Windows 10: Unable to Add 'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help

Discus and support Unable to Add 'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I teried a registry hack that adds 'pin to start' to the context menu. I created a reg file and added this:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Mar 25, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

Unable to Add 'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help

I teried a registry hack that adds 'pin to start' to the context menu. I created a reg file and added this:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\*\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\PinToStartScreen]
    @="{470C0EBD-5D73-4d58-9CED-E91E22E23282}"

But it doesnt show up. And I get an error message after I try to merge which says this:

Unable to Add  'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help [​IMG]

How do I fix this??

:)

yahanna, Mar 25, 2018
  2. ilyazeld Win User

How to add WIN 10 Mail to "Send to" context menu

Thanks,
    Vanessa Sohtun,
    for your suggestion. Sure, for years, I've been happy to use the WLM and it was in my "Send to" menu. However, for your information, some time ago, Microsoft deactivated the WLM and insisted on using WIN
    10 Mail as mail client.

Is there any now working Mail App that can be added to "Send to" menu?

ilyazeld, Mar 25, 2018
  3. ilyazeld Win User
    How to add WIN 10 Mail to "Send to" context menu

Thanks, I sure will search... However, I hope MS will come around, will make one of the MS Mail clients compatible with "Send to" and restore one of convenient options.

ilyazeld, Mar 25, 2018
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Mar 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Add 'Pin to Start' to Context Menu - Help - Similar Threads - Unable Add 'Pin

2. How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    How to add Restart Start Menu to Context Menu on Desktop: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 Update introduced several new features and enhancements. One of the under the hood changes is the separation of the Start Menu from the Explorer process. It is now an independent process. This process can be seen in [...] This post How to...
  3. Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add RMB context menu for selected file: Hi All, I'm unable to add RMB context menu for .prt file types. Nothing is displayed when RMB on file. I've asked same question on Stack overflow but no replay yet. Link for question: [Removed by Moderator] Thanks, Samadhan...
  4. Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu: I am unable to pin certain programs to the start menu. Please see the video below. I downloaded and installed a utility called FileTypesMan. When I attempt to pin it to the start menu, and then perform a search for it, it does not show up in the search results. Please advise....
  5. Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Pin Certain Programs to Start Menu: I am unable to pin certain programs to the start menu. Please see the video below. I downloaded and installed a utility called FileTypesMan. When I attempt to pin it to the start menu, and then perform a search for it, it does not show up in the search results. Please advise....
  6. Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu: Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!! Thanks for help! 37177
  7. Pinning files to links context menu

Pinning files to links context menu: If I right-click the Excel link in my windows start menu, the context menu displays several pinned excel files that I commonly use. I need to change the properties (file location) in one of these pinned links. I recall creating some desktop short cuts and then moving them to...
  8. Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10?

Remove "Pin to Start" Context Menu for Files in Windows 10?: Looking to remove the "pin to start" context menu from Windows 10, I use startmenu replacement and that option is very much in the way. There was a way for win 8.1 Files in Windows 8 But reg files changed, so anyone got a Win 10 version of it? Cheers. 12374
  9. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...
  10. Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Pin to Quick access Context Menu in Windows 10: Thanks so much for this. For whatever reason I wasn't able to find any Keys or Values relevant to removing 'Pin to Quick access' from context menus in Registry Editor, yet this worked. However, even after installing your file of registration entries, I am still unable to find...