Windows 10: Unable to add to domain - error code 64, or error; network name...

Discus and support Unable to add to domain - error code 64, or error; network name... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello all - Having issues with windows 10 upgrade. A few weeks ago, I upgraded my work laptop to Windows 10. Yesterday in troubleshooting an issue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by desines, Sep 21, 2015.

1. desines Win User

Unable to add to domain - error code 64, or error; network name...

Hello all -

Having issues with windows 10 upgrade. A few weeks ago, I upgraded my work laptop to Windows 10. Yesterday in troubleshooting an issue with RSAT (remote server admin tools - issue: inability to connect to domain controller through console for adminning accounts) I removed the laptop from the domain. Rebooted machine. removed machine name from domain. tried to re-add machine and getting error: 'network name is no longer available' when trying to add machine to domain. in event viewer, getting error code 64.

Machine can ping DC. Can map to file share. DNS settings correct. I can disjoin and re-add another laptop to domain. No issues here with network or on DC side. I tried incorrect credentials to see if maybe not passing credentials or not communicating properly and I received different error about incorrect credentials. system time is correct.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

:)

desines, Sep 21, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade unable to rejoin Domain

Hi,

I'm doing an AD upgrade of windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro, I removed the PC from the domain , deleted the AD computer object and ran the windows 10 app, then when trying to rejoin the Win 10 PC back to
    the Domain I'm getting the following error:

The join operation was not successful this could be because an existing computer account having name "$$$$$$$$" was previously created using a different set of Credentials.....

Access is denied.

"event Id: The machine @#@@### attempted to join the domain #$#%#$#% but failed. The error code was 1332."

"The machine @#@@### attempted to join the domain but failed. The error code was 5."

Tried multiple domain accounts to rejoin the domain and got the same error, renamed PC and still the same error.

I have used the same domain accounts to add Window 7 PC to domain without a problem.

Help?

MarkCoverdale, Sep 21, 2015
  3. ebrewster Win User
    Unable to Join Domain with Win 10 Pro

Config:

Windows SBS 2003 server. Domain Verticon.

New notebook with Win 10 pro.

Connected via in house wifi

Error:

An Active Directory domain controller (AD DC) for the domain 'Verticon' could not be connected.

details:

Note: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network's administrator, notify the administrator that you received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\Windows\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The domain name "VERTICON" might be a NetBIOS domain name. If this is the case, verify that the domain name is properly registered with WINS.

If you are certain that the name is not a NetBIOS domain name, then the following information can help you troubleshoot your DNS configuration.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain "VERTICON":

The error was: "DNS name does not exist."

(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.VERTICON

Common causes of this error include the following:

- The DNS SRV records required to locate a AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when a AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured
    to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

- One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

VERTICON

. (the root zone)

ebrewster, Sep 21, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

Go into AD and force replication. Then in a few minutes you should be able to join the domain

Thema:

1. Unable to add to domain - error code 64, or error; network name... - Similar Threads - Unable add domain

2. Unable to change file name with Error code: 0x80004005: Unspecified Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change file name with Error code: 0x80004005: Unspecified Error: What I've tried:Clean boot Created a new administrator account to perform the clean boot.Was able to change folder names afterAfter reverting the changes I was still able to change the folder names on the other account with the exact same processes running. Using DISMAnyone...
  3. Unable to change file name with Error code: 0x80004005: Unspecified Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change file name with Error code: 0x80004005: Unspecified Error: What I've tried:Clean boot Created a new administrator account to perform the clean boot.Was able to change folder names afterAfter reverting the changes I was still able to change the folder names on the other account with the exact same processes running. Using DISMAnyone...
  4. Unable to change file name with Error code: 0x80004005: Unspecified Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...

"Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...: Getting "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder You do not have permission to access:; In my directory, I can access some folders, both as a user, and most as an administrator. But not all in either. In two folders where I can...
  6. "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...: Getting "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder You do not have permission to access:; In my directory, I can access some folders, both as a user, and most as an administrator. But not all in either. In two folders where I can...
  7. "Network Error" Windows cannot access\\*domain-server name*\users\*directory name*\folder -...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Network Issues, System error 64

Network Issues, System error 64: We have had an issue persisting for some time now during our transition to a new server. We have a shared folder on Server1 that is mapped upon login with a script. After adding the new server, we have had an issue where during login, the network path is not able to mapped as...
  9. Add Network Printer Error #64

Add Network Printer Error #64: [ATTACH] Any idea about the Error Code #64 ? [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/add-network-printer-error-64/ad1bca6c-878a-4edd-a95c-305e4df8f19e
  10. "Network" displayed instead of domain name.

"Network" displayed instead of domain name.: I have problems with the new computers here in our office. Whenever the computer is restarted, it displays "Network". Instead of our "domain name" and the main problem is it cannot access our file servers. [ATTACH] As I went to "THIS PC" to rejoin the computer to our...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. attempted to join domain error code 64

2. The machine <server name> attempted to join the domain <domain name> but failed. The error code was 64

3. netjoin error code 64

4. domain join error code 64,
  5. error code 64 join domain,
  6. unable to join domain error code 64