Windows 10: Unable to change Default Apps by File Type

Discus and support Unable to change Default Apps by File Type in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here's one I open regularly that had been working perfectly until this problem began. https://www.nifc.gov/nicc/sitreprt.pdf Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MSRadell, Nov 17, 2017.

1. MSRadell Win User

Unable to change Default Apps by File Type

MSRadell, Nov 25, 2017
  2. Edwin New Member

K, I think I figured it out...

... in Internet Options/Advanced/Security, uncheck 'Enable Enhanced Protected Mode', click Apply and OK, restart PC.

...Or

Disable the Plug-in, open the link, checkmark 'Do not show me the warning for this programs again' and click 'Allow'

Unable to change Default Apps by File Type [​IMG]

Should open in Adobe Reader immediately:

Unable to change Default Apps by File Type [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 25, 2017
  3. MSRadell Win User
    Nope, I have it unchecked and have the problem so I went ahead and checked the box still had the problem then unchecked it (not only closing and reopening Internet Explorer but also rebooting between each evolution) and the problem still persists.

I have the plug-in disabled and I never get the Internet security pop-up that you showed.

MSRadell, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change Default Apps by File Type

1. Unable to change Default Apps by File Type - Similar Threads - Unable change Default

2. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Change Default Program for File Type: Hi, I'm having trouble changing the default program associated with a specific file type on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to change it via the "Open with" option or through the Control Panel, the changes don't take effect. The file type remains associated with the...
  3. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Change Default Program for File Type: Hi, I'm having trouble changing the default program associated with a specific file type on my Windows 10 computer. Whenever I try to change it via the "Open with" option or through the Control Panel, the changes don't take effect. The file type remains associated with the...
  4. Unable to Change Default Program for File Type

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types - [img] , I still can't choose it from the windows...
  6. How to change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change default app for file type: I'm trying to change app that handles .jpg file types on my system from default "photos" to Windows Media player(just because I like better it looks:)) and despite fact that WMP is installed and handles other file types, I still can't choose it from the windows default app...
  7. Change default app for file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change default app for file type: I want an .sb3 file to download to Google Chrome but it's downloading to Opera. When I try to change the default app for that file the only option is Opera. Any ideas what to do?...
  8. Unable to change default app by file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change default app by file type: I use a genealogical program with file extension of GED, but MS refuses to let me use Roots Magic as the default app to open the GED files. I have done all methods shown here, and the Windows somehow associates GED files with Photoshop which won't open them as it is the...
  9. change the default app to open a file type

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the default app to open a file type: How do I change the default app to open a .wpd document file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-default-app-to-open-a-file-type/6cb7b0b6-d967-4f4b-9d18-8ad6651abac0
  10. Unable to change the default app by file type for .PY file.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change the default app by file type for .PY file.: I am unable to change the default app by file type for .PY file. My windows version is 1803 and os build is 17134.376 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-the-default-app-by-file-type-for/8e1f3c97-e5f5-405a-8016-d7d43313a6ea