Windows 10: Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

Discus and support Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem. I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Patrickasek, May 10, 2017.

1. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

Hello
    I am writing this here and hoping for the reasoning behind the problem.
    I recently bought z97-g43 motherboard as the old one broke and after buying it i got a replacement as every time when i was shutting down the pc with the button on the case the pc wouldnt turn on anymore. I found this as a problem when i did this for the first time and i wasnt sure what was going on. Doing it on the replacement motherboard second time i realised that this is the case. I just wanted to know why does this happen as sometimes im unable to restart the computer(no button on the case) or shut it down in windows 10 as this time when it happened my computer just like freezed or something. Is there a way to fix it on my own so i dont need to send it back again or there is no hope for it to work. Also, excuse me for not putting it in the right sub(i think) as on tapatalk i couldnt find the general support tab.
    Thank you for any help. Also it might be the win10 issue but i dont think so, as on the motherboard that i broke this wasnt happening and i could normally boot up. To add - everytime i switch the motherboard it fully works and works normally

:)

Patrickasek, May 10, 2017
  2. davukamal Win User

my phone is not starting

when my device show "ERROR: Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down." i press power button thenthen after it shut down and my Lumia 520 Does Not Power Up Even During Charging With Power Socket

davukamal, May 10, 2017
  3. imadigger Win User
    Trouble with booting into Windows 10 after November update

in safe mode, there was a windows update. The computer did not finish booting up. I had to use power button to shut off computer, and turn it back on, so it could finish updating. It onlhy happens after a windows update. If I shut down and restart,
    there is no problem. Computer boots up normally. If I shut down completly and then use powerbutton to seut down, and then use power button to turn back on, there is no problem. It is only after a windows update, that it doesn't finish booting.

I written this so many times. Doesn't any one understand the problem?

imadigger, May 10, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

Hi, it sounds awfully like you're running Windows, then powering down the PC rather than shutting it down properly as you should for a couple of very good reasons. I hope that's not the case.

Could you confirm you are not simply switching off your PC rather than shutting it down?

dalchina, May 10, 2017
  5. Wullail Win User
    My guess is he's doing the short press that shuts windows down before turning the PC off , same as my PC with the same Mobo.

Wullail, May 10, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    I hope that's so.

Try disabling Fast Start-up:

Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on [​IMG]

dalchina, May 10, 2017
  7. Well im unable to do anything right now as after shutting it down with a button it wont turn on anymore but all the leds are on. It was the first time i used the button as i couldnt do it from os(my pc froze).

8. dalchina New Member

Your only option will be to power off.

Then try disconnecting power, holding the power button in for a minute, release, connect power, try rebooting.

If that fails, see if you can at least get into the BIOS.

If not, presumably you've a hardware problem.

And suggest that if you can boot up, you use the shut down button on your screen.
    (I'm still not convinced you're not powering your PC down- when you use the physical button, how long do you press it for, and what's it configured to do?)

dalchina, May 10, 2017
  9. I will try that method when i come back home. I used the physical button once because i couldnt do anything in windows so thats why i was forced to do it. I pressed and hold it for 5 seconds so the pc would shut down.. I guess that I just broke another motherboard by pressing this stupid button.

10. dalchina New Member
    Shouldn't break a MBO - but it can mean some settings that would have been written to the registry are lost, and there's a possibility of hard disk damage.

Could you possibly have a PSU problem?

dalchina, May 10, 2017
  11. There is no problem with the Psu. It is actually the second time i got this problem but in a different scenario . First time when i was having the same motherboard i pressed the physical button while restartong because it wouldnt restart and then pc wouldnt turn on. I got a replacement and everything was working fine again after i switched the motherboard. It just seems like every time i press that button the motherboard breaks. I never use the physical button unless my pc freezes or something but as you can see i broke it anyway again. I think that i just need to stop using the button but what should i do then if my pc freezes again ?

12. dalchina New Member
    Hi, first, if your PC is freezing repeatedly, you do need to try to resolve that. Could be hardware, could be software. There will be no useful reports to check, alas. A process of elimination requiring e.g.

Boot disks and hardware tests
    Using Safe Mode and running checks
    Clean boot and eliminating software conflicts

Second, I would suggest when your PC is working normally, try using sleep/shutdown/hibernation using buttons on the screen.

Third, of course, when it does freeze, you have to power down. But then hopefully the disk(s) have spun down (are stationary). If the heads are parked, you should be safe.

dalchina, May 10, 2017
  13. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on

The method with the button didnt work. I guess ill need to wait for the refund and get a new motherboard if there are no other ways of fixing the issue. Thanks for any help by the way.

14. dalchina New Member
    You're welcome. But something's significantly wrong if your PC is blowing up MBO's.

dalchina, May 10, 2017
  15. Tonyb Win User
    I agree that sounds like a PSU issue something back feeding and shorting out your MOBO , a press of a button when your pc frozen will not cause that issue you are having, the worst it can do is seriously mess up a hard drive, a risk we all take when we do it if a pc freezes, we i bet have all had to do it one time or another. if i was you i would try another PSU on that MOBO, before you count it out. as i highly doubt its broken, sounds more like i said and other in this thread a dying PSU.

Tonyb, May 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Unable to boot up after shutting down the pc with the power button on - Similar Threads - Unable boot shutting

2. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  3. PC boots back up after shutting down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC boots back up after shutting down: I have windows 11 and every time i click power off, and shuts off, a second later it will boot back up and usually when this occurs I just turn the pc off by the power supply. How can i fix this issue? I have tried adjusting power plans and automatic startup and still does...
  4. Pc shuts down after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts down after boot: so every time i boot up my computer and sign in, i wait for two of my apps to open up automatically medal tv, and Nzxt cam. then i open another app/ game for example discord. once i open the desired app my cursor has a blue ring around it and i hear a noise through my...
  5. PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.: Hi, I'm having a rather unusual issue with my laptop, its a Lenovo Ideapad 3 and I've had this machine for less than a year. The issue occurred last week, I lifted the lid of the laptop and normally it will leave sleep mode immediately and turn on the display, however it...
  6. PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will only boot by pressing reset button and PC boots up immediately after shutting down.: Hi, I'm having a rather unusual issue with my laptop, its a Lenovo Ideapad 3 and I've had this machine for less than a year. The issue occurred last week, I lifted the lid of the laptop and normally it will leave sleep mode immediately and turn on the display, however it...
  7. Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 7050 SFF and ever since my I installed a Windows update, when I shutdown my computer the Power Button LED remains white, basically making it impossible for me to tell when it is on/off.I've had this computer for like two months and this has never...
  8. Power Button keep shutting down PC

Power Button keep shutting down PC: It is already set as Do nothing in the Power and sleep button settings, but whenever I accidentally or intentionally try to press the power button, the PC force close all windows and program and then turn to blue shutdown screen and shutdown. I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64...
  9. Power then Shut down Buttons

Power then Shut down Buttons: My choices were: " Power" then "Sleep Shut Down and Restrart." They are now: "Power",then Sleep Update and Shut Down and Update and Restart When I click on "Update and Shut Down", the machine goes back into Restart at once and then takes a long period of time after...
  10. Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc sometimes shuts down after clicking the power button: Hey so, about a month ago, I bought brand components for my PC build, and I noticed an issue witch is really bugging me, after clicking the power button my PC will shut down sometimes, but most of the times it wont, so I got to shut it down in the windows menu, and solutions...