Windows 10: Unable to clean install, only upgrade

Discus and support Unable to clean install, only upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a feeling this is bios/uefi related Got a sabertooth z77 with two ssd on raid 0 (intel) another hard drive for backups (Regular sata) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ferjero989, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Unable to clean install, only upgrade

I have a feeling this is bios/uefi related
    Got a sabertooth z77 with two ssd on raid 0 (intel) another hard drive for backups (Regular sata) and another storage card (pciexpress sas highpoint 2720, with raid 5)
    Windows 10 doesnt seem to like this.
    Even booting the dvd itself its a drag and hr wont recognize the raid 0 not even with drivers (driver load will cause a watchdog blue screen)
    Windows 7 and 8 dont mind. At all.
    I feel like the csm thingy might have something to do.
    Bios is latest. Sas raid is for storage only. Ill search for the manual of the board as the printed one doesnt have the options i got on the screen

:)

ferjero989, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Brian O Win User

Win 10 Installation

Won't these instructions lead to a "Clean Install" instead of an upgrade install?

I got this error trying to upgrade from Win8.1 Pro. Did an install from DVD and now I'm stuck, unable to activate, and the instructions tell me to re-install Win8.1 and do an upgrade install instead of a clean install.

Brian O, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10.

If you are unable to upgrade then do a custom install of Windows 10, i.e., clean install by formatting your Local Disk: C.

Vishal Majumdar, Jan 31, 2016
  4. Unable to clean install, only upgrade

I had some advancements. I upgraded the bios from my sas card and configured it to disable "int 13 and ebd" something. I managed to install windows 8 and now im upgrading to win10. I hope that works
    I had an error which a quick google search recomended to disconnect the network cable

ferjero989, Jan 31, 2016
Thema:

Unable to clean install, only upgrade

1. Unable to clean install, only upgrade - Similar Threads - Unable clean install

2. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  3. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable To Clean Install: pretty sure my computer is remote access hacked and I cant clean install , I have most permissions except the important ones such as deleting specific system 32 folders and more , I tried to clean install and it just goes back to the same setup I have now , there is a ton of...
  4. Unable To Clean Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BSOD/Unable to clean install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD/Unable to clean install: Hi there, I bought a PC about 4 months ago, all has been working smoothly until about 4 days ago, I got a BSOD. Restarted the PC and went to boot it to repair it using the BIOS. On restoring the PC (wiping everything, didn't have many files that needed keeping) it froze on...
  6. Upgrade or Clean install?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade or Clean install?: Are there any problems after updating from Windows 7 like sysytem being slow or crashing? How much free space is needed on C drive? submitted by /u/countdooku1729 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e3aga4/upgrade_or_clean_install/
  7. Upgrade or clean install

Upgrade or clean install: Hello everyone. What's preferable, an upgrade or a clean install? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-or-clean-install/01e13cd7-40ce-47ce-bd1a-e92de4b77f7c
  8. Difference between clean install and upgrade (files only)?

Difference between clean install and upgrade (files only)?: Just a curiosity of mine - Is there a difference between a clean install and performing an upgrade while keeping only the files? In other words, is this sort of upgrade the same as a clean install, only with the files restored to 'documents', desktop, etc.? Or, does the new...
  9. Upgrade or Clean Install....?

Upgrade or Clean Install....?: Having read a number of articles on the subject of "Upgrade or Clean Install", I am still uncertain as to which option delivers the greatest benefits with the least disadvantages. Currently it seems that the decision is one of personal preference - but experience shows us...
  10. Upgrade or Clean install?

Upgrade or Clean install?: I installed Win10 (clean Install) then reinstalled Win7 (clean). I'm now going to reinstall Win10 again after getting answers to issues I had with it. So my question, is it easier to just upgrade to Win10 since my programs are already installed in Win7, rather than a clean...