Windows 10: Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working.

Discus and support Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am unable to access the internet on my Windows 10 PC. The network is working - I am currently using another PC on it. On rebooting from a crash none... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stuartdm, Aug 17, 2017.

1. stuartdm Win User

Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working.

I am unable to access the internet on my Windows 10 PC. The network is working - I am currently using another PC on it. On rebooting from a crash none of my packages (Chrome, Edge, Steam) will access the internet. All the other programs appear to work fine. I have pinged the router successfully, but cannot ping any sites. Also, the resource monitor is showing the process CPU usage in the 10s of millions of percent, but the service usage is ok. Is this likely to be hardware fault with my PC or something easier to solve? I have done a number of cold reboots.

PS. I tried running my PC with Ubuntu and it WAS able to connect to the internet.

:)

stuartdm, Aug 17, 2017
  2. gs44 Win User

Internet only, No Local network

Hello,

I have windows 10 and I have my own router that I use for internet access and local networking with other pc's also running windows 10 with shared drives and printers. It has worked flawlessly locally connecting to other pc/drives and printer sharing.

My network by clock has always said network and internet access until today.... Now it just says internet access and my local network does not work.

So why all of a sudden do I only have internet with NO LOCAL network access ???? All other pc's on my home network still function and connect to local just fine.

Rebooting router does nothing...

rebooting this pc does nothing...

resetting network on this pc does nothing....

All share settings are correct and network and sharing shows "private network" as it should.

3. No access to Internet with windows 10

All of a sudden I lost access to the Internet through my wireless router. The router and Internet access are fine (I'm using them to write this question on another PC).

The icon on the status bar reports that the PC is connected to the network, although with no access to the Internet. Troubleshooting mentions that there can be a problem with the network adapter but is unable to fix it. There is something about "IP protocol
    stack not associated to network adapter". I already tried to fix the issue (checking drivers, network configuration, rebooting, etc), but nothing seems to work.

I tried to access the troubled PC from other computers in the network, but they don´t find it, even though network discovery is on.

Details:

- Asus T100TA

- Windows 10.0

- x86

- Broadcom 802.11 abgn Wireless SDIO adapter

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Lucio Colangelo, Aug 17, 2017
  4. Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working.

Hi stuartdm. Welcome to the TenForums @stuartdm

I would recommend you reset your network on Win 10 PC. This will cause you to "Forget" wireless passwords.

Start => Setting => Network & internet => scroll to bottom of right hand side => click reset network.

Run the following four bolded commands. Use a Command Prompt(admin)
    Do not key in info in brackets, there for your information.
    ipconfig /flushdns (Clear the dns cache)
    nbtstat -RR (release and refesh NetBIOS names)
    netsh int ip reset (reset ip settings)
    netsh winsock reset (Reset Winsock Catalog)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
  5. stuartdm Win User
    Thanks for the advice, unfortunately it didn't work. I think I might need to reinstall Windows.

stuartdm, Aug 17, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    From a CMD prompt type
    Ipconfig /all

Tracert 194.119.131.66

Post results from both also check you don't have a proxy set in IE

Samuria, Aug 17, 2017
  7. I would also power reset modem. As this is a desktop unplug mains, press power switch for 20 secs and retry. I saw that other software connects. Both are fast processes to try.

Caledon Ken, Aug 17, 2017
  8. stuartdm Win User

Caledon Ken

I did that and it worked for about 5 minutes then went back to how it was before.

Samuria

I have done that but am not sure how to post the results. The tracert failed.

stuartdm, Aug 18, 2017
  9. Samuria Win User
    Just copy and paste the txt

Samuria, Aug 18, 2017
  10. Interesting. Have you tried disabling IPv6 as a test?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...nts-in-windows

After you copy and paste txt for Samuria and if IPv6 does nothing I would downgrade driver. I would use one from the motherboard's website. Check device manager before and after install to ensure it takes.

