [ATTACH] Other apps give...
  8. Unable to create a new file or folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to create a new file or folder: I cannot create a new file because my computer freezes when I hover a cursor on the word “new” that is on the right click menu. I’ve had this problem since the last Windows update...
  9. unable to create new folder anywhere

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to create new folder anywhere: Hello Lately I have been facing this problem of not being able to create new folder. The "New" option in the right click is missing and I am not able to create anything new. Please somebody help me. 38995
  10. New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable

in Windows 10 Support
    New folder created by Windows 10 not accessable: I discovered today that the new pictures folder that was created when the Windows 10 upgrade was done is not accessible to me and I am the only User and I am the administrator of the PC. When I open the security tab of folder properties it shows that I have all permissions...