Windows 10: Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account

Discus and support Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Oh bother... I'm running Windows 10 9879 in VMWare Workstation 10, this the third build that has this problem. I cannot and it will not let me sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Coke Robot, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account

Oh bother...

I'm running Windows 10 9879 in VMWare Workstation 10, this the third build that has this problem. I cannot and it will not let me sign into my Microsoft Account to start out with. The error code only seems to pertain to some Windows Update error on other versions of Windows. I can't really install many Windows updates, some do some don't. New build previews don't go either, an error code search will result in Windows update errors on other versions and doesn't do anything with 10. I also cannot activate it whatsoever.

It does connect to the Matrix and I can browse with IE just fine, but everything on that end of the spectrum doesn't work.

What could be the issue here?

I think I might use a spare drive and do a hard install on that of 10 since my SSD can't be partitioned enough for the install. My bet is VMWare doing something.

:)

Coke Robot, Nov 16, 2014
  2. Joseph Leo Ndlovu, Nov 16, 2014
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account on WP8 - Sign in Service down?

My initial question is, can you log into your Microsoft account from a PC?

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 16, 2014
Thema:

Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account

1. Unable to activate, update, or sign into Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Unable activate update

2. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  3. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account: Setting up new computer and it says “something went wrong. Try again” when I try to set up my account. I’m also not able to reach Microsoft sites via browser. Other sites are fine so device and network are working. Account is reachable on other devices so that’s not the issue...
  4. Unable to sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  6. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.: Hi I am Akshansh,I have a problem after the latest windows update infinite update loading screen after a restart for update. I saw video on YouTube and it says that turn the computer OFF by press and holding Power button for some seconds. I did that.Now, the problem I'm...
  7. Unable to sign into Microsoft Account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Unable to sign into microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into microsoft account: I cant launch any games i bought from the microsoft store on my pc. The message that pops up says i must be signed in to play these games. I am signed in on the microsoft store but i am unable to sign in on the xbox game bar and xbox app on pc. The sign in button just doesnt...
  9. Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to sign into Microsoft account in windows: This all started with a reinstall of windows through settings > refresh due to a random shutdown bug that I pinned down to a driver, but couldn't quite fix. During that refresh, when windows asked me to sign into my Microsoft account, it popped up a crappy looking, internet...
  10. Unable to sign in to microsoft user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to sign in to microsoft user account: miscrosoft account sing in "You need to install an app for this task" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-sign-in-to-microsoft-user-account/ded709da-dfff-4a4f-8bbf-96de589104fe