Windows 10: Unable to any video or sound after latest Windows 10 updates

Discus and support Unable to any video or sound after latest Windows 10 updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After your latest updates over a fortnight ago, I have been unable to play any video clips from Youtube, or my own video files. When I try to play a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NickTantsis, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Unable to any video or sound after latest Windows 10 updates

After your latest updates over a fortnight ago, I have been unable to play any video clips from Youtube, or my own video files. When I try to play a vidoe file, it says an error occurred and then gives this: ID lpRv0lhPByD9kNOC. My computer was perfectly okay before the updates. Can you please fix the issue, thank you. Nick

:)

NickTantsis, Jul 6, 2018
  2. DiRalph Win User

latest windows 10 update - no sound

the latest Windows 10 update has been installed and I have no sound on news videos, Microsoft games etc but I have done sound tests on Skype for example and all is working normally. I have followed the "troubleshoot" solution but no result.

Any suggestions?

DiRalph, Jul 6, 2018
  3. no sound after update to windows 10

Hi,

In most cases, the current drivers for your sound card are not compatible with the latest version of Windows. We suggest in getting the latest driver for your sound card and make sure that the driver is fully compatible with the latest version of Windows
    10. Kindly refer to the links below for the troubleshooting steps that you can use to possibly resolve your concern.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Unable to any video or sound after latest Windows 10 updates

Windows 10 Sound Problem

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1

Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2

I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Unable to any video or sound after latest Windows 10 updates

1. Unable to any video or sound after latest Windows 10 updates - Similar Threads - Unable video sound

2. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  3. lost sound after Windows 10 latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    lost sound after Windows 10 latest update: My HP desktop has been running happily with windows 10 but the latest windows update has killed my sound. Have tried all the instructions as per the HP virtual assistant; but still no sound. Need help, my knowledge of software is very limited. 163917
  4. Sound issues after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues after latest update: Just had the update to windows 10 2004, and now my sound keeps going very quiet. I have realtek audio. I have tried updating drivers, uninstalling and re installing, but still, after a short time the sound goes very quiet again....
  5. NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NO SOUND AFTER WINDOWS LATEST UPDATE .: After the latest windows update ,build 19025.vb_relase 191112-1414 which I downloaded yesterday @18.38 , there is no sound from the speakers , the same thing happened last year . The only thing is I can't go back and restore windows to the previous version because there is...
  6. No Sound after latest Win10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Sound after latest Win10 update.: I recently installed the latest update for Win10. Since then no sound. Ran trouble shooting programs to no avail. Deleted and installed drivers for sound. What do I do next?...
  7. Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10: Unable to play any videos online after updating windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-play-any-videos-online-after-updating/5ebbbe12-7b72-49d7-a0c3-44247d7643a1
  8. No sound after latest update.

No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  9. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  10. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...