Windows 10: Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade

Discus and support Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by mbratch, May 24, 2018.

1. mbratch Win User

Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade

I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on it happily and reliably for quite some time.... Until just now when I upgraded to version 1803.

Right after the upgrade I noticed my screen was very bright. I found that I am unable to adjust it at all using the keyboard brightness controls or the control panel. It's always at 100% bright even though the brightness control slider goes where ever I tell it. I've searched and tried some of the suggestions about uninstalling the driver and reinstalling, etc, but nothing has worked. I'd say the driver has a compatibility issue, but it was working just fine before 1803.

Does anyone have any suggestions on things to try before I take my chances on a roll-back of the 1803 upgrade?

:)

mbratch, May 24, 2018

2. Can't adjust screen brightness after Win10 ver 1803 OS build 17134.1 update

cannot adjust screen brightness on lenovo g460 after Win10 update to version 1803 OS build 17134.1

StevenH-2301, May 25, 2018
  3. Adjust Screen Brightness and Resolution in Windows 10

The screen brightness adjustment keys of my HP Pavilion laptop are not recognized by Windows 10. It is so bright that it is harming our eyes. Also, I followed the suggested alternate steps from many websites and none of them worked as the brightness adjustment
    option is not at all available even not inside Control Panel.

Please note that before installing Windows 10, I got notification that my laptop is compatible for the upgrade. Can you please help?

Hirak Bhaumik, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade

1. Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable adjust screen

2. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  3. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  4. Unable to adjust screen brightness.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to adjust screen brightness.: Dear Microsoft community, I got the following message when tried to update "display adapters" since there is no options available to adjust screen brightness either under "Display" or right corner of the task bar. Still there is exclamation sign on adaptors indicating...
  5. Unable to adjust screen brightness after last major update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after last major update: Hey all, I am unable to make any kind of adjustments to the screen brightness or even put the screen to sleep with the physical power button since the last major update. Any suggestions? Thanks...
  6. Unable to adjust brightness!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to adjust brightness!!!!: Its been two days since I adjusted my laptop's Brightness. Tried restarting it a many times still not able to adjust the brightness. Help it got stuck on the lowest level....
  7. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10: Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-adjust-screen-brightness-in-windows-10/74945e5a-ff17-4439-a1ab-6da97432a826
  8. Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Adjust Screen Brightness in Windows 10: I'm using Windows 10 Home on an ASUS laptop (Intel Core i7-8550U CPI @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz) and am unable to adjust my screen's brightness. When you move the bar in display settings, nothing happens, and there is no button available to apply changes anymore. I imagine there's...
  9. Unable to adjust screen brightness after Windows 10 Pro 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after Windows 10 Pro 1803 upgrade: I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on it happily and reliably for quite some time.... Until just now when I upgraded to version 1803. Right after the upgrade I...
  10. can't adjust brightness in W10-1803

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    can't adjust brightness in W10-1803: I'm not sure if this issue existed b4 updating. There are some old threads about similar problems but none of the fixes apply. I had a previous version of W10 but did not notice if it exhibited the problem - not my computer - I upgraded to 1803 and I can't adjust the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to reduce brightness after 1803 update

2. cant adjust display brightness after upgrading to 1803

3. brightness 1803 update

4. brightness cant reduce after upgrading to versio 1803