Windows 10: Unable to change gamertag in Minecraft for Windows 10 Beta

Discus and support Unable to change gamertag in Minecraft for Windows 10 Beta in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I followed the instruction and successfully changed my gamertag in the Xbox site, but when I start Minecraft for Windows 10, the old, pre-assigned... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by satchmo, Aug 10, 2015.

1. satchmo Win User

Unable to change gamertag in Minecraft for Windows 10 Beta

I followed the instruction and successfully changed my gamertag in the Xbox site, but when I start Minecraft for Windows 10, the old, pre-assigned gamertag remains.

I restarted Minecraft several times, and even restarted Windows 10. I logged out of the Xbox account and logged back in. Nothing updated the change in the game.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with Minecraft? Any know solution? I searched all over the internet, and no one else seems to be stuck like me.

:)

satchmo, Aug 10, 2015
  2. JonDavis1 Win User

Can I cancel gamertag name change?

Hi! I changed my gamertag name and didn't realize I wouldn't be able to access stuff like Minecraft that was under my old name. Is there a way to cancel the gamertag name change?

** Moved from: Microsoft Edge / All other issues / Windows 10 **

JonDavis1, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Can't Change Xbox Gamertag Once For Free?

I'm having trouble with changing my gamertag; the problem started when I made a suggestion on the Minecraft Windows 10 BETA site and realised that it was using my "old" username, despite the only name I've ever associated Minecraft with is my new one, I
    asked support if they could change it and they directed me to the Xbox gametag page telling me it can be changed once for free, this was strengthened as it said the same thing on the page; after accidentally updating my security info thinking I was doing something
    else and having to wait a month, I was finally able to change my gamertag.

Now I tried changing it and it's asking me for my credit card details saying it'll be charged immediately with no refunds, but I've never changed my username before, this should be the first "free" time.

Any ideas?

(Changing it via PC as I don't have a console anymore)

SwissxPiplup, Aug 10, 2015
  4. satchmo Win User

After trying everything that I could think of, the gamertag magically changed on its own thirty minutes later.

It turned out that all I needed to do is to be patient and allow the database to update itself.

satchmo, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Unable to change gamertag in Minecraft for Windows 10 Beta - Similar Threads - Unable change gamertag

2. Unable to leave Minecraft Beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to leave Minecraft Beta: Cant leave Minecraft beta. I've unenrolled, I've reinstalled, I've gone through command prompt and done what's necessary. Still have the beta. I'm on pc, Could someone please help me, I'm new to Minecraft and have fallen in love with the game. How do I leave the beta? Every...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 stuck in beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 stuck in beta: I have just bought Minecraft Windows 10 for my pc a few days ago and it's been stuck in beta since I got it. I've followed the troubleshooting methods that were provided by the insider app, many methods through videos online, forums and even have contacted microsoft support...
  4. Unable to Install Minecraft RTX Beta with 3090

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Install Minecraft RTX Beta with 3090: I have tried multiple times to download and install the RTX Beta for Windows 10 Minecraft. I've tried enrolling with the Xbox Insider Hub, the XIH Beta, and nothing seems to work. I've tried installing and waiting for the system to update, for days at a time. I've tried...
  5. Minecraft Windows 10 Beta PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 Beta PC: So As the title says, I have a problem with the Minecraft windows 10 Beta,, on PC. For some reason, even when signed out of my Microsoft Account, my Minecraft is still in Beta. Anyone else have this problem and can help me?...
  6. No way to change Gamertags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No way to change Gamertags: Hi, First time for me here. I don't have Xbox, but with my Windows10 I see that I have an account linked to my microsoft account. This account seems to have a random name I've never setted anything for that. I try to change this gamertag but nothing work I still have the...
  7. Minecraft Windows 10 Beta

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Minecraft Windows 10 Beta: A couple of years ago, I claimed my free copy of Minecraft Windows 10 Beta since I owned the Java edition. But about a week ago, I factory reset my computer to get rid of years junk in my downloaded folder and deleted Minecraft Windows 10 edition. I went to download it again,...
  8. Minecraft Beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Beta: When I download Minecraft from the Microsoft store it downloads the beta version of Minecraft.I was never in the beta programme but in hopes of resolving this issue I joined and left it.This did not help so I tried troubleshooting through setings and typing Get-AppxPackage...
  9. Minecraft Windows 10 non-beta v1.11.4 mysteriously changed to Minecraft Windows 10 Beta...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft Windows 10 non-beta v1.11.4 mysteriously changed to Minecraft Windows 10 Beta...: On PC1 Account, I had Minecraft Windows 10 non-beta v1.11.4, purchased on 02/2019 for $26.99. But the non-beta version mysteriously changed to Minecraft Windows 10 Beta v1.12.0.6 on the PC1 Account. The PC1 Account is the only account on the PC with Minecraft. On the PC1...
  10. Minecraft windows 10 edition beta

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft windows 10 edition beta: Just got the minecraft windows 10 edition beta but cant redeem the key at the store for some resaon. hope they fixsit 9165

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows minecraft wont show new gamertag

2. change gamertag minecraft PC after Xbox acount

3. minecraft earth change gamer tag

4. change gamertag xbox pc beta,
  5. cannot change gamertag on windows 10,
  6. gamertag minecraft windows10,
  7. unable to change gamertag minecraft for windows,
  8. cant change gamertag on minecraft windows 10,
  9. minecraft win 10 change gamertag