Windows 10: Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

Discus and support Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Logan Thomas1, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error message saying "Windows cannot connect to the printer." Can someone please help me troubleshoot this issue and access the shared printer?

:)

Logan Thomas1, Feb 23, 2024

2. Home Network and shared printer access problems

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern, as you are having issue with accessing the files and printer within the network and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the error message you get, while accessing the file or the Printer using Windows 7 PC?
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform all the steps in all the PC that are connected in the network as suggested by Roohi Taj on January 8th, 2019
    in this

As an additional information please refer the below articles:

File sharing over a network in Windows 10

Share files in File Explorer

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 23, 2024
  3. asus2016 Win User
    Win10 computer suddenly unable to access printer on home wifi

For some reason, the printer lasted less than 24 hours printing correctly, and now I again can't fix it, even by doing what "worked" before (Comment #6 upthread).

Regarding the static IP suggestion:
    1. The printer is connected via USB to a Windows 7 computer on the home network. It's not on the network by IP address. Here is a screenshot of the printer port properties.
      Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network 0831d1535212867t-win10-computer-suddenly-unable-access-printer-home-wifi-printer-port-properties.jpg
    2. Although there ARE "headaches" as is said above, the vast majority of the other computers on the home wifi network, NEVER have had a problem printing to it. And this applies to computers that have run XP, Win7, Win10, and MacOS. For the most part until now, it's included the particular Win10 computer in question.
    3. If I still might be able to give it a static IP address, will this affect the other computers that have been able to print to it fine using printer name?

asus2016, Feb 23, 2024
  4. steve108 Win User

Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

steve108, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

1. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network - Similar Threads - Unable Access Shared

2. Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Shared Printer on Network: Hello, I'm having trouble accessing a shared printer on my home network from my Windows 11 laptop. The printer is connected to another computer on the network, and sharing is enabled, but I can't seem to connect to it. Whenever I try to add the printer, I receive an error...
  3. Unable to access shared devices on network.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access shared devices on network.: Hi, I'm setting up a small home network of three PCs C4-1, C4-2 and C4-3 that must be able to talk to each other and have their file system be accessed from another device. These PCs are all connected to the same router via ethernet cables and have been configured following...
  4. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  5. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

Problem with accessing Network shared Printer: I've been trying to access network shared printer but it is not successful. I've configured the network sharing but I still cannot access it. The versions of the PC's are Windows 10. Windows 11 and windows 11 pro.We were able to print before with no problem. I have disabled...
  6. Problem with accessing Network shared Printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  8. Unable to access shared printer

Unable to access shared printer: When i am trying to connect with shared printer keeps getting User ID and password prompt to get connect. I have turned off network discovery password protection. Tried to the partner host administrator password but no luck,...
  9. Unable to access shared printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Printer Sharing and Network credential access

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Printer Sharing and Network credential access: Hello: I have two desktops running Windows 10. One is a new one and I would like to be able to print from the USB connected printer on the other desktop. Problem is when I go to access my other computer which I can see, it pops up asking for security credentials. I really...