Windows 10: Unable to calibrate brightness

Discus and support Unable to calibrate brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every time I go to the display colour calibration, I come across a problem when I want to change the brightness. I pass the Gamma section, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Xony, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Xony Win User

Unable to calibrate brightness

Every time I go to the display colour calibration, I come across a problem when I want to change the brightness. I pass the Gamma section, but when I come to the brightness and contrast part, I cannot adjust them. Under the picture it says that I should use controls on the display, but there are none. I tried using the mouse scroll and the up and down arrows, but nothing seems to work.
    Unable to calibrate brightness [​IMG]

:)

2. Can't adjust brightness after updating from windows 8.1 to windows 10

Hi Karl,

Type "brightness' in the search box and click on the option "Adjust screen brightness' which will take you to a wizard with which you can calibrate your system brightness and other display properties.

Bennet Martin, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Windows 10

Hi Stew,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to run the Calibrate display wizard
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• In search type brightness.
    • Click on adjust screen brightness.
    • Click on calibrate display color.
    • Run the calibrate display wizard.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Aug 14, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

There's your answer there, you have to use any brightness controls on then monitor itself. If you are using an LCD Monitor, you should have some kind of controls you can get to. Look over on the right side under the screen, usually there are three buttons under the screen.

If you don't have those, it's a good bet your Monitor has automatic brightness, a lot of new monitors have that, the brightness adjusts according to room lighting, time of day, etc.

If you want your display to be less harsh at night, I suggest using F.Lux

XweAponX, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to calibrate brightness - Similar Threads - Unable calibrate brightness

2. Unable to adjust the brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to adjust the brightness: I am using ASUS VivoBook 14/15. I ever adjust the screen brightness by pressing F4 or F5 bottons. But now I could not do it anymore. Are there other ways to adjust the brightness? How can I adjust by pressing F4 or F5 bottons again?Note: I have checked that the display driver...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  5. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How adjust the calibration brightness and contrast on laptop display?

How adjust the calibration brightness and contrast on laptop display?: Hi, Anyone would know where are the controls to adjust the brightness and contrast for laptop displays in color calibration? The instructions say to use controls on monitor but my laptop display doesn't have buttons for that. Any idea?...
  7. Unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change brightness: I am unable to change my brightness through the battery icon in the taskbar. Instead I have to go into settings and adjust it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness/29770dc0-bdef-4a59-aa78-5f6e01dd12b2
  8. Brightness calibration problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness calibration problem: I want my brightness of my laptop to be higher, but when i followed the advice on your website to calibrate display colour, there were no controls for the brightness one just for gamma and colours!...
  9. Unable to adjust brightness!!!!

Unable to adjust brightness!!!!: Its been two days since I adjusted my laptop's Brightness. Tried restarting it a many times still not able to adjust the brightness. Help it got stuck on the lowest level....
  10. Changing screen brightness on desktop without the calibration hustle ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing screen brightness on desktop without the calibration hustle ?: Hello, Is there a way to change (decrease) the desktop screen brightness without going through the "Color calibrate" settings ? Am looking for something similar to f.lux but without the orange filter, there is one called Turn off the lights, but it's very expensive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. brightness setting x photo windows 10