Windows 10: Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

Discus and support Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrostyTigerXP, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

So I'm not sure how long this has been happening but for some reason, I can't change the brightness on my laptop screen. I have linked a picture and as you can see, my brightness says 0% and that I can't change it, however my actual brightness is at 100%. I have looked around everywhere and the only responses I have found don't work for me. Here's a list of everything I have tried:
    - Reinstalling Display Drivers
    - Rolling Back Display Drivers
    - Reset Settings on UWT4
    - Power and Battery Settings
    (UWT4 or Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4 is a customizer for Windows 10 and I thought that might be the problem but it wasn't)

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this, it's greatly appreciated! Thanks! -

:)

FrostyTigerXP, Aug 14, 2016

2. About screen brightness on win10 os

I have a laptop of Acer E1-531...

After upgrading to windows 10, i'm unable to change my screen brightness. The screen brightness is still same all time & it is very annoying for me... Help me plzzz

RajaGuptaYF, Aug 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Brightness & Laptop Speaker

I have converted my OS from Win 8 to Win 10 and was functioning properly. But now, I am not able to control the brightness of Laptop screen. The Function Keys to adjust the brightness don't seem to work. The option to change brightness through the notification
    tab in Home screen has also disappeared.

Similarly my laptop speaker was also functioning properly in the beginning, but currently I am unable to use laptop speaker as its not working, but the 3.5 jack is functioning properly.

Thanks in Advance

Joepaul Kalathil John, Aug 14, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

Most laptops have a function key to change it thats hardware not software control

Samuria, Aug 14, 2016
  5. FrostyTigerXP, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop

1. Unable to Change Screen Brightness of Laptop - Similar Threads - Unable Change Screen

2. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  3. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to change brightness: i dont any slider to change my brightness, i've tried doing all the driver updates and whatnot and nothing has changed, its becoming really annoying at night when my screen is bright and i have to use something like night light which ruins the colours...
  4. unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%: Hi everyone, I work on a laptop Asus ROG i7-7gen, WIN 10 latest updates, NVIDIA 1050Ti latest updates and 2 external screens and somewhat randomly the laptop screen not the external monitors changes brightness to 100%. This happens more frequently when I start using VLC...
  6. Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%: Hi everyone, I work on a laptop Asus ROG i7-7gen, WIN 10 latest updates, NVIDIA 1050Ti latest updates and 2 external screens and somewhat randomly the laptop screen not the external monitors changes brightness to 100%. This happens more frequently when I start using VLC...
  7. Screen brightness on laptop changing to 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Unable to change brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to change brightness: I am unable to change my brightness through the battery icon in the taskbar. Instead I have to go into settings and adjust it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-change-brightness/29770dc0-bdef-4a59-aa78-5f6e01dd12b2
  9. Unable to change screen brightness

Unable to change screen brightness: I am completely unable to change my screen brightness, either through settings or the control panel. I have tried everything the internet suggested, including community solutions, but none of them work. it began after the most recent windows update, where the change...
  10. unable to change screen brightness with function keys

unable to change screen brightness with function keys: Dear community, I've got a new HP ProBook 430 G5 running Windows 10 Home. I am having difficulties with adjusting the brightness of the screen via the function keys. I can do it manually but I would prefer being able to use F3 and F4. The other Function Keys work when...