Windows 10: Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7

Discus and support Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 from past 2 Years in My Acer laptop Initially it was good and awesome in features all of sudden since from 3 Months it slowly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by d Naveen, Aug 8, 2018.

1. d Naveen Win User

Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7

I'm using windows 10 from past 2 Years in My Acer laptop Initially it was good and awesome in features all of sudden since from 3 Months it slowly started killing my PC Performance damn it's highly highly impossible to work and noticed my that C: Drive getting full and it's running out of space, I haven't installed a piece of Software.

So by all this decided to kick out windows 10 and wanted to Install Win 7

I have purchased version of windows 7 since 3 days trying to format it and it not getting reading the disc tired with my USB & DVD still no luck

- My DVD is in Good condition except OS cross checked with some other my personal DVD it was fine.

Note : I have installed eset nod32 antivirus which i'm using the same more than 6 Years in my Home PC & in some other systems.

Need immediate help with some technical stuff in order kick out windows 10 from my PC.

Regards,

Naveen Dasari
    Email : *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

d Naveen, Aug 8, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

windows 10 boot problems

I had windows 10 installed on my old laptop, I also had a boot problem, but my HDD just stopped spinning and I was unable to load windows.
    It still had the Asus factory recovery partition which I used to reinstall windows 7.
    I found out that my HDD was fine in windows 7, nothing wrong with it, staying with windows 7 SP1 on this laptop and I stay with windows 8.1 on my main laptop.
    No windows 10 for me!

P4-630, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7

Unable to boot to Windows 7 with error: windows 10 something 7 on dual boot with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How have you performed cloning on the fresh drive perform an upgrade?
    • Have you used any software to perform cloning?

As per the description, I understand that you are facing issues with dual booting to the operating systems Windows 7 and Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform automatic repair on Windows 7 drive as it is crashing to load.

Step 1: I suggest you to install Windows 7 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 7 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After installing Windows 7, perform an Automatic Repair.

I would like to inform that, if your Windows 7 is not able to boot or startup, Automatic Repair will come into action and try to diagnose and fix the issue. It will scan system files, registry settings, configuration settings and
    more and try to fix the problem on its own, automatically.

Perform the Automatic repair:

• When your computer starts, wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be
      F12.

• The boot menu key might differ with each manufacturer. If you are unable to find the boot menu key, you may refer the user manual.

• Restart the computer, when the manufacturer's logo is displayed, keep pressing the
      Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to
      CD\DVD ROM.

• After you boot your computer using Windows 7 DVD, a black screen appears with gray text "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD". Press any key.

• Select the correct time and
      Keyboard type

• Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner

• Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click
      Automatic repair.

For more information: Startup Repair: frequently asked questions

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7

1. Unable to boot from Widows 10 to Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Unable boot Widows

2. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 10 will not boot on it's own: Widows 10 will not boot on it's own, have to go through BIOS settings, in the settings I have set the windows boot manager as 1st option, I have also already changed the battery twice but every time I turn the tower off at the wall I have to use BIOS again. The issue started...
  3. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows 10 will not boot on it's own: Widows 10 will not boot on it's own, have to go through BIOS settings, in the settings I have set the windows boot manager as 1st option, I have also already changed the battery twice but every time I turn the tower off at the wall I have to use BIOS again. The issue started...
  4. Widows 10 will not boot on it's own

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Widows 7 Legalisation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Widows 7 Legalisation: Good day. I want to buy a used computer with illegal windows 7. I have owned the GGK version of Windows 8 on CD for a long time, but I have never used it. Is it still possible to legalize Windows 7 via GGK Windows 8 from 2012 and can I later upgrade to Windows 10 or 11? Thank...
  6. Widows 7 Legalisation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Widows 7 Legalisation: Good day. I want to buy a used computer with illegal windows 7. I have owned the GGK version of Windows 8 on CD for a long time, but I have never used it. Is it still possible to legalize Windows 7 via GGK Windows 8 from 2012 and can I later upgrade to Windows 10 or 11? Thank...
  7. Booting from windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting from windows 7: Hi, I’m trying to install windows 10 using a CD on my lap top which is a samsung RV509 but I can’t find the CD ROM icon on my booting system to boot from How can I address this issue? My current windows is a windows 7 ....
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Using MediaCreationTool 1909 x64, I have been unable to successfully upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate computer to Windows 10. It goes through the process, acts like it going to reboot and then says "Windows upgrade has failed." I thought my issue was with Microsoft update and...
  9. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Hello, I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1). During several attempts, I'm stuck with a different errors, now 0xc1900107. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you! 144077
  10. Upgrading from Widows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upgrading from Widows 7 to Windows 10: Hi there, and thank you in advance for any help you may give me :-)) I have just upgraded my home network from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything is fine except that I am being asked for my "Network Credentials" when I try to access data from one computer on another. I...