Windows 10: Unable to access network files or printer after reseting win 10.Between win 7 & win 10 no...

Discus and support Unable to access network files or printer after reseting win 10.Between win 7 & win 10 no... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After reset Win 10 no longer able to connect to network except media files on Media Player .No print no access to desktop win 7 . Checked all boxes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VinceDunbar, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Unable to access network files or printer after reseting win 10.Between win 7 & win 10 no...

After reset Win 10 no longer able to connect to network except media files on Media Player .No print no access to desktop win 7 .

Checked all boxes for share printer files everyone all users no joy .Anyone got ideas.

Vinny

:)

VinceDunbar, Aug 21, 2018
  2. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Aug 21, 2018
  3. File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Aug 21, 2018
  4. Shaum Win User

Unable to access network files or printer after reseting win 10.Between win 7 & win 10 no...

No printers in Win 10

Installed Win 10 (after 12 hrs!) and none of my printers show up under Printers and Scanners. I had 6 listed under Win 8.1 including the networked units. Nor do the scanners. Now what? Back to Win 7 or maybe 8.1?

Shaum, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

Unable to access network files or printer after reseting win 10.Between win 7 & win 10 no...

1. Unable to access network files or printer after reseting win 10.Between win 7 & win 10 no... - Similar Threads - Unable access network

2. Problems with Publisher 2016 files between Win 7 and Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Publisher 2016 files between Win 7 and Win 10: I am having problems with the font sizes in files I use between Publisher 2016 on my Windows 7 and Windows 10 machines. The graphics in the file are in place, but the pagination of the text is way off. The page count is the same, the graphics are all in place, but the text...
  3. Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing between Win 10 and Win 7: I have Windows Media Center set up on Win 7 on one machine. When I got to Network on the 10 machine, the 7 machine is listed, as well as all the drives on it. When I try to open any folder is says I don't have permission to access it. Everything I can find is set to share...
  4. Difference Spacing in txt file between win 7 and win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference Spacing in txt file between win 7 and win 10: Okay, I have problem with my notepad format for txt file. first I export my file from SAP program and save them to txt file. And then i opened them on Win 7, the file is seem right. But i tried opened on my laptop win 10 its gone wrong, there was spacing on the row. But i...
  5. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  6. Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7

Network Issues between Win 10 and Win 7: After upgrading to Win 10 1903, I had to redo all local networking. No problem in getting my Win 10 computers to communicate with each other, but the only way I can get the Win 10 computers to access shares on my old Win 7 system is to disable IP 6 on the Win 10 computer...
  7. No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop

No access to Win 10 folders from networked Win 7 PC or Win 7 Laptop: About 4 weeks ago I found I could no longer access any Win 10 folders from my Win 7 PC or Win 7 laptop. I have done the following to try to resolve this. 1) On Win 7 machines. deleted mapped drives and tried to re-map them – Failed, could not even see the Win 10 Laptop when...
  8. How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10

How to Network WIN 7 to WIN 10: I had asked this question previously and received an answer which somehow got deleted from my email. So please excuse the redundancy. I would like to network two computers. One has WIN 7 and the other WIN 10. As WIN 10 no longer supports home groups, I can't get them to see...
  9. Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10: I have a Acer Aspire Netbook running win 7, used mainly for image and powerpoint viewing and playing Freecell. I have been unable to move to Win 10. Trying to download and install goes on for up to 6 hrs without any sign of completion. Trying the update button goes to 23%...
  10. Networking Win 10 with Win 7

Networking Win 10 with Win 7: I have a desktop PC and two laptops all running Win 7 and networked through my router. I'd like to upgrade one of the laptops to Win 10 as a trial starter for probable upgrade on all but do not wish to lose the network connection in the meantime. Is that going to be a problem...