Windows 10: Unable to add O365 Account Notebook to OneNote App

Discus and support Unable to add O365 Account Notebook to OneNote App in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Office 2013 and Windows 10. I also have my own personal Office 365 account. I have been using the Windows Store OneNote app... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nuspieds, Aug 23, 2015.

1. nuspieds Win User

Unable to add O365 Account Notebook to OneNote App

Hello,

I'm running Office 2013 and Windows 10. I also have my own personal Office 365 account.

I have been using the Windows Store OneNote app with my personal Windows Account OneDrive since Windows 8. I now want to transition everything to my OneDrive for Business account.

When I use the Windows Store OneNote app and try to add the OneDrive for Business Account, after I enter my login credentials, I just get a blank popup window with the "#" in the upper-left interior of the window. All I can do is close the window at that point.

I tried entering a wrong password, just to make sure that it was properly checking my credentials and that test passed, so it is definitely not a password issue. I authenticate, but then nothing is displayed in that popup window for me to complete the addition of the new account.

Of course, if I use my Office 365 OneNote app, it works fine, no issues. But when I use the Windows Store OneNote app, that's when I get the problems I describe above.

The Desktop version, OneNote 2013, also works fine with my OneNote for Business/Office 365 notebook.

Is there something I am doing wrong not have not setup correctly?

Thanks!

:)

nuspieds, Aug 23, 2015
  2. CaseyHIll Win User

Windows 10 "Sync your settings" disabled after Fall Creators Update

Why did you have to move your OneNote notebooks? I removed my O365 account from Windows settings and it said I couldn't sync at that point.

But when I open a work/0365 notebook, i only have to type in my password and it syncs fine. (It asks me if I want to add to the "Access work or school" area and I decline. And other notebooks in my O365 files work fine as well.

And I did not have to add the 0365 account back into the "Access work or school" settings. It's inconvenient to have to sign in each day, but does work.

And since sync between the Edge browser also appears to work even if the main sync settings are not available, I'm still not clear on what of importance syncs between machines with this setting enabled. I see things like color schemes mentioned, but who
    really needs that? Change to the start menu organisation or task bar sync would be helpful but not included in the sync function.

CaseyHIll, Aug 23, 2015
  3. Failing to use notebooks from multiple accounts

Using a Lumia 650 dual sim for work and private I would like to use OneNote for both my work and private notebooks which are stored under respectively my work and private Microsoft accounts. According to

this
    and
    this
    article I should be able to do this since version 17.7668.57682.0. I have tried without success.

I run the higher version 17.8366.57582.0 of OneNote. The phone is set up with my work account and I can access the work notebooks fine. The "Open more notebooks" should allow for opening more notebooks from different accounts using the "Add account" option.
    I can add the private account what I like, but the notebook on that account is not picked up.

What could I be doing wrong?

buurman_070, Aug 23, 2015
  4. nuspieds Win User

nuspieds, Aug 23, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to add O365 Account Notebook to OneNote App - Similar Threads - Unable add O365

2. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  3. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Notebooks Gone in OneNote: Hello,I have come across a problem just last night and can't seem to find ANY of my notebooks. I have been scouring online to find a solution but haven't yet. I have all of my notes in OneNote so I could access work notes from my iPhone while traveling and it works great, I...
  4. All Notebooks Gone in OneNote

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to Add Account to the Mail app

Unable to Add Account to the Mail app: Good afternoon, When attempting to Add an Account to the Mail app, I can go through the process of adding an account however nothing shows up after the account is added. I added an IMAP work e-mail, it didn't show, when I tried to add it again it states "Account already...
  6. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  7. Remove a OneNote notebook

Remove a OneNote notebook: In the list of Notebooks in OneNote I have several Items I'm no longer interested in. How do I remove these from the list? Attemps to open them results in the following messages: [ATTACH]...
  8. copy a onenote notebook

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy a onenote notebook: I looked at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_onenote-mso_other/this-is-how-to-copy-a-onenote-notebook/6c905b62-04da-4f9c-807b-1eebcf2a1313?page=2 But this no longer seems correct information. There is no File menu in version...
  9. Unable to add gmail account to calendar app

Unable to add gmail account to calendar app: Hi, I have a problem with the calendar app. I want to connect a certain one of my two Gmail accounts to the calendar app. When I click the settings button then 'manage account', I can see that my Gmail account is connected. However, when I look at the calendars, it says I...
  10. Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Access OneNote for Windows 10 notebooks in OneNote 2010: I have spent hours trying to do something that should be simple, and have given up in frustration. I imported my Evernote notebooks into OneNote for Windows 10 successfully. According to Microsoft, I should be also able to view these notebooks in OneNote 2010. This has...