Windows 10: Unable to Boot From Windows 10 USB Drive — Gigabyte X79-UD5

Discus and support Unable to Boot From Windows 10 USB Drive — Gigabyte X79-UD5 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My system has got to the stage were I have to reinstall Windows 10. None of my data lives on the C: drive, so I have prepared a USB drive to install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Trevor Dennis, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Unable to Boot From Windows 10 USB Drive — Gigabyte X79-UD5

My system has got to the stage were I have to reinstall Windows 10. None of my data lives on the C: drive, so I have prepared a USB drive to install from, but am unable to get my Gigabyte X79-UD5 board to boot from USB.

USB Legacy support is enabled.

I am unable to us my Performance MX mouse inside the BIOS

:)

Trevor Dennis, Sep 10, 2017

2. Microphone audio is distorted when I listen to audio playback in Windows but fine in Realktek Audio Manager

I have the Gigabyte GA-X79-UD5 motherboard and I'm using the most recent drivers from the Gigabyte website R4.31 posted on 8/25/2015. I've already done the Troubleshooting within Windows and there was nothing that was reported. I tried all of its suggestions,
    turning off Sound FX, etc. with no change. I have uninstalled and installed this driver so many times; I've used the Windows drivers, the HD Audio Drivers installed as part of Nvidia graphics driver and Realtek. As I mentioned above, the microphone and it's
    playback works 100% fine within the Realtek Audio Manager, it's everything in Windows that is broken (Recording Devices > Recording > Realtek High Definition Audio Default Device, Mumble Voice Client, Curse
    Voice Client, etc.)

Marc_834GL, Sep 10, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update fails in the SECOND_BOOT

For me it turned out to be the Intel Management Engine Interface drivers. Disabled it and installed from USB media with network cable unplugged.

After successful install and installing Intel MEI drivers it would enter the infamous 20 minutes boot then BSOD loop again just like during upgrade.

Using a Gigabyte X79-UP4 rev 1.0 mobo on self assembled desktop PC with NVidia GTX 780TI GPU.

VladConstantinescu, Sep 10, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Unable to Boot From Windows 10 USB Drive — Gigabyte X79-UD5

Did you use media creation tool to prepare usb drive?

Dors mobo support UEFI?

cereberus, Sep 10, 2017
  5. Yes. I think the USB drive is OK. I just can't find an option to boot from USB in the BIOS.

Trevor Dennis, Sep 10, 2017
  6. OK, I think I have got it. I have a lot of drives (four SSD and five internal) so I disconnected everything except the C: drive with Windows on it. I think there might have been a limit as to how many drives the BIOS could display, because the USB drive appeared on the much shortened list. Windows is now installing from the USB drive.

I won't hit the solved button just yet just in case, but I think it is going OK.

Thanks

Trevor Dennis, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Boot From Windows 10 USB Drive — Gigabyte X79-UD5

1. Unable to Boot From Windows 10 USB Drive — Gigabyte X79-UD5 - Similar Threads - Unable Boot USB

2. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to boot from USB: Hello! I am attempting to help a friend with his Hp 15-dw0037wm notebook. In an attempt to try a clean install of Windows 10 I am unable to boot from the USB. It appears in the Boot Menu and when I select it I get and endless HP logo with spinning dots. I was however able to...
  3. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to boot from USB: Hello! I am attempting to help a friend with his Hp 15-dw0037wm notebook. In an attempt to try a clean install of Windows 10 I am unable to boot from the USB. It appears in the Boot Menu and when I select it I get and endless HP logo with spinning dots. I was however able to...
  4. Unable to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Cannot install Win10 on Samsung 960 M2 drive, on gigabyte z270x-ud5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot install Win10 on Samsung 960 M2 drive, on gigabyte z270x-ud5: I'm running ubuntu in a samsung 860 and I want to install windows 10 Pro in the M2 drive which is a Samsung 960. I built the USB with WoeUSB, which is a known tool for ubuntu, using the image i downloaded from the microsoft website. The process starts and when it comes to...
  6. 32GB in Gigabit X79-UD5 BIOS but only showing 24GB in Win 10 Pro.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    32GB in Gigabit X79-UD5 BIOS but only showing 24GB in Win 10 Pro.: So bought this screaming machine for school and get the thing cleaned up and all reinstalled nice like and try as I might, the BIOS reads all 32GB of G Skill Intl F3-19200C10-8GBZHD (x4) RAM, Windows 10 Pro only sees 24GB.... this is kinda of frustrating, so please read the...
  7. Unable to Boot From USB

Unable to Boot From USB: Yesterday I created a USB boot by copying Windows 10 1903 ISO to my usb and then used the media creator to create a boot/setup disk. In trying to boot to the USB via the boot menu, I get nothing but a black screen. I waited once for 10 mts. and tied again with the same...
  8. Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot from USB Flash Drive: I just tried to create a bootable USB stick for Macrium Reflect on my Dell AIO. The creation went smoothly as did the boot. When I took that stick to my Acer Laptop and tried to boot it I got a message saying, "Remove disk or other menu" followed by "Press any key to...
  9. Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive

Unable to boot computer from USB flash drive: hello I have a laptop with bitlocker installed and i do have the login keys for that ... i need to fresh install windows 10 on it and whenever i try to boot with bootable usb device , it doenst work .. the machine has windows 8.1 installed .. my query is whether bit locker...
  10. Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot to Windows not even from USB drive: Hi, the other day I was greeted with blue screen that "a required device is not connected" and the PC wont boot. I tried EasyBCD but it did not work and stuck on some ATA error loop. But after that I got a new blue screen and this time "The Boot Configuration Data file...