Windows 10: Unable to change update restart options

Discus and support Unable to change update restart options in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Since the last update I can't change the restart options for the updates. I have Bitlocker enabled so the system restarts after the update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by madspec, Aug 30, 2016.

1. madspec Win User

Unable to change update restart options

Hi,

Since the last update I can't change the restart options for the updates. I have Bitlocker enabled so the system restarts after the update and stays at the Bitlocker screen, would be nice to restart the system when I get home.

Is there a way to get around this ? My multimedia server is installed on that machine and it keeps getting offline because of this...Not really helpful when I am out and about.

Thanks

:)

madspec, Aug 30, 2016
  2. DLewis15 Win User

change restart options

The 'Schedule a Time' toggle is greyed out

DLewis15, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    change restart options

Hi Kim,

Restarting PC after the update was installed lets the computer apply the changes made. Follow the steps below on how to change the restart option:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Under Update settings, click the Restart options
      link.
    • Under Schedule a time, turn the toggle On then pick a time on when you want to restart the PC.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Unable to change update restart options

1. Unable to change update restart options - Similar Threads - Unable change update

2. Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to find Restart option in doing away with Active hours: I want to cancel Active hours for window updates in my windows 10,but am unable to find the Restart option there.Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-find-restart-option-in-doing-away-with/38676e02-c37f-4307-b809-8e8587bb351c
  3. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  4. Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart

Windows UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN option actually update and restart: Hi, Title sums up tje situation very well. Using Windows 10 on a desktop. When an update becomes available, upon shutting down my PC I get the option to either: 1- UPDATE AND SHUTDOWN 2- UPDATE AND RESTART 3- Can’t remember what the third one is but I never saw a use to...
  5. Unable to change projection options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change projection options.: Usually, I leave my computer plugged into a monitor on my desk. However, I need to connect my computer to my TV. To do this, I turned my computer off, disconnected the VGA cable from my monitor and computer, and moved my computer over to my TV. Then, I plugged in an HDMI...
  6. Unable to restart laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to restart laptop: Norton Utilities installed for several months. Runs daily. Suggested repair disk. Ran disk repair. States unable to complete automatic repair. Suggested restart computer. Ran reboot but laptop will not restart. States "stop code" error. Stop code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED...
  7. unable to restart pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to restart pc: so im trying to restart my pc (acer aspire e5-575g-50gd) I have tried it 5 times always says the windows failed to reset any idea what I can do to fix this...
  8. Windows was unable to update undoing changes

Windows was unable to update undoing changes: Ok so I tried using my Nvidia experience to try and record my gameplay and im not sure if there was an update confliction, I went to my windows update screen and there are several updates that are not updating. When the updates finish and I restart the computer im greeted...
  9. No Advanced Restart Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Advanced Restart Options: I sometimes check to confirm the advanced start-up options appear on my laptop usually by hitting Restart + Shift or choosing Settings / Recovery / Advanced Start-up. I just checked now and the PC just restarts. SFC / SCANNOW runs OK and the Win RE configuration seems OK...
  10. Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to schedule restart after Windows Updates: Hello everybody, I encounter a weird issue concerning the way that Windows 10 handles the restart process after the installation of windows updates. Computer OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 and is joined in a domain with group policy assigned. In the user logon I have created a...