Windows 10: Unable to connect any email client to outlook.com account

Discus and support Unable to connect any email client to outlook.com account in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; This morning none of my email clients will connect to my outlook.com account. This includes my iPhone and Outlook 2013 on the desktop (Windows 10).... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by IsaacFL, Nov 20, 2015.

1. IsaacFL Win User

Unable to connect any email client to outlook.com account

This morning none of my email clients will connect to my outlook.com account. This includes my iPhone and Outlook 2013 on the desktop (Windows 10).

The built in Mail app in Windows 10 will connect. When I go to the web version of Outlook, it says at the top of the page, "Outlook Mail (Preview)". It never said that before.

I have two outlook accounts, one for my business and one personal. The personal acct is acting normal, but the other is not.

Anyways, I can not get my email on the iPhone or Outlook 2013. It keeps asking for the password but doesn't like the password.

The password works fine using the Native Mail client or Web Page, so I know the password is correct.

:)

IsaacFL, Nov 20, 2015

2. cannot open or view attachment

Hi Mike,

To better assist you, are you accessing your email over Outlook.com or Outlook 2016?

Outlook.com is a web type of email. You can access it on a browser anywhere as long as their is internet connection. Email accounts ending in @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @msn.com are powered by Outlook.com.

Outlook 2016 is an email client that install to a computer where you can access one or more email account at the same time.

Did you sync your Hotmail account to Outlook 2016?

Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, Nov 20, 2015
  3. windows 10.outlook emails missing

Hi Laurence,

I would like to ask you:

• Are you using any email client like Outlook or Windows Live Mail?
    Outlook.com emails are accessed either by going online through a web browser or through an email client. They are all saved on the server. Hence, there is no connection between the emails and the operating system that you are using.

Any upgrades to Operating system or any change in version should not affect the emails in Outlook.com.

Please reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Sahil Bali, Nov 20, 2015
Thema:

Unable to connect any email client to outlook.com account

1. Unable to connect any email client to outlook.com account - Similar Threads - Unable connect email

2. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  3. Email Client like Outlook Express

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Client like Outlook Express: For those who loved the look and feel of the old Outlook Express, there is a program called OE Classic.To be clear, it is in no way affiliated with Microsoft.OE Classic 3.1 is the newest Freeware version. The payware is called OE Classic Pro.https://www.oeclassic.com/news_n82...
  4. Any email client program (preferrably free if any) that works like MS Outlook?

Any email client program (preferrably free if any) that works like MS Outlook?: Google basically said older MS Outlook users are not able to access the account after May 30. I am looking to find another email client program that works like Outlook without paying an on going subscription. I prefer that following features: Supports multiple email accounts...
  5. CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL: CLIENT ERROR ON MY OUTLOOK EMAIL CANT OPEN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/client-error-on-my-outlook-email/7ec41646-cfd3-4e9a-952e-6fd37a70be0e
  6. Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Emails not dropping down Outlook 2010 email client -: outlook 2010 has been working fine for years. Had to change AT&T password last night and now Outlook 2010 emails are not dropping down. I can get emails on my phone and at the ATT website but outlook won't configure? Am using POP3 and using Inbound.att.net and...
  7. Email. Outlook account

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Email. Outlook account: Hello I have just clicked on my mail icon and the mail opened as per usual then suddenly disappeared and I had to click again and the same thing is happening .It opens then goes back to my desktop screen. The mail will not stay open. Can anyone help...
  8. Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client: I am unable to add email account to windows 10 mail client. As soon as I launch the app it gives the error "Cant' create account, your company won't allow you to create that type of account. For more info, contact your company's support person"....
  9. outlook default email client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    outlook default email client: I get this error message when i try to install apple cloud error message ox8007706ba default client client not set in outlook, Although it is set. I have done a repair in outlook to no avail....
  10. Outlook App not finding any of my email accounts.

Outlook App not finding any of my email accounts.: Hiya, please help as the Outlook App downloaded from the Windows Store isn't finding any of my email accounts. I've tried sky.com accounts and my btconnect.com account, none can be found, plus they all work perfectly using the Outlook App on my Android phone!!! Please please...