Windows 10: Unable to boot from ISO image

Discus and support Unable to boot from ISO image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I attempted to re install Windows 10 because it was running slow, the reset failed and when I went to boot the system up it kept restarting at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hiram1986, May 4, 2016.

1. Hiram1986 Win User

Unable to boot from ISO image

I attempted to re install Windows 10 because it was running slow, the reset failed and when I went to boot the system up it kept restarting at the first ASUS screen.

I have created a ISO by Downloading the Windows 10 off the Microsoft website. I mounted the ISO using Etcher on IMac.

Plugged the USB in and changed boot priority, it detected the USB flash drive but not the content.

My system is an ASUS X550L Intel core i5 8gb 1tb HDD original operating system Windows 8

:)

Hiram1986, May 4, 2016

2. cannot login after updating to windows 10

I am connected to the internet and no I was unable to boot to the desktop. Also I downloaded the ISO image for windows 10 to a usb drive and tried to boot using that and it came up with an error message WRONG PARTITION INSTALLED.

TESStewart, May 4, 2016
  3. Computer will not boot

Still not resolved. I have

downloaded the ISO file and was unable to boot from the system created from that.

took it to a computer service.

bought a real copy of windows 10, the tech was unable to install that on the SDD drive which is where the original windows 10 was.

The tech created a win10 on a different disk and created an image on a different disk and copied it to the SSD.

Waiting to hear on that.

Is is there an issue with loading win10 to a SSD ? Cause I am beginning to wonder about the disk.

dougmartinson, May 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

If you don't mind, let's start over from scratch.
    Please follow these instructions to the letter..........................

Use the Tech Bench link to download YOUR version of Windows 10.
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select the same edition of Windows 10 your computer is now running > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  5. Hiram1986 Win User
    Hi, sorry I haven't been fully clear. My laptop is not able to boot, it just keeps restarting at the ASUS window when I turn it on. and the only computer I have access to is a IMAC that I can download the ISO

Hiram1986, May 4, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    I apologize. I completely misunderstood your post.
    You can still use the Tech Bench link and download the iso > burn it to a bootable USB > then try it on your Asus.
    If it does not work, please wait a bit for someone else to come along to help you.
    Thank you.

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Two things. First, make sure the USB flash drive is formatted for FAT32 before copying over the files from the mounted ISO file. Some computers won't boot from an NTFS flash drive. Second, if the ASUS requires flash drives to boot in legacy mode (instead of UEFI), then make sure the FAT32 partition on the USB flash drive is marked as active. Actually, just make the partition active to be sure - it won't affect UEFI booting if it is. Also, there should only be the one partition on the flash drive.

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2016
  8. Hiram1986 Win User

Hi, so I formatted the USB to FAT32, I can confirm it is single partition. How do I check it's an active partition? Can this be done from a Mac?

Hiram1986, May 4, 2016
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    I have no idea on a Mac. I only know how to from Windows/Command Prompt. Have you tried booting the Asus from it again?

NavyLCDR, May 4, 2016
  10. Kyhi Win User
    format the USB as Fat32
    Mount the ISO
    Copy the contents of the ISO to the USB
    Boot the USB

Thema:

1. Unable to boot from ISO image - Similar Threads - Unable boot ISO

2. Reinstalling Windows 10 from ISO image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 from ISO image: If I reinstall windows from ISO image and retain my files AND APPS is this the same as a clean reinstall? Will all my windows settings including networking be reset. So many adjustments have been made trying to set up my home network it is a mess....
  3. ISO or VHDX image file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ISO or VHDX image file: I am a iMac User running Sur. To use an app name3d Parallels to run a Windows 10 environment, I need to download a ISO or VHDX image file but cannot find it anywhere. Can you please point me in the nright direction?The message I receive during the Parallels installation is:...
  4. Why iso not booting from Drivedroid?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why iso not booting from Drivedroid?: Had a bootable pendrive but it's not working now so I tried to boot from drivedroid. Drivedroid boot tester works properly, also Windows 10 iso appears in bootmenu but it’s not working Also tried with USB Mountr, same problem. Sadly there’s no shop near me to buy a bootable...
  5. Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files

Create Windows 10 ISO image from other win10 iso files: Hi. I want a GUI program that i can choose from 2 or more win10 or other windows image files what i want and the final result would be one bootable iso file. Is there any GUI program for win7 that i can do these things? Please help me. 157126
  6. What ISO images are available

What ISO images are available: What if the ISO image is a later version than my computer 1809 vs. 1803, can I use the 1809 iso to create a USB recovery boot drive? Will I then be able to repair the BSOD (that I'm reasonably sure is being caused by a bad driver. My machine would run for days in Safe Mode,...
  7. Imaging to an ISO?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Imaging to an ISO?: I'm continuing to learn about imaging, a topic I've previously neglected. In addition to a couple of images I've made using the Win 10 facility (strangely accessed via File History?) I've just made another with a program called DataNumen Disk Image:...
  8. Windows 10 ISO image burned to DVD won't boot

Windows 10 ISO image burned to DVD won't boot: Hi all, As per my title, when I burn the downloaded Windows 10 ISO to a DVD, it won't boot. It shows the blue squares but right about where the spinning circle would appear, the system reboots. I have the Windows 10 Pro English x64 ISO (2 of them, actually). I...
  9. find ISO file image?

find ISO file image?: how do I search and find iso file image? will it matter if I'm getting it from another pc? using rufus. 32287
  10. ISO image

ISO image: Hi My apologies if this has been asked already. I've downloaded the ISO image and tried to burn it to DVD only to find that is too large 5.6 GIG and doesn't fit on a 4.7 : is there a way to get it to fit or can I extract it to desktop and run it from there? Any...