Windows 10: Unable to connect to Cable Modem

Discus and support Unable to connect to Cable Modem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an issue with my Windows 10 PC not connecting to my cable modem by ethernet cable. I connect the PC to the modem and all I get is "unidentified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tzoromski135, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Unable to connect to Cable Modem

I have an issue with my Windows 10 PC not connecting to my cable modem by ethernet cable. I connect the PC to the modem and all I get is "unidentified network - no internet", yet my laptop connects to the modem by ethernet (I'm using it now) just fine. I've tried everything I can think of to get my PC to connect to the modem, but nothing has fixed the problem so far. I can connect my phone to the modem fine by wifi as well, so the modem isn't the issue - or is it? Yesterday I had no issues with connecting to the modem and internet until I had a "blue screen event" and when the computer rebooted, I had the yellow triangle ! ever since.

Please HELP!!

:)

tzoromski135, Aug 18, 2016

2. Dell 14 Windows 10 Wifi connection not useable

Is there a fix for Windows 10 downloaded to Dell 14 Inspiron? Unable to use WIFI, must connect to modem with ethernet cable.

RandyRakestraw, Aug 18, 2016
  3. Connect to internet via USB cable from cable modem using Windows 7

So, you have problems accessing the Internet from your WinMo phone when it's connected to the desktop?

MS MVP - Mobile Devices. Smartphone & Pocket PC Mag leader blogger & Awards Nomination Manager.

Menneisyys, Aug 18, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Unable to connect to Cable Modem

Make sure that you do not have a Static IP assigned to your Network adapter. Also make sure that you are using a good Ethernet cable, along with the Ethernet is not disabled in the OS or Bios.

bro67, Aug 18, 2016
Thema:

Unable to connect to Cable Modem

1. Unable to connect to Cable Modem - Similar Threads - Unable connect Cable

2. Ethernet cable loses connection to my modem a couple times a week.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet cable loses connection to my modem a couple times a week.: It loses connection when I start my pc after being shut down. It works fine once I restart my modem. This happen 1 - 3 times a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable-loses-connection-to-my-modem-a/fbc92421-dfdf-4534-be15-d6c9405c016f
  3. Ethernet cable loses connection to my modem a couple times a week.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet cable loses connection to my modem a couple times a week.: It loses connection when I start my pc after being shut down. It works fine once I restart my modem. This happen 1 - 3 times a week. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-cable-loses-connection-to-my-modem-a/fbc92421-dfdf-4534-be15-d6c9405c016f
  4. Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to wifi without a ethernet cable: Hi, I am currently using a lenovo ideapad 320s. Recently, after updating to windows 21H1, my wifi keeps disconnecting at random times. When this happens, the wifi options will disappear. This has been getting worst recently, and now my wifi does not work at all. The intel...
  5. My modem stopped giving internet connection ethernet via USB-cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My modem stopped giving internet connection ethernet via USB-cable: So I was trying to update my modems drivers but it failed for unknown reasons. After that I couldn't connect to wired connection, I have tried almost everything to get it to work, but nothing seems to be working. My event viewer has these Kernel-PnP IDs: 442, 430 and one...
  6. Could not connect to the modem

Could not connect to the modem: i want to ask, I just upgraded win 7 to win 10 the next day I replaced the old antivirus to Microsoft defense and after that I couldn't connect to the modem usually the service is written "Service: Not connected / connected" but after changing to "Service: Service is...
  7. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  8. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  9. Weird issue with cable modem, speed, and connection

Weird issue with cable modem, speed, and connection: I have an Arris cable modem from Spectrum. It has 4 ethernet out ports. For many months i've been running two ethernet cables out from it, 1 directly to my PC 3 feet away, and one to the router for the rest of the house. reason: if i go to the router, then out from that to my...
  10. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to haplite modem