Windows 10: Unable to Browse Internet

Discus and support Unable to Browse Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by slarbaugh, Feb 6, 2016.

1. slarbaugh Win User

Unable to Browse Internet

My husband & I try to remotely support his father's HP desktop. In the last month or so he can get email, TeamViewer for remote access works fine we can ping websites by name and IP but cannot browse to them by name or IP. We have done all the things recommended on MS site for Fix Network Connection (Fix network connection issues - Windows Help
    ) but nothing has worked so far.

We have reset router and cable modem, verified network drivers, flushed DNS, verified browser DNS settings. This computer is hardwired, other computer on wifi on same network works fine.

We are 5 hours away. We made a generic "recovery drive" on a flash drive and sent it to him but usb keyboard and mouse won't work for him to use that option. Tried ps2 mouse, won't work. We don't know where to go next. Keep in mind, my FIL is 88 years old so help from his end is negligible at best.

Initially ran Network troubleshooter few times with no errors found. Now it gives Missing Protocol, says it fixes it, but doesn't.

:)

slarbaugh, Feb 6, 2016

2. Unable to browse the Internet even when connected to Wi-Fi

i am unable to browse the internet even when connected to internet.

Shahediqbal, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Unable to Browse Internet

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  5. slarbaugh Win User
    hTconeM9user - Thanks but we've found that using TeamViewer works better for both ends involved. Windows Remote Access isn't the problem. Getting my FIL back to being able to browse is the problem.

I'm SO very glad I'm a Mac user these days.

slarbaugh, Feb 6, 2016
  6. Thank you for letting us know you have fixed it

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Please wait a bit longer.
    Someone else should come along and help solve your " Getting my FIL back to being able to browse is the problem."

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

Have you tried other browsers as a test? If he uses IE, try Firefox. If Firefox works, reset IE, see if that fixes it.

Ztruker, Feb 6, 2016
  9. slarbaugh Win User
    Yes, we have. Nothing works -- Edge, IE, Firefox, Chrome......

slarbaugh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Browse Internet - Similar Threads - Unable Browse Internet

2. Unable to browse certain websites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to browse certain websites: Hey,Recently recieved a new Dell laptop for work. I am having trouble accesing certain sites eg. youtube and office.com.I am able to ping these websites fine, but cant browse.Further to this microsoft services cant access the internet eg. outlook and microsoft updates.The...
  3. internet browsing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    internet browsing: Hi, I can't browse YouTube and some other cites after I installed win10, how I can solve this problem? I appreciate any help Thank you & best regards https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-browsing/e2abfbb5-876a-40cb-912c-496147436d93
  4. No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No internet, Secured but can still browse the internet: Hi, Having an issue where i'm able to surf the internet but the WIFI box is showing 'no internet, secured'. It's causing me to be unable to update windows. i've tried multiple fixes all listed in the below link but nothing has worked. can anyone shed any light on what's...
  5. unable to browse and use cortana

in Cortana
    unable to browse and use cortana: I face a problem with using Cortana and browsing on the internet. When I try to use the search options, the keyboard gets stuck and I can not type anything. I have Windows 10 Education installed, version KB4073543...
  6. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser: I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to windows, after that only edge was able to brows websites. edge works windows update works battle.net works chrome does not...
  7. Connected to internet but can’t browse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connected to internet but can’t browse: Hi there. We have just got a new wifi connection. Works fine on tablets and mobiles BUT when we use on Acer laptop with Windows 10. It connects successfully to our network and we can download BUT we cant browse. We have tried multiple browsers and web sites. Any ideas...
  8. Internet connects but can’t browse

Internet connects but can’t browse: i have recently changed from a TalkTalk router to a Sky router (I’m in the uk) and the problems started from there. However, my ipad/phone and tv connect successfully to the internet as well as my wife’s windows 7 laptop. My pc and work pc will not connect using any browser...
  9. Can't browse internet reliably

Can't browse internet reliably: I have a brand new Dell 3668 with Windows 10. About 50% of the time when I boot it up, internet browsing does not work (get a timeout message while trying to access web addresses) and also a message pops up on the Desktop stating "Could not connect to One Drive". However,...
  10. Internet browsing slow

Internet browsing slow: Since a recent Windows 10 update I am experiencing extremely slow internet browsing and have problems with such as internet banking, and errors popping up saying there is a problem with most sites I am viewing, even though I know there is no problem as when I connect to same...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 2016 unable to browse internet