Windows 10: Unable to change update restart options

Discus and support Unable to change update restart options in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, Since the last update I can't change the restart options for the updates. I have Bitlocker enabled so the system restarts after the update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by madspec, Aug 30, 2016.

1. madspec Win User

Unable to change update restart options

Hi,

Since the last update I can't change the restart options for the updates. I have Bitlocker enabled so the system restarts after the update and stays at the Bitlocker screen, would be nice to restart the system when I get home.

Is there a way to get around this ? My multimedia server is installed on that machine and it keeps getting offline because of this...Not really helpful when I am out and about.

Thanks

:)

madspec, Aug 30, 2016
  2. DLewis15 Win User

change restart options

The 'Schedule a Time' toggle is greyed out

DLewis15, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    change restart options

Hi Kim,

Restarting PC after the update was installed lets the computer apply the changes made. Follow the steps below on how to change the restart option:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Click Windows Update.
    • Under Update settings, click the Restart options
      link.
    • Under Schedule a time, turn the toggle On then pick a time on when you want to restart the PC.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Anne Ros, Aug 30, 2016
Thema:

Unable to change update restart options

1. Unable to change update restart options - Similar Threads - Unable change update

2. Update not changing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update not changing after restart: I have multiple updates in my PC and after downloading for a long time then it will initiate installation however after restart no updates installed in my PC. I checked history and no successful updates. How long do I need to wait again then nothing happens. How bad this...
  3. Update not changing after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update not changing after restart: I have multiple updates in my PC and after downloading for a long time then it will initiate installation however after restart no updates installed in my PC. I checked history and no successful updates. How long do I need to wait again then nothing happens. How bad this...
  4. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to make changes to sign in option.: Recently after typed my password, a message popped saying that this organization requires me to change my password. Basically I have to change my password without wanting to and I cannot even use my own password. So I put in a new one and I then I want to change it back to...
  5. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to make changes to sign in option.: Recently after typed my password, a message popped saying that this organization requires me to change my password. Basically I have to change my password without wanting to and I cannot even use my own password. So I put in a new one and I then I want to change it back to...
  6. Unable to make changes to sign in option.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  8. Unable to change the Require sign-in option

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change the Require sign-in option: My Sign-in options in Settings/Accounts is as below:The Require sign-in dropdown is set to Every Time and I am unable to change it. How can I change it?I am using Windows 10 Pro. Is there a security policy somewhere overriding this?...
  9. Unable to use the option Change Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to use the option Change Product Key: II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first...
  10. Unable to change projection options.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to change projection options.: Usually, I leave my computer plugged into a monitor on my desk. However, I need to connect my computer to my TV. To do this, I turned my computer off, disconnected the VGA cable from my monitor and computer, and moved my computer over to my TV. Then, I plugged in an HDMI...