Windows 10: Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition

Discus and support Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Windows 10 is installed on machine and I need to clone the entire disk with Clonezilla. However, it gives an error as This disk contains mismatched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by yildizabdullah, Nov 26, 2017.

1. Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition

Windows 10 is installed on machine and I need to clone the entire disk with Clonezilla.

However, it gives an error as This disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition.

It also says that I have to destroy the GPT partition table to be able to continue. How can I make sure that Windows 10 uses MBR partition table?

Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition [​IMG]

:)

yildizabdullah, Nov 26, 2017
  2. Ivy336289 Win User

Window 10 Home OEM , HDD to SSD transfer(Move)

1. you can try to plug out the old HDD, then set boot priority to the SSD and boot from it.

2. try a different disk cloning software and clone HDD to SSD again. for disk cloning software, i prefer AOMEI Backupper. it offers both free version and paid version.

3. check your boot mode in bios and see the partition style of your hard drive. in general, if your boot mode is legacy bios, you can only boot from MBR disk. if your boot mode is uefi, you can only boot from GPT disk. if that's your problem, you can

convert GPT to MBR
    , and vice versa.

Ivy336289, Nov 26, 2017
  3. I am unable to boot my computer. Please help.

<Original Title: Unable boot>

When i want to convertin my system partition from MBR style to GPT with "Minitool" app show to me this warning message "This disk Contains system partition and convertig this disk to GPT will cause your system to unableboot" .I do that anyway and now my
    system unable booting and show blank page so i cant setup windows.

help me to fix this problem please.thanks

Mohamad Mahdi Fakharnia, Nov 26, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition

That does not make sense a drive is either mbr or gpt. Clonezilla is old garbage. Try cloning with Macrium Reflect Free.

cereberus, Nov 26, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Post screenshots of disk management so we can see

Samuria, Nov 26, 2017
  6. Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition [​IMG]

yildizabdullah, Nov 27, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    well that is an mbr installation. I would ignore that error, backup the three partitions as an image using Macrium Reflect Free snd restore them to new drive.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition

1. Unable to clone disk: disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition - Similar Threads - Unable clone disk

2. Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt: Two days ago I was cleaning out my PC because it was in dire need of dusting and cleaning, as well as taking out 3 noisy fans and replacing them. After spending 11 hours on trying to get the fans to work, problem #2 was trying to get the monitor to display anything. So...
  3. Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt: Two days ago I was cleaning out my PC because it was in dire need of dusting and cleaning, as well as taking out 3 noisy fans and replacing them. After spending 11 hours on trying to get the fans to work, problem #2 was trying to get the monitor to display anything. So...
  4. Disk partition unknown, not initialized, can't mbr or gpt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Recovery Partition after clone, and MBR to GPT.: Hey fellas, Moving forward from this thread.....(just for reference.....Help with SSD boot drive change) Single boot drive MBR was cloned with Macrium to larger ssd and removed smaller ssd. Windows booted fine. MBR2GPT converted the new drive, but gave the...
  6. Change MBR partition to GPT, OS and MBR on separate disks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change MBR partition to GPT, OS and MBR on separate disks: I'm trying to convert my MBR partition (which is on an HDD) to a GPT-based boot record, but my OS install is on an SSD (i.e. a different drive than the MBR). I'm not exactly sure how this happened when I was installing Windows; I think the HDD was set as disk 0 while the SSD...
  7. How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk

How to convert an MBR disk into a GPT disk: why does windows 10 32 bit(x86) clean install as mbr when i pre-format the hard drive as gpt? is there a solution or is that the default and only option for installation? i've contacted asus who makes my motherboard to check for uefi details and everything i can think of...
  8. convert MBR to GPT disk

convert MBR to GPT disk: DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 0 Online 465 GB 0 B Disk 1 Online 7633 MB 0 B DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size...
  9. the selected disk has an MBR partition needs GPT

the selected disk has an MBR partition needs GPT: I upgraded my windows 7 pro to Windows 10 pro and decided to do a clean install. The install partition ( boot partition ) is on a HDD with three other partitions. I tried to install from the Windows 10 disk, created from the downloaded ISO image. but greeted with "windows...
  10. utility to convert MBR disk with Windows partitions to GPT?

utility to convert MBR disk with Windows partitions to GPT?: Does this utility exist? I've tried Minitool's free version, which claims to support MBR to GPT conversion, but I got a warning that the disk would not be bootable. I downloaded a trial of the paid Easeus partition manager and when I tried that conversion, I got an...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ocs mismatched gpt and mbr

2. mismatched gpt mbr windows 10

3. clonezilla win10 audit mode mismatched gpt mbr

4. clone zilla error windows 10 this disk contains mismatched GPT and MBR partition,
  5. clonezilla this disk contains mismatched gpt and mbr partition windows 7 windows 10 dual boot,
  6. clonezilla this disk contains mismatched gpt and mbr partition diskpart fix,
  7. clonezila fails windows 10 finding mismatched GPT and MBR partitions,
  8. clonezilla mbr gpt mismatch,
  9. clonezilla partition mismatch diskpart,
  10. completely clean disk if it has mixed mbr and gpt,
  11. clone zilla erreur partion mbr gpt,
  12. can i clone a mbr disk to a gpt disk,
  13. clonezilla says mbr and gpt is used but windows says all are mbr,
  14. Unable to clone disk,
  15. mismatched gpt and mbr partition