Windows 10: Unable to add hotmail account to Windows 10 Mail app, error code: 0x80070781

Discus and support Unable to add hotmail account to Windows 10 Mail app, error code: 0x80070781 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; For no obvious reason, the Mail and Calendar app on my windows 8 machine stopped working. There are many posts on this database about this problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cruckster, Jul 26, 2018.

1. cruckster Win User

Unable to add hotmail account to Windows 10 Mail app, error code: 0x80070781

For no obvious reason, the Mail and Calendar app on my windows 8 machine stopped working. There are many posts on this database about this problem. Instead of making a change, I decided to use the mail app on my Windows 10 machine. However, when trying to add the app I get the error message in the subject line above 'Something went wrong - please try later' 'The name of the file cannot be resolved by the system'. I am trying to add a Hotmail.co.uk account. I am able to successfully add a talk21.com account (email only). I have followed steps 1-3 in this post...

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/unable-to-add-hotmail-account-to-windows-10-mail/0d27d4cd-15ae-47e7-87c5-b46970ae01b1

...but get the same error message.

Any other ideas on how to fix this, please?

:)

cruckster, Jul 26, 2018

2. Can't add hotmail account on Mail app with an error 0x80040b0b

Hello,

As you are unable to add Hotmail account on Mail app, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Does this issue specific only with the Hotmail account?

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Method 2: I suggest you to remove the account and try to add again and check.

Refer: Remove an account

For further reference: Mail app for Windows

Note: Links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Method 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2018
  3. Can't add hotmail account on Mail app with an error 0x80040b0b

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with adding the Hotmail account on Mail app.

Do let us know the following the assist you better:

• What is the complete error code/ error notification of this issue?
    • How many user accounts have you added on to Mail app?
    • Is this issue confined only with Hotmail account?

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article about how to add an account on Mail app and check if you have tried the same:
    Set up Mail and add contacts

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 26, 2018
  4. rpsgc Win User

rpsgc, Jul 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to add hotmail account to Windows 10 Mail app, error code: 0x80070781 - Similar Threads - Unable add hotmail

2. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  3. Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't add Hotmail account to Mail app: Whenever I try to add a Hotmail account to the Mail app (which I literally just downloaded and installed from the Store), I get this error after I select the account on the screen prior: https://i.imgur.com/rWRvHVl.png What to do? The mail account exists and I can access it...
  4. cuenta hotmail no puedo abrir correo error 0x80070781

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cuenta hotmail no puedo abrir correo error 0x80070781: hola en el solucionador de problemas me dice,, error en la base de datos de windows update, y no deja reparar. Esto me ha pasado en la última actualización en windows 10 HOME mi ordenador es un DELL INSPIRON 1012 Necesito ayuda por favor Muchas gracias...
  5. onedrive error code 0x80070781

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    onedrive error code 0x80070781: I always have this error code. I cant access my onedrive. Please help me how to fix it. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-error-code-0x80070781/cd15f5a1-0e72-42e1-81ff-522a3cda052c"
  6. error code 0x80070781

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error code 0x80070781: recently I bought office 365 but my local pc hotmail is different,I tried to change it and gave me 0x80070781 error so I can't use my 365. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80070781/7a5972a9-e41d-4d85-a68b-817c63a08176
  7. Error code 0x80070781

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error code 0x80070781: I am fed up with this sign in error code 0x80070781. Every time I try to sign into my microsoft account from any store app, this sh*t is disturbing the process. Someone PLEASE help with GUARANTEED solution. Thanks....
  8. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  9. Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to add account on Mail app. Error - account already exists: i have an ooutlook account that is in windows 10 mail, i am tryikng to add another to wi 10 mail how do i do that , by the numbers please ??? here is basically what happens it presents the account i want to include . when i try to add it, it says it already exists and...
  10. Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App

Cannot add Hotmail or gmail account to Mail and Calendar App: Hi I was logged on with my non admin account and tried to add a gmail account to Mail and Calendar app - error 0x8004005. Uninstalled app and downloaded and reinstalled. Same result Signed in with my admin account and same message. Tried to add a Microsoft account and got...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070781 microsoft account

2. unable to see account on windows mail says already there

3. unable to add email account windows 10

4. cannot add hotmail email account windows 10,
  5. microsoft error code 0x80070781,
  6. unable to add an additional hotmail account in outlook window 10,
  7. outlook 0x80070781 error,
  8. mail app error 0x80070781,
  9. add hotmail windows 10 0x8000ffff,
  10. outlook error 0x80070781,