Caledon Ken, Aug 18, 2017
  11. stuartdm Win User
    MicrosoftWindows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c)2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ipconfig/all
    WindowsIP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Study-PC
    Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
    Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
    IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
    DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : home
    Ethernet
    adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
    Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE FamilyController
    Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-25-22-A1-6F-6C
    DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
    Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
    Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . :fe80::a1e2:e4fe:2a4d:4a93%11(Preferred)
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.72(Preferred)
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
    Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 19 August 2017 17:36:21
    Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 20 August 2017 17:36:21
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
    DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
    DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 201336098
    DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . :00-01-00-01-19-D3-8D-AD-00-25-22-A1-6F-6C
    DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.254
    NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert194.119.131.66

Tracingroute to cns1.uk.vianw.net [194.119.131.66]
    overa maximum of 30 hops:

1 * General failure.

Tracecomplete.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

stuartdm, Aug 19, 2017
  12. Samuria Win User
    You get the correct IP but set DNS to 208.67.220.220 & 208.67.222.222 disable ipv6 can you ping PC's on the network via IP or name?

Samuria, Aug 19, 2017
  13. stuartdm Win User

I disabled ipv6, but now the computer will not work in windows at all. When it is populating the screen with icons it crashes with 'page fail in non-paged area' the error being with cpuz141_x32.sys. I have not worked out how I can start in safe mode, I have tried various Fn keys on boot up but can only get the BIOS menus. I am now using the machine in Ubuntu off a DVD.

stuartdm, Aug 19, 2017
  14. To get into safe mode power on, when you see spinning dots hold power key until it powers off. Power on, see spinning dots, hold power key until it shuts off.

On third start it should take you to Advance Startup options.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

I've never seen such a reaction from disabling IPv6. You will also notice in these menu options the option for System Restore.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Aug 19, 2017
  15. stuartdm Win User
    Thanks very much - I am having a bit of a nightmare. Finally got the PC to start up with IP6 disabled (it is using IP4). I think there is a corrupt file somewhere in my Windows (probably the file cpuz141_x32.sys which always comes up as the problem. I tried a reset of Windows, but it didn't work. The current situation is that my PC can see the other devices on the LAN - Printer, hub, other PC, but they cannot see my PC. I can Ping myself.

I think I need to re-install Windows 10, but it was installed as an upgrade from Windows 7 for which I no longer have any disks, how will I be able to get the required files?

stuartdm, Aug 20, 2017
Thema:

1. Unable to access Internet on Windows 10 PC - Network is working. - Similar Threads - Unable access Internet

2. Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works: Hi guysMy internet drops out on occasion using my Dell work laptop running Windows 10 connected via Wi-Fi my iPhone etc shows the connection via Wi-Fi is fine and there is no problem with the internet connection. Weirdly when I hover over the Network Status Wi-Fi my internet...
  3. Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works: Hi guysMy internet drops out on occasion using my Dell work laptop running Windows 10 connected via Wi-Fi my iPhone etc shows the connection via Wi-Fi is fine and there is no problem with the internet connection. Weirdly when I hover over the Network Status Wi-Fi my internet...
  4. Windows 10 'No Internet access' shows in Internet Network Status Even When Internet Works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  6. Unable to access networked PC on home network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access networked PC on home network: I have 2 PC’s with Windows 10 on a home network, hardwired to the router. Despite configuring my home network to share files and configuring my antiviral program to private network and full trust on both PC’s, I cannot access the other PC on the network from either PC.When I...
  7. Unable to access networked PC on home network

8. WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC

WLAN AutoConfig Service not working - Unable to access internet on PC: Hello, I saw a question about my issue on this site from 2014 and because I am suffering from basically the same issue, I will be using his/her question - Windows could not start the WLAN AutoConfig services on Local Computer. Error 193: 0xc1 I spent a few hours online...
  9. internet works but network icon says "no internet access"

internet works but network icon says "no internet access": My internet/wifi is working properly, but the network icon has that round symbol that means "no internet access". The problem is that Microsoft Store thinks I don't have internet connection, so it won't let me download apps. I know the problem is not with my wifi, because...
  10. Internet Access but no Network Access

Internet Access but no Network Access: Hello, I am new to this thread and I encountered some problems with my internet. My internet worked fine and I didn't do any changes to it up until it stopped working. I've managed to fix the internet access to allow me to access the internet on my laptop through wi-fi...