Windows 10: Unable to boot into OS/bootable usb/harddrive after failed installatio

Discus and support Unable to boot into OS/bootable usb/harddrive after failed installatio in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Greetings everyone, I have a dell inspiron 7000 and recently reinstalled windows 10 into my laptop after I received a system thread exception not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by winnerslapper, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Unable to boot into OS/bootable usb/harddrive after failed installatio

Greetings everyone, I have a dell inspiron 7000 and recently reinstalled windows 10 into my laptop after I received a system thread exception not handled error with a bootable usb. After painstakingly spending a whole day (10 hours) I succeeded in restoring my laptop with windows 10. Nevertheless, I accidentally restarted my laptop while the bootable usb is still in the usb drive and now my laptop does not even load/boot. The screen just freeze trying to load up the OS as in the spinning dots when the windows first loaded up, after 3 dots loaded, the whole screen freezes. in addition, when I try to load up windows repair, it'll load up an extra dot and freezes at 4 loading dots; I can't even load into the harddrive through BIOS. The good thing is that I can still access the BIOS and do diagnostic test and all the stuff from BIOS. Other than that, I'm unable to access my computer.

I really don't want to buy a new computer because this laptop is really precious to me and I don't want to waste money on getting a new one.

:)

winnerslapper, Jan 4, 2016
  2. KeiranK.A Win User

Windows 10 Spinning Dots Forever

I created a bootable USB drive but now even though I put its priority first in the bios it wont boot from it. And now its not booting from my normal harddrive... I think that the issue lies in the harddrive. I suppose it's time for an upgrade

KeiranK.A, Jan 4, 2016
  3. tdug Win User
    Upgrade to 10

I would recommend cloning your disk and making a bootable recovery media (usb key or DVD).

This way, you'd be able to boot with it and restore your former OS... if W10 failed to boot.

tdug, Jan 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Unable to boot into OS/bootable usb/harddrive after failed installatio

Hi winnerslapper and welcome to Tenforums.

One of our members has developed a custom W10PESE bootable rescue environment:

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk - Windows 10 Forums

It includes several programs, one of them being Macrium Reflect. In Macrium Reflect, there is an option to "fix boot". See if that helps get you back into your operating system. Please be sure Secure Boot is turned off in your BIOS, and make sure you download the correct bitness (32 or 64) for your system.

Hope that helps!

simrick, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Unable to boot into OS/bootable usb/harddrive after failed installatio

1. Unable to boot into OS/bootable usb/harddrive after failed installatio - Similar Threads - Unable boot bootable

2. Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...: Hello,I run Win 10 22H2 on my Dell E5440 Laptop. It has a 1TB SSD in it.I have tried many times to use the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB Flash Drive, but have not had a single success. When I try to boot from the many Flash Drives I have created, one of...
  3. Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...: Hello,I run Win 10 22H2 on my Dell E5440 Laptop. It has a 1TB SSD in it.I have tried many times to use the Win 10 Media Creation Tool to create a bootable USB Flash Drive, but have not had a single success. When I try to boot from the many Flash Drives I have created, one of...
  4. Win 10 22H2 "Bootable" USB Fails to Boot...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  6. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive: I started here:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/winpe-create-usb-bootable-drive?view=windows-10In Step 3.3 I took the option to go...
  7. Simple task create a bootable WinPE USB harddrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Create a bootable FreeBSD USB in Windows OS

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create a bootable FreeBSD USB in Windows OS: submitted by /u/Puzzleheaded_Bass_59 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mp8u7q/create_a_bootable_freebsd_usb_in_windows_os/
  9. Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB: I have 2 Toshiba laptops and I create back up images for them. I have created a Bootable Norton Ghost USB and on 1 of the laptops this works fine. However on my 2nd laptop - newer model - I cannot boot from the same USB stick so that I can either restore an image that I...
  10. WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinPE bootable USB: internal harddrive not recognized: For my full system backup I use Acronis TrueImage from a bootable USB stick. This week, we received a new laptop (Lenova YOGA 900S-12ISK Type 80ML) for my wife. First, I created a normal linux bootable stick to make a system image, but I get a "hard drive not...