Windows 10: Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I enabled RSS feed on internet explorer and eversince i'm unable my desktop background has changed to a solid colour. i am able to change to the solid... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamHalm, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10

I enabled RSS feed on internet explorer and eversince i'm unable my desktop background has changed to a solid colour. i am able to change to the solid colours but the images dont work both my personal images from my files and the windows default desktop images. My search led me to check type in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\ in the search button at the start menu.

However when I do this, I only see the file called 'CachedFiles' and when I open it, I only see a grey jpeg image file named

"CachedImage_19

20_1080_POSO.

Can I get help to resolve this?

WEH

:)

WilliamHalm, Jul 12, 2018

2. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17144/windows-10-change-desktop-background

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10

Unable to change desktop background on Windows 10

Hi Conrad,

As per the description I understand that you are facing issues with changing the background.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps:

• From Desktop, right click and select Personalize.
    • In Personalization window, click on Themes
      in the left pane.
    • Click on Theme settings, select the Default themes you need and close the windows.
    • Click on Background in the Personalization
      windows.
    • Select Background to Slideshow and expand
      Change picture every
      to choose the appropriate time.
    • Close the Personalization window.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10

1. Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable change desktop

2. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  3. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop: I recently activated OneDrive on my Laptop and I only mentioned it as the only known change. I am using an Acer Laptop with Win10 and this is something I have managed many times in the past. I am trying to change the Desktop Image using the Personalize option. But this time...
  4. Problem Changing Image Background used on Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.

Unable to change Black solid color desktop background image.: After mistakenly installing and then removing an OEM manufacturers program on my Win 10 notebook, my desktop background image is now solid black. On the Personalisation screen, Background tab, this message "*Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your...
  6. Background image changes to image not on my PC

Background image changes to image not on my PC: My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did for a event space. It's clear that it's sync thing happening but none of the several PCs at that venue are related to my MS...
  7. DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE

DESKTOP BACKGROUND IMAGE: Can someone please tell me how to change the background image on my desktop - it USED to be on the page where you set your screen saver - but obviously someone wanted to hide it from us old people . -= How do I now find where I can change it - it has picked an image from...
  8. Desktop Background Image

Desktop Background Image: I want to share my current desktop background image. How may I copy and send that image file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-background-image/3fd31b9c-54e6-41c3-a3e9-add795e419f2
  9. Change my desktop background on my Windows 10

Change my desktop background on my Windows 10: How can I change my desktop background on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-my-desktop-background-on-my-windows-10/6ccce3f5-1ea2-400e-9410-01e7f862810a
  10. Unable to Change Desktop Background

Unable to Change Desktop Background: Hey There, I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 which seemed to go well, but for some reason I am unable to change my desktop background, though the normal Personalization options. I can, however, go to the "Solid" option and change it to a different color. Also,...