Windows 10: Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>

Discus and support Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+ in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There! Greetings!! Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by illaccc, Jun 15, 2016.

1. illaccc Win User

Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+

Hi There!

Greetings!!

Unable to configure hotkey combination Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<key>. When tried to set it, Key strokes Ctrl+Shift+Alt are detected but combination key is not accepting. Able to configure other hotkey combinations like CTRL+Alt+<key> or Ctrl+<key> or Alt+<key>

Laptop: HP elitebook 8440p
    Processor: Intel core i5
    Graphic: Intel

Appreciate any help in this matter

Thank you

:)

illaccc, Jun 15, 2016
  2. stas274 Win User

Old-looking ALT+TAB, global hotkeys, Win-key combinations don't work after updating to november 2015 build

Hello. I have some really annoying things after update.

1. Alt+Tab has an old WinXP-style with small icons, not windows 10 style.

2. Most hotkeys with Win-key don't work. For example, Win+TAB (Task View), Win+D (Show desktop), Win+S (Search) and others (probably any hotkeys with letters in it). But work normally: Win-key itself (Start menu), Win+RIGHT/LEFT/UP/DOWN (snap window). Win+TAB
    works like regular TAB in applications, Win+D like D and so on.

3. Global hotkeys in Windows desktop applications don't work. For example, I can't use any hotkey for keepass activation. Or any hotkeys in PotPlayer (it's a media player) with global flag on it. But hotkeys in Autohotkey works just fine.

EDIT: Strange behavior: if I register Ctrl+Shift+Alt+<Any letter> global hotkey, it trigger if I press just Ctrl+Shift+Alt (without letter).

stas274, Jun 15, 2016
  3. custom hot key for input methods on Windows 10 and 7

Hotkey
    Windos 10
    Hotkey
    Windows 7

Windows + Space
    Englsish
    Ctrl + <Caps Locks>
    Chinese Simpilfy ZhengMa

Ctrl + Windows + Space
    Chinese Traditional DaYi

Cap Locks
    US English lower case
    Shift + <Cap Locks>
    US English UPPER CASE

Shift + Cap Locks
    US English UPPER CASE
    <Caps Locks>
    US English lower case

Windows 10 ltsb

HUANPENGDU, Jun 15, 2016
Thema:

Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+

1. Unable to configure hotkeys with Ctrl+Shift+Alt+ - Similar Threads - Unable configure hotkeys

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  5. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  6. Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working

Ctrl Shift Win Alt keys not working: Hi, Just as the title suggests my shift, ctrl, win alt keys are not working. I have tried turning off sticky keys and other solutions online but the issue remains the same. This the second time it happened, the first time was resolved when I had a BIOS firmware update but now...
  7. There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.: So here im playing this game Roblox™ and they have this mouse feature they call "shiftlock" and its activated by the shift key, but the problem im having is that its being activated by the CTRL key and another thing that annoys me is that normally you click the key once to...
  8. There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.

There is a problem with my shift, alt, and ctrl keys.: So here im playing this game Roblox™ and they have this mouse feature they call "shiftlock" and its activated by the shift key, but the problem im having is that its being activated by the CTRL key and another thing that annoys me is that normally you click the key once to...
  9. Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.

Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop running Windows 11 all corresponding specs will be dropped after the message here. I have seem to run into an issue with my main functional keys not working correctly. My control, alt, and shift keys when pressed should trigger separately...
  10. Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl, Alt, and Shift Key not triggering separately.: I have an HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop running Windows 11 all corresponding specs will be dropped after the message here. I have seem to run into an issue with my main functional keys not working correctly. My control, alt, and shift keys when pressed should trigger separately...