Windows 10: Unable to change audio input on Camera app

Discus and support Unable to change audio input on Camera app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recently got a new computer running Windows 10 and was hoping to record gameplay. I plan on using fraps to record the game (and its sound),... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nozzergirl, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Unable to change audio input on Camera app

Hi,

I recently got a new computer running Windows 10 and was hoping to record gameplay. I plan on using fraps to record the game (and its sound), and use the Windows Camera app (which comes preinstalled) for a facecam and my voice. My webcam has bad audio so I was wanting to use the video that my webcam captured, but use my headset to record my voice. I know you could change the audio input on the Windows 8 version of the app, but I cannot find this option in the Windows 10 one. My headset is already set as the default recording device in my computer's settings but the camera app still does not pick this up, and picks up the audio from the webcam itself instead.

Does anyone know a way to do this in the Windows 10 Camera App? If not, can anyone recommend some different software where I am able to have the video from my webcam but change the audio so that it's from the headset?

Thank you,

:)

Nozzergirl, Nov 1, 2015
  2. TonyLoyd Win User

How do I change the audio input for camera?

I want to record a video on my laptop (Windows 10). I bring up the camera and record. No problems. However, I have a USB audio input for my microphone. The camera wants to use the microphone built into the laptop. The USB microphone is the default microphone
    for the system. I can't figure out how to change the audio input for the camera when recording video. Any ideas?

TonyLoyd, Nov 1, 2015
  3. How can I use different devices for an application?

Yeah. It records with the Logitech camera. That's not a worry. But I don't know how to change my audio input for the video. So I can prevent syncing up. Normally, what I do is record the audio on Vegas pro

MidhannAhuja, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Hatchers Win User

Unable to change audio input on Camera app

Hi
    Ive got issues with my Camera app and Audio in also, did you get to the bottom of it after all this time?

Hatchers, May 25, 2016
Thema:

Unable to change audio input on Camera app

1. Unable to change audio input on Camera app - Similar Threads - Unable change audio

2. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  3. Microphone Input Changes Audio Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Input Changes Audio Output: Whenever a program expects/is checking for a microphone input, and there is a microphone in connected to my PC, the audio output is filtered somewhat, I don't exactly know what type of filter, but it definitely isn't normal. Videos with phone audio attached[VIDEO 1: NORMAL...
  4. Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Audio and input devices changing rapidly: Hello, for starters this issue will only be fixed after a restart and seemingly starts up after I try and alter what my default communication or recording device is. It will then "seek out" for a lack of better terms, a device to set a default leading to my computer's audio...
  5. Audio Input Not Being Detected by Apps

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Input Not Being Detected by Apps: Hi, I've recently been having a lot of trouble with my audio input for all apps that I have which I use for communications. The exact nature of how the issue occurs is really strange to me. When I first open the app or begin using an audio input, it will receive the input to...
  6. Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10

Change The Default Camera Input - Windows 10: Hello, As far as I understand there is no option to select your camera input just like selecting recording device input. People suggest that to disable the unused cameras on "Device Manager" but this is not an elegant way to do it. So please add Default Camera Input...
  7. No audio input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No audio input: Hey, Quite of a tricky problem here : A month days ago I was on discord with a friend and everything was fine until my sound input died on the computer. I wasnt doing anything special at this moment, no update, no thunder on the house... Just me talking on Discord....
  8. Input audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input audio: could someone tell me why it doesn't let me change the bit rate please[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/input-audio/5bd28174-93cd-4b4a-abfa-204bdf2252fc
  9. Audio Input

Audio Input: So I been having this problem with my audio but only when people hear me on the other end it sounds like a vacuum in the background and my laptop has a built in audio with the webcam but even when I use a headset it doesn't solve the problem. I think it is picking up the...
  10. Changes in the Windows Camera app

in Windows 10 News
    Changes in the Windows Camera app: Some of our insiders may have noticed changes in the Windows Camera app. What is in these changes for you, the happy Windows user? You will get a more personalized behavior, like remembering the last camera and scene used. Handling two cameras simultaneously and more...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc camera app audio input