Windows 10: Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter

Discus and support Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've recently upgraded my home PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've been using a Realtek USB Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the internet. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by helios799, Nov 16, 2015.

1. helios799 Win User

Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter

I've recently upgraded my home PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've been using a Realtek USB Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the internet. After installing the new OS and running it for the first time, I couldn't connect to my home network.

After reinstalling the drivers supplies by the manufacturer and reattaching the adapter, I attempted to again connect to the network. The "Verifying and connecting" message displayed, but after closing Settings and returning to the same page, all of the Wi-Fi settings have disappeared, like the drivers have crashed.

I can also confirm that this problem isn't unique to my network.

If anyone has any suggestions, it would be appreciated.

:)

helios799, Nov 16, 2015

2. No mobile Hotspot option in my desktop computer.

Hi MercyMonica,

to check if your desktop PC is equipped with the wi-fi adapter, go to Device Manager> network adapters, check if it is present. Or post the screenshot.

If the wi-fi adapter is not present, you can purchase and install a compatible wi-fi usb adapter (usb key wi-fi) for Windows 10.

Note: What DaveM121 claims is not true, mobile hotspot must be able to work even if the Wi-Fi adapter driver does not support the hosted network.

Mobile hotspot and hosted network use completely different network protocols.

franco d'esaro, Nov 16, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    NIC

"'NIC" stands for Network Interface Card (or Controller), and normally it refers to an Ethernet Adapter, not a Wi-Fi adapter. They're two different things. Most desktop computers don't come with Wi-Fi adapters, but they do come with Ethernet Adapters.
    You can't access Wi-Fi networks without a Wi-Fi adapter.

JimWynne, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter

You'd probably have better success getting an answer in the "Network & Sharing" section of the forum.

fracking4oil, Nov 16, 2015
Thema:

Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter

1. Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter - Similar Threads - Unable Access Networks

2. Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't connect to Wi-Fi and/or missing Wi-Fi network adapter: I recently got a new laptop, an ASUS ROG Zephyrus. I updated the computer to Windows 11, and since then it has not been able to connect to the Wi-Fi. I've watched numerous videos on how to "solve" my problem, yet not have worked. I have gone through the troubleshooter, yet it...
  3. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  4. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues: Hello, I have a Dell Vostro 3558, Windows 10, and for several months now I've been having a problem with my Wi-Fi network adapter which prevents me to connect to the Internet. It wasn't so bad at first I would just shut down and boot pc again then the Wi-Fi would work but now...
  5. Wi-Fi network adapter and Wi-Fi issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to access Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access Wi-Fi: I have an HP laptop with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC7265 Wi-Fi Network adapter. It uses the Intel Driver 22.100.1.3 driver, dated 10/18/2021. Windows Device Manager tells me the device is working properly. It also tells me this is the latest driver for the device. Intel...
  7. Unable to access Wi-Fi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access Wi-Fi: I have an HP laptop with an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC7265 Wi-Fi Network adapter. It uses the Intel Driver 22.100.1.3 driver, dated 10/18/2021. Windows Device Manager tells me the device is working properly. It also tells me this is the latest driver for the device. Intel...
  8. Windows 10 won't connect to open Wi-Fi network if I don't use USB Wi-Fi Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 won't connect to open Wi-Fi network if I don't use USB Wi-Fi Adapter: I am trying to connect to an open Wi-Fi network, but somehow Windows 10 does not allow it, and I get the following message: Can't connect to this network I can use my phone to connect to the open Wi-Fi network without any problem. I can also connect any other device....
  9. Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable To Access Wi-Fi Networks When Using USB Adapter: I've recently upgraded my home PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. I've been using a Realtek USB Wi-Fi adapter to connect to the internet. After installing the new OS and running it for the first time, I couldn't connect to my home network. After reinstalling the drivers...
  10. Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb Wi-Fi adapter not working: I've recently bought a nano usb wi-fi adapter and on it's packaging it says it's only compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7. Indeed its drivers don't work on Windows 10 9879, the device is recognized but it doesn't work. Is there a way around this? Any help will be greatly...