Windows 10: Unable to connect to home router(DSL-2640B) after upgrading to Win10

Discus and support Unable to connect to home router(DSL-2640B) after upgrading to Win10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My first upgrade ended in failure. The second time, I removed my wifi adapter and it installed successfully. I reinserted my wifi adapter, it only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by John Chaser, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Unable to connect to home router(DSL-2640B) after upgrading to Win10

My first upgrade ended in failure. The second time, I removed my wifi adapter and it installed successfully.
    I reinserted my wifi adapter, it only detects my neigbours router.
    Anyone here have similar issues? The wifi adapter is a D-LINK DWA-125 Wireless 150 USB adapter and the router is D-Link DSL-2640B.

:)

John Chaser, Aug 7, 2015

2. Win 10 network error 651

I have a new Windows 10 computer connected to my home DSL router. Works great.... Want to give this computer to a family member. When I plug it into their DSL router it will not connect. Receive a network connect error 651.

I've gone through the self checks and verified the computers network interface is ok and checks out. (I was pretty sure of all that because it was working on my home router.) The family's old computer is connected to that DSL modem and works ok...slowly,
    it's old.

I took the computer back home, plugged it in and it connects during boot up and works like a top.

What am I missing? Sub net-IP programmed in somewhere that's blocking it because the other router has a different sub-net????

Larry

Larry L Whitehead, Aug 7, 2015
  3. skeezoo Win User
    ipv4 automatically uncheched after sleep or screen shutsown 10

Hi trybird,

thanks for your reply, i dont think that the problem is from the router or the internet connection ,my iphone my ipad and a second laptop all connect to the internet without any problem.The problem started just after i upgraded to win10 (I downloaded the
    update without any problem on the same laptop)

And i have a laptop,which connects to the internet via a dsl router,my earphone and usb mouse are wired.

it s a very strange behavior, what i don't understand why even a simple earphone would automatically uncheck the ipv4 property of the connection !!!!???

thx

skeezoo, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Unable to connect to home router(DSL-2640B) after upgrading to Win10

1. Unable to connect to home router(DSL-2640B) after upgrading to Win10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect home

2. Unable to connect to DVR through router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to DVR through router: I have installed a DVR with cameras. I can access the router and see that the DVR is connected to the router. I cannot get Windows to connect to it.I am running Windows 10 Version 2004.I have a recommended CMS program installed and when I try to add the cameras it reports...
  3. Home network - PCs unable to connect after the Win10 2004 update

Home network - PCs unable to connect after the Win10 2004 update: I have a simple home network for my 2 PCs connected by CAT6 cable to the same router. File share for some folders is enabled and access to this has been working perfectly. ... Until the Version 2004 update was done last week on both PCs. Now I get an error - it cant connect...
  4. Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Activate Following Win10 Home->Pro Upgrade: I needed the extra functionality of Win10 Pro, so I went into Settings -> Updates & Security -> Activation and followed the upgrade steps. The Microsoft Store successfully charged my credit card for the update as expected. It installed, and I now have the extra features......
  5. Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade win10 home to win10 pro: I'm trying to upgrade my win10 home to pro but I'm stuck. The steps taken are below: 1. I disconnected my internet-connection. 2. I went to systems->"Update&Security" -> Activation -> "Change Product Key" 3. I entered the generic key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T" and the...
  6. Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade

Internet Connection after Win10 upgrade: I upgraded a Dell Latitude E6530 to Win10 from Win7. Everything works great except connecting to internet. Can connect to router with ethernet, laptop wireless card and tp-link wireless dongle, but not to internet. Same result trying to connect to phone hotspot. All...
  7. new router unable to connect printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    new router unable to connect printer: i have recently had a Sky router installed, previously Talktalk. Since changing router I am unable to connect my devices to me printer, it just doesnt seem to recognise printer at all. Wifi working well on all device...
  8. Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect Roku with the Wireless Router: I can't get my new Roku to connect to my wireless router. I am using the correct pass code and it is all connected correctly but no matter how many time I try to connect I keep getting an unable to connect message. What am I doing wrong? ***Modified the title from roku...
  9. Router protection - which DSL surge filter?

Router protection - which DSL surge filter?: We are used to following weather forecasts and unplugging the router's phone line if thunder is likely. That is not fool proof. What are recommendations for quality DSL surge protectors which may display indicators that they have been hit, that they have been wrecked, or...
  10. Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade Win10 Home to Win10 Pro: Recently I have replaced my Win 8.1 Home edition with a Win 10 Home edition. (64-bit) Now I would like to upgrade Win10 Home to a Win10 Pro Edition. How do I do that and what will it cost me? 31154