Windows 10: unable to cast from android phone to windows 10

Discus and support unable to cast from android phone to windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to cast from my android phone to my windows 10 pc. I've found a number of articles that say that the windows "anniversary" update installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ErickTreetops, Oct 10, 2016.

1. unable to cast from android phone to windows 10

I'm trying to cast from my android phone to my windows 10 pc.
    I've found a number of articles that say that the windows "anniversary" update installed an app called "connect" which will do this.
    Now my last update was 1 Oct 2016. When i ran the Anniversary updated it did nothing. So i guess it's because all my updates are later.
    However, i do not have the connect app.
    How can I ;
    a) either install the aniversay update
    or
    b) get the Connect app
    or
    c) cast my android another way that doesn't involve 3rd party add ons etc etc.

thanks

:)

ErickTreetops, Oct 10, 2016

2. Connect app not working in Windows 10 laptop

Problem: I am trying to cast my Android screen to Windows 10 laptop

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop with Windows 10 OS. Whenever I search and click the 'Connect' app from Cortana, the window flicks for a fraction of a second and closes immediately.

When I try to open the Connect app from a non-Admin user, the Connect app opens but it doesn't recognize any incoming 'Cast' request. Even the Android mobile/ tablet is unable to get the laptop's name in the list of Cast devices.

Please help me.

VidyarthiMallam, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Problem with casting Android screen to Windows 10 pc

Unable to cast Android display on Windows 10 laptop as projecting to this pc show "we are still determining the feature capabilities​" and every option is greyed out

umar.hamid, Oct 10, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

unable to cast from android phone to windows 10

That is because Google does not want you to share from their OS to Microsoft and the same for the other. Google Cast is made to cast to devices like the NVidia Shield TV, Roku, Chrome Stick, Amazon Fire, etc..

Windows is meant to Cast to the same streaming devices as long as you are using Google Chrome.

bro67, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Thanks . But it seems the Windows app i'm after is design to do just that. I just can't find how to get it.

ErickTreetops, Oct 11, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    The Windows app was never that great to begin with. It was always really slow. A lot of stuff that was in the store when 8 came out, has been removed since it is not compatible and the licensing was not in place for those who wrote it.

If you want to pull up the mobile device on the computer, use a VPN program or Teamviewer.

bro67, Oct 11, 2016
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

You could see if Miracast works -- this is essentially for ANDROID

How To Use Miracast With an Android Device

Windows itself will still cast to some devices but it's not really fit for purpose. If you want to get stuff FROM a phone TO a computer then you'll probably need some sort of dongle.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

unable to cast from android phone to windows 10

1. unable to cast from android phone to windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable cast android

2. How can I cast from my Android phone to my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I cast from my Android phone to my PC?: I want to cast from my Android phone to my PC as if it were a TV. I have some apps that have videos, and in those apps, there's a little cast button, when I click on it, my TV shows on the list and I can select it and the app will send the video to my TV. So, I want to...
  3. I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV: I have a Hyundai android smart TV, it supports miracast, built in chromecast. I can cast easily from Google Chrome anything, basically without any troubles. However. I am unable to use the windows cast function. It is not showing up if I press win+K. It does show up in the...
  4. I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV: I have a Hyundai android smart TV, it supports miracast, built in chromecast. I can cast easily from Google Chrome anything, basically without any troubles. However. I am unable to use the windows cast function. It is not showing up if I press win+K. It does show up in the...
  5. I am unable to cast to a Hyundai android smart TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer

Unable to access Android phone from Windows 10 File Transfer: When I connect my Xiaomi Poco F1 phone to my computer running Windows 10 Pro N and select "File Transfer" in my phone, I am expecting my phone storage to be accessible from computer, but it is not opening anything. >> In Device manager, my phone is listed as "POCO F1"...
  7. Phone blocked in PC from screen-casting

Phone blocked in PC from screen-casting: Hello, I wanted to screencast my phone display on to my laptop Windows 10. I tried this : Windows+I > Settings > System > Projecting to this PC > Everywhere + Everytime + No Pin. Unfortunately I clicked on 'always block' instead of 'always allow' option when the notification...
  8. Casting Android Screen to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Casting Android Screen to Windows 10: <p>Dear Microsoft-Community,</p><p></p><p>I have a problem connecting my Moto G4 Plus Android 8.1.0 to my Windows 10 up-to-date, BT and network adapter drivers as well machine via the cast app.<br /><br />I have changed the "Projecting to this PC settings" according to online...
  9. Windows 10 unable to detect my Android phone

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 unable to detect my Android phone: I don't see my Samsung android phone detected in file explorer. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-unable-to-detect-my-android-phone/ad6a0e9f-9091-4bbd-8777-1fa2db04b255"
  10. Windows 10 on Android Phones?

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 on Android Phones?: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...th-special-rom Microsoft is developing a Windows 10 ROM that can be flashed onto Android devices to easily convert them to Windows Phones. As part of its announcements surrounding the upcoming launch of Windows 10, Microsoft also...