Windows 10: unable to access windows 10 pc with android devices

Discus and support unable to access windows 10 pc with android devices in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi guys hoping someone here can help as iam at my wits end*Mad i have a dell optiplex 755 running win 10 pro 1511 connected via Ethernet to a tenda... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cybes, Oct 17, 2016.

1. cybes Win User

unable to access windows 10 pc with android devices

hi guys hoping someone here can help as iam at my wits end*Mad
    i have a dell optiplex 755 running win 10 pro 1511 connected via Ethernet to a tenda w548d wireless router ive been trying to connect to it with my android phone and an android tv box neither of them can find the win 10 pc ive tried a few different apps on my phone es file explorer and file-manager hd and have tried to add my shared drive with the tv box through kodi and their both saying theres nothing there. ive checked that the share permission is set to everyone , ive made sure local discovery is switched on, enabled webbios over tcp/ip. ive switched off multicast switches to unicast on my router the router itself is showing the pc's ip under the wireless section so why cant i cannot find it is beyond me ive also tried turning the firewall off in windows but nothing seems to work so any ideas you guys have would be great
    thanks in advance

:)

cybes, Oct 17, 2016

2. Android Devices not showing up as MTP (Portable Media) Devices on Windows 10

my windows 10 pc not show portable device in device manager, i unable copy image from my android phone

suklalsuryavansi, Oct 17, 2016
  3. HenryACZF Win User
    Bluetooth Mouse disconnects regularly on windows 10

I'm facing the same issue here. I have tested my mouse (logitech m535) on two different windows 10 PCs, and two android devices. I have not had any disconnection issues on the android devices. The windows 10 PCs will occasionally drop the connection to the
    mouse, only reconnecting if 'show bluetooth devices' is accessed via the system tray.

I get the impression this is a windows 10 issue.

HenryACZF, Oct 17, 2016
  4. Haxcid Win User

You have to turn on DLNA sharing. It is not enough to just share and give permissions. Click on Cortana and type media streaming options. She should give you a link right to control panel applet. Enable it.

Haxcid, Oct 17, 2016
  5. cybes Win User
    cheers dude but i tried that this morning with no joy

cybes, Oct 17, 2016
  6. cybes Win User
    restarted router this morning and woolaaa it showing fine now woohooo not sure what out of the multiple things i tried it was but i can now access my shares no problems

cybes, Oct 18, 2016
  7. cybes Win User
    and its back again power cut caused every thing to restart and cant do a thing again tried a few things the last few days that i thought solved it the last time but nout so any surgestions welcome

cybes, Nov 1, 2016
  8. linw Win User

A very good app for checking networks from Android is Fing. Install this and see what it sees on your network. It will allow you to ping devices as well.

While you are at it, install Wifi Analyzer as well!

Both are free.

linw, Nov 1, 2016
  9. cybes Win User
    thanks dude i downloaded fing and it shows router and phones just no windows machine ive been using wifi net watch on the windows 10 machine which just shows the router and the win 10 machine so iam guessing there on seperate networks some how wich is really anoying as i cant find a setting in the router to make them one. really not sure what to try now guessing its something to do with the router just not sure what

cybes, Nov 2, 2016
  10. linw Win User
    What are the IP numbers showing on Fing? Router IP is ?

On the win 10 PC, run ipconfig from the command prompt. What is the IPv4 IP address and what is the gateway address?

11. cybes Win User
    both showing router as 192.141.1.2 and win pc is 192.168.1.141

cybes, Nov 4, 2016
  12. linw Win User
    You are showing different subnets so that needs fixing. The 192.141 is odd. Your subnet should be 192.168.1.x

But it is not clear from your post what the gateway IP is.

Describe the network as well. Is the router you mention a separate router or is it the gateway device as in modem router?

13. cybes Win User

sorry dude my bad there all on same subnet i think bad typo the defult gateway is 192.168.1.2 on the win 10 machine.
    the router is a Tenda w548d v2 its an ADSL2+ router with integrated wireless access point + 4 port ethernet switch.
    thanks for taking the time to help figure this out as its been driving me bonkers

cybes, Nov 5, 2016
  14. linw Win User
    With being on the same subnet, and (hopefully) having the mask as 255.255.255.0, there is no apparent reason why your win 10 comp shouldn't be seen.
    But it is interesting that it did show briefly. I will say that sometimes routers don't relay traffic from wireless to LAN reliably. In fact, one of my routers has this fault. So, maybe that is what you are seeing?

Perhaps google to see whether that modem/router has this fault?

Good luck.

Thema:

1. unable to access windows 10 pc with android devices - Similar Threads - unable access android

2. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  3. Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to access settings on Windows 10 pc: i can't open settings in windows 10 Original Title : settings issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-access-settings-on-windows-10-pc/ee76197d-dc9f-44d9-8f1b-4f7d45ef9138
  4. Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer: When I connect my Xiaomi Poco F1 phone to my computer running Windows 10 Pro N and select "File Transfer" in my phone, I am expecting my phone storage to be accessible from computer, but it is not opening anything. >> In Device manager, my phone is listed as "POCO F1"...
  5. Unable to access devices in settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to access devices in settings.: Hello, some guy optimized my PC and my fps is certainty better but for some reason whenever i click 'devices' in settings the whole settings application will just close. I can access all other settings options, just not devices. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/peckzzz...
  6. Unable to import photos from Android device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to import photos from Android device: In June 2019 I imported photos from my LG Aristo 3 with no issues. Now I cannot. Plus photos previously - some are now corrupt or cannot be opened. Was this due to an update and if so, how can this be stopped. ***Modified title from: Photo Import from Android***...
  7. Accessing files on my Windows 10 PC from my Android Device

Accessing files on my Windows 10 PC from my Android Device: Hi, recently, my hard drive failed, taking my copy of Windows 10 with it. Predictably, I had not created a recovery disk but managed, through another PC, to re-create a restore disk which I then used to re-install Windows 10 on my PC, (after fitting another hard drive)....
  8. Unable To Access Device Manager.

Unable To Access Device Manager.: You made it so admins cannot open Device Manger, Microsoft? I now have to stop everything I am doing to do a bunch of stupid things to regain device manager access. ***Edited Original Title From: YOU MORONS made it so ADMINS cannot open DEVICE MANAGER? Microsoft =...
  9. Can't access to my PC via my Android device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access to my PC via my Android device: I've done a Windows 10 FCU clean install I'm not able to access my shared folders via Android N devices using a simple LAN connection with Solid Explorer. The only error I get is "A problem occurred with network communication". I've tried to login with my admin password, as a...
  10. Android device recognized but cannot access files on it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Android device recognized but cannot access files on it: Hello! This is definitely a Windows 10 thing. If I connect either my Nexus 5 or my LG G4 to my PC via USB the phone is recognized. I can see it in Windows Explorer but clicking on it does nothing, no access to files. Before I made the jump from Vista to Windows 10 it...