Windows 10: Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803

Discus and support Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to 1803 this morning, both chrome and vivaldi stop being able to reach most websites quickly after signing in (the first one or two... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bakamoo, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Bakamoo Win User

Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803

Since I upgraded to 1803 this morning, both chrome and vivaldi stop being able to reach most websites quickly after signing in (the first one or two attempts work). Sites that do not use https seem to remain accessible, though at very slow speed. It also may be related to variable duration freezes of the entire system.
    I've tried searching for solutions on my own, but I've been having inceasing difficulties finding relevant solutions to issues I experience.

:)

Bakamoo, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Khanivore Win User

Which Browser do you Prefer?

I'm surprised Vivaldi isn't on the list, that browser is one of the most customizable and beautiful browsers out there. It runs fast and has all the extensions that Chrome uses. I love Vivaldi and thoroughly enjoy browsing Twitch on it.

Khanivore, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Mr. Low Win User
    Win 10: Google Chrome and Firefox browser unable to launch / crash in the midst of browsing

Hi,

Thank you for Win 10. It is free, fast and beautiful.

So far the MS Edge browser can work very well with this OS.

Other popular browser such as Google Chrome and Firefox have a lot of problems.

Just list it down for easy reference:

1. Google Chrome could not be launch. Upon clicking the button at the task bar, there is no response.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it back from a fresh download, the Win 10 crashed (blue Screen phenomena). I need to use system restore to get it back.

2. Firefox was working well initially, however the Java Plug in and flash player plug in frequently crash in the midst of browsing. subsequently the browser crashed. Today I could not launch this application.

There is no issue of these two browser under Win XP (Pro) Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1.

May I know how to fix this issue? Will I risk crashing my Win 10 OS again?

Thanks

Mr. Low, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Callender Win User

Vivaldi

I won't use chrome or opera chrome version. I'm still on opera presto!

For me install location is C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Vivaldi\Application\vivaldi.exe - don't know why. Perhaps that's where I put it.

You would only need to run the installer as admin - not the browser. I note that you seem to be having issues with a few browsers"

Haven't used it much. Used it on Windows 7 for a while. Only been using it on windows 10 for a couple of weeks.

Chrome extensions can be installed.

Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803 [​IMG]

It also has Window Panel which lets you:

• Drag tabs to change their order.
    • Group tabs by topic to save space.
    • Tile Tab Stacks to compare several web pages side by side.
    • Hibernate unused tabs or Tab Stacks for better performance.
    • Pin tabs to ensure they always stay open.
    • Mute sound in specific tabs.

Callender, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803 - Similar Threads - Unable browse Chrome

2. Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7: I had a Win 7 Dell Laptop . I wanted to upgrade it to Win 10. In the laptop, updated all the drivers & all the latest Windows Updates available to date. Downloaded Win 10 Media creation tool & selected "Upgrade this PC". After complete upgradation I was using it in Win 10...
  3. Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903: HI I have been trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 1903 from 1803. I have tried from the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and from the Media tool with no success.The process is complaining that one or more devices are not compatible or device drivers are not available and...
  4. Unable to upgrade from Win 10 Pro 1803 to 1903

Unable to upgrade from Win 10 Pro 1803 to 1903: Hi guys, Feel like I've tried everything here. Tried Windows Update. Doesn't work. [Fails to update during the reboot bit, and simply undoes changes] Tried Windows Update/Upgrade Assistant. [Gets to about 30% during the reboot bit, and simply gives black screen telling me...
  5. Unable to access websites on Chrome after 1803 Update on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access websites on Chrome after 1803 Update on Windows 10: And some other stuff.. I recently installed a fresh new Windows 10 on my PC and started with the update process. Right after installing the April 2018 windows update (AKA update 1803), some applications started acting very slow to non working. This includes the Google...
  6. Netbios WINS browsing doesn't work after hardware upgrade ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Netbios WINS browsing doesn't work after hardware upgrade ?: Well, this is a real head scratcher... While I know that you really should do a completely clean installation when upgrading your motherboard, I was going from a pretty recent Asus mobo and Intel CPU to a newer one so I thought I would see how it goes in case I could save...
  7. Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803

Win 10 Upgrade 1709 to 1803: I would just like to add my pennies worth regarding my frustration over the last twelve months or so trying to upgrade to what ever the latest win 10 Feature version is currently available. Firstly I must say I am now up and running with Win 10 1803, thanks to a community...
  8. Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to browse with Chrome/Vivaldi after upgrade to Win 10 1803: Since I upgraded to 1803 this morning, both chrome and vivaldi stop being able to reach most websites quickly after signing in (the first one or two attempts work). Sites that do not use https seem to remain accessible, though at very slow speed. It also may be related to...
  9. Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Unable to adjust screen brightness after 1803 upgrade: I have an old Lenovo T510 laptop running Windows 10 Pro. Yes, I know, it doesn't officially support Windows 10. But I've been running Window 10 Pro on it happily and reliably for quite some time.... Until just now when I upgraded to version 1803. Right after the upgrade I...
  10. Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 upgrade, browsing issues, all browsers.: Hi all, I have just upgraded my PC to win 10 from Win 7 Ultimate. I had thought it had gone surprisingly well! However, I have found an odd problem. I was trying to use tumblr. However, Chrome, and Firefox cannot render the login screen correctly. The text entry box...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome browser black after 1903 upgrade

2. chrome windows 10 unable to browse

3. unable to browse in chrome