Windows 10: Unable to access Network Drive during an application installation

Discus and support Unable to access Network Drive during an application installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I am using a personal cloud storage drive (MyCloud by WD) in my network. In my windows 10 I am trying to install an application (The Journal by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by bsudhir6, Jan 2, 2018.

1. bsudhir6 Win User

Unable to access Network Drive during an application installation

Hi,

I am using a personal cloud storage drive (MyCloud by WD) in my network. In my windows 10 I am trying to install an application (The Journal by David RM) where I have a choice to install on a network drive. But when I try to select mapped drive to my network location I am getting error. please check screenshot(s) why this is happening I have no idea. Please help.

Thanks,
    Sudhir

:)

bsudhir6, Jan 2, 2018

2. Windows Installer Error while Launching an application

Hi,

I am getting the following dialog box [Windows installer- preparing to install] when I try to launch an application from desktop, the application is 'Quotewerks' a quoting software which is installed in my network drive. This application works fine when
    accessed by the other computers from my network drive, other computers runs on windows 8.

Thanks for the help.

habeebrehman, Jan 2, 2018
  3. Ritergal Win User
    Can't connect to other computer on network after Windows 10 upgrade

We have three computers that have been networked using a Workgroup home network. We want to share multiple disk drives on desktop computers, not just homegroup folders, so the Homegroup option is not viable. Our Workgroup network was doing fine while we
    ran two computers on Windows 7 and a laptop on Windows 8.1. It even worked with two of them on Windows 10.

Now I upgraded the third, we'll call this one Desktop B. Currently Desktop B can access files on Laptop, but not on Desktop A. Both Desktop A and B and Laptop are listed as network components, but Desktop B is unable to access drives on Desktop A and Desktop
    A is unable to access drives on Desktop B.

The error message I get is

-----------------

\\Desktop A is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions.

Logon failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer.

-----------------

I didn't change any network settings during this upgrade, and the troubleshooter is clueless. The drives are still set to share and a private network name (changed from Workgroup to ATT*******) is listed. Why is Laptop accessible and not Desktop A? What
    can we do to grant this access?

Please DO NOT provide instructions for enabling a Homegroup. Been there, done that. It's not what we want.

Ritergal, Jan 2, 2018
  4. AndreTen Win User

Hi Sudhir and welcome to Tenforums!

Try it without mapping the share. Browse for it, or put in network address from explorer.

I've had some similar problems lately. Could be some changes in Windows 10 (since 8.1 actually) or should WD update their firmware (won't happen most probably - depending which generation you have).

Edit: do you have pro or Home Windows version ?

Edit 2: Create share with administrator account... or

(this is old tip I found for Windows 7) try this. Start registry editor and find key:
    problem could be because you are running installer with administrator privileges, Mapped drive is accepting standard user (it was created by standard user). Sounds strange, but it works like that. Other solution is to turn UAC off, but you don't want to do that.

Edit 3: see older post here on Tenforums *Arrow Network drive not showing...

AndreTen, Jan 2, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to access Network Drive during an application installation - Similar Threads - Unable access Network

2. Unable to install applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install applications: Hi AllOver the last few days, I have been unable to install/update software. All installers, whether run automatically or manually, just hang and don't progress along the status bars at all.I have tried the install and uninstall troubleshooterI have tried setting msiexec to...
  3. Unable to install applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install applications: Hi AllOver the last few days, I have been unable to install/update software. All installers, whether run automatically or manually, just hang and don't progress along the status bars at all.I have tried the install and uninstall troubleshooterI have tried setting msiexec to...
  4. Unable to access shared drive on other network computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared drive on other network computers: Hello, on our home network we have my computer and my wife's computer and recently we purchased a WD MyBook to act as a backup drive for the both of us. I've gotten this set up and it is currently plugged into my PC and I have set it to share to the network. However, when I...
  5. Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005

in Windows 10 News
    Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005: [ATTACH]Some Windows 10 users might encounter the error message Unable to access Network drive, […] This article Network Error: Unable to access Network drive, Error 0x80004005 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. Assigning access rights during MSI install of application

Assigning access rights during MSI install of application: I am designing/developing the MSI installation package for a 32-bit workstation application developed using Visual Studio 2017 on Windows 10. I want to install the application such that any user of the workstation can run the application whether or not the user has...
  7. Unable to access Network Drive private folder.

Unable to access Network Drive private folder.: Hello, I have just built a new desktop PC and installed Windows 10 Pro. I have a Seagate 3TByte NAS on my network which has just one account on it. Whilst I can access the public folder from my new PC, I can't access the private one. I enter the user name and password but...
  8. Unable to access a network drive

Unable to access a network drive: I have a mapped network drive that I can see but cannot access. The message from " Windows Security" Enter network credentials to :HD name My Computer name Password I have entered my password from my computer. I have tried my network password neither works. I states...
  9. Unable to access Network drive

Unable to access Network drive: My laptop cannot open this external hard drive, it always used to. Troubleshooting hasn't helped and a chat didn't resolve anything either. The laptop sees the hard drive on the network but says it cannot open it. Any ideas? ***Title modified from: dlink 26BCD6***...
  10. Unable to access network drive in Explorer

Unable to access network drive in Explorer: I have a NAS (WD MyBookLive) which cannot be accessed in Windows Explorer on my brand new Surface by IP address (or name- though that doesn't work on any of my devices for some reason). I can access the config page in my browser by IP, and two other Win10 devices on my...