Windows 10: Unable to change name on login screen

Discus and support Unable to change name on login screen in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop. I also... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mkcar, Feb 19, 2017.

1. mkcar Win User

Unable to change name on login screen

On the Windows 10 Pro login screen it shows my email address, I want it to ''show my first name only'' as this is how it is on my laptop.

I also went to sign in option within windows to turn of the privacy settings so it won't show my email address but it still shows up on the login screen.

I have gone to manage my Microsoft account online to try and edit my name, but when I got there my full name was already there.

How can that show my full name in the online account as my username and only chow my email address on the login screen?

And to top it off, I deactivated my password and reactivated it a few hours later whilst I was trying to figure out this annoying issue, now it won't ask for me to sign in at start up, it just goes straight on to my desktop.

I gotta laugh, don't get me wrong I really like Windows 10 but it's beginning to remind me of vista dare I say it, with its issues.

Any ideas? Unable to change name on login screen :)

:)

mkcar, Feb 19, 2017

2. Change username in Windows 10

how to change the name of that login screen?

Neha Rathi, Feb 19, 2017
  3. windows 10 home login

The login screen has no provision for changing the login name. Can't be deleted or overwritten. Not the name I entered when first starting the new PC.

DemetriosPapaioannou, Feb 19, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Feb 19, 2017
  5. mkcar Win User
    My bad! :-/ I was signed in somehow on my other windows account online. Realised I had to verify this current account of Windows pro.

Sorted. ;-)

mkcar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to change name on login screen - Similar Threads - Unable change name

2. change user/login name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change user/login name?: When installing W10 it asks for the name of the user, I wasn't sure how this was used and entered my full name :First Last".Now I see that it uses this for the full user ID, including the "c:/users/username" path.I want to change that, so that I have C:/users/lastName no...
  3. Name on login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name on login screen: I am having difficulty finding a way to change my name on the login screen for my desktop. I have tried the option through the control panel; however, when I click on the account I want to manage it is not giving me the option to change my name. Could someone help please?...
  4. Need to Change Login Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to Change Login Name: Pardon me if this has been dealt with, I have only seen the tutorial video about naming one's device prior to the initial installment of Win10. But as you see from the screenshot below, the name the machine displayed is not what is desired. When I ran thru the Open Box...
  5. Change account name on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account name on login screen: New to windows 10 and how the start up/set up on a new laptop. Now I have this really strange name on the lock screen page. Kinda looks like my email address, was wondering how I can change that. I have tried somethings that are on the web, but to no avail. Looking for...
  6. Login name needs to be Changed

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login name needs to be Changed: When I set up my new computer I did not have a Microsoft account. I want to change it from my husbands Hotmail account to my account so when I log in it says my name not his with his Hotmail account linked to everything. How do I go about doing this?...
  7. Windows 10 change name on login screen

Windows 10 change name on login screen: How do I change the name on the Windows 10 login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-change-name-on-login-screen/faab31e5-4502-4761-ab1f-c2adc79c57e4
  8. Login named changed to AdministratorP??

Login named changed to AdministratorP??: My username shoes normally at the windows 10 login screen but then when I go into cmd prompt it shows that it has changed to AdministratorP. All of my folders and directories are now located under this new entity. I have had this laptop for years without issue. Anyone have...
  9. Unable to change login screen image.

Unable to change login screen image.: Hi, im unable to change my lock screen image, though it shows the new image in preview it reverts back to my old image on restart/reboot ect. Any ideas on this im on the lastest update (windows 10 insider pro) Regards. 125758
  10. Unable to change login screen image.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to change login screen image.: Hi, im unable to change my login screen image, though it shows the new image in preview it reverts back to my old image on restart/reboot ect. Any ideas on this im on the lastest update (windows 10 insider pro) Regards. 125758