Windows 10: unable to change storage location for maps

Discus and support unable to change storage location for maps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like to use the maps app. However, this laptop lacks enough memory to store the offline map data on the SSD. Under settings – app – offline... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JohnL007-909, Aug 13, 2018.

1. unable to change storage location for maps

I would like to use the maps app. However, this laptop lacks enough memory to store the offline map data on the SSD. Under settings – app – offline maps there is a heading “Storage Location” for changing the location to store offline maps. Unfortunately, I have been unable to change the location from “This PC (Cunable to change storage location for maps :)” to anything.

:)

JohnL007-909, Aug 13, 2018

2. Windows 10 maps

To narrow down your concern, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB in saving your offline maps?
    • Were you able to update your drivers? We suggest that you check if your drivers are up to date by following the steps on this
      link.

For your reference, below are the steps to save Offline Maps to USB:

• Click on Start; then, Settings.
    • Select Maps; then, Storage Locations.
    • Click on the Change where you store offline maps drop down menu and choose the
      new location.

We will be waiting for your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Maps - cannot change storage location

Hi,

As per the description provided, I suggest that you check if you have any pending updates for your PC. If so disconnect all external devices other than mouse and keyboard install the updates, reboot the system and check.

If you do not have any updates, click on Settings >System > Offline Maps. Here under Storage location you can change the location as desired.

Note: Make sure that you insert the MicroSD card before this process and it should remain intact at all times. Also make sure that the drives is not locked.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 13, 2018
  4. unable to change storage location for maps

Change library location by cmd

The command you are asking for is currently unavailable. What we can suggest is that you propose your request in our

Feedback hub
    to make Windows better. Now, if you really want to change the save location of a file, kindly follow these steps:

• Type storage in the search bar.
    • Select Storage.

From there, you can select where your files will be saved in the future.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Dennis Mop, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

unable to change storage location for maps

1. unable to change storage location for maps - Similar Threads - unable change storage

2. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  3. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage location changed: Hi, my C drive was almost full so as suggested in one of the questions here I just changed my "where new content is saved" from C to D drive. Does it mean all my "user" data is now moved to D drive or everything I save from now on will be saved in the new loc.And also what...
  4. Storage location changed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing default storage locations

Changing default storage locations: Every time I download any new music, its stored automatically in the file explorer, C:. when I go to change that default location, it doesn't give ant other option to save anywhere else but drive C:. This is very frustrating as they are then not found in the media player to...
  6. Change maps download location to sd card

Change maps download location to sd card: Hello all. I have a Surface Go and have been trying to change the default download for offline maps to microsdxc. In settings/storage I am able change the default download location for music, documents, videos, apps from C: to D: (microsdxc). For offline maps when I click on...
  7. Change Defult Storage Location

Change Defult Storage Location: Hi there, I recently purchased a new computer where the hard drive is partitioned into a smaller C drive which is just a boot drive and larger D drive which is meant for everything else. I am having trouble because the C drive is the default drive for installation of new...
  8. Maps location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? [Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows settings] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_maps/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e
  9. Maps location

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maps location: My maps shows my location to be 900 mile away. Shows across all devices and apps. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/maps-location/91003ebc-c7c9-430a-a8a1-b9577872575e
  10. Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10: How to: Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 How to Change Storage Location of Offline Maps in Windows 10 Windows 10 comes with the Maps app preinstalled. Maps is your guide to everywhere. Find your way with voice navigation and turn-by-turn driving,...