Windows 10: Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Discus and support Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys, I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved. I also searched on this forum, but still nothing useful... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fr grillo, Oct 11, 2016.

1. fr grillo Win User

Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10

Hi guys,
    I had a look around and tried different solutions proposed but so far nothing solved. I also searched on this forum, but still nothing useful found. If I missed the right topic, I'm sorry, I'll provide to erase this asap.

My problem is that I'm not able to access internet in every public/free wifi connection that requires no password. No problem at all when I access to a protect wifi, everything runs as is supposed to be.
    But when I try to connect to open wifi, I have no internet connection. So yes, I can see the name of the public wifi, connect to it but still have no internet, while people around me have no problem. (it says: no interne, open)

It doesn't even appear the pop up page to accept the conditions.

I've tried disable the firewall, the antivirus and many extensions that I thought could interfere with it (as AdBlock)
    I have other extension as WOT, Lastpass, ProxFlow and Mailtrack. But on Chrome, so I thought, there should be no problem for Internet Eplorer.

Thanks in advance,
    and let me know if i should tell sometime more about my pc (please try not to be too technic, I use my laptop a lot, but I'm no expert)

:)

fr grillo, Oct 11, 2016
  2. SamHw Win User

Unable to connect to public Wifi

I am able to connect to the WiFi at my home, but I am unable to connect to the WiFi at my local library. Before the windows 10 update my laptop was able to connect to the library WiFi, but now it's not. I know its not the library's WiFi fault because I
    am still able to connect to the library's WiFi with my phone.

SamHw, Oct 11, 2016
  3. Unable to connect to public Wifi

Hi Sam,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3084164

Let us know the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Oct 11, 2016
  4. Adalwar Win User

Try to Reset your WiFi : Settings>Network & Internet>Network Reset. You will lose all the Passwords and Config. Windows will reboot ,but it waits 5 min. to do it.
    Try to Reset Firewall: Control Panel>Firewall>Restore Defaults . There is also an Option "Troubleshoot my Network"
    Try the Troubleshooter: Control Panel>Troubleshooting>View All>Internet Connection

Adalwar, Oct 11, 2016
  5. bro67 Win User
    Public hotspots usually require a Captive Portal login to gain access. It is not just connect and hop online to a free ride on the Internet.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to connect to public Wifi, windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect public

2. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  3. Public wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public wifi connection: My laptop is not able to connect to public networks despite detecting them...."Do you want your PC to be discoverable by other PCs and devices on this network?" This is what I see only.please help....
  4. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  5. Unable to connect to public wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to public wifi: I'm stuck in some sort of login loop. I am trying to connect to the hospital public wifi. I log in as it requires but it just either loads this page or another login page which in turn loads this. I've tried chrome and edge. I've got two tablets currently connected to it and...
  6. Unable to connect to public wifi

7. Unable to connect to public WiFi on tablet

Unable to connect to public WiFi on tablet: I recently purchased an RCA Cambrio tablet running Windows 10. I have no problem whatsoever connecting to the internet using my home WiFi but am not able to do so on a public unsecured network. I wind up getting an authentication error. I have gone into settings to allow the...
  8. Windows 10 Public WiFi connections

Windows 10 Public WiFi connections: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 13 with all the latest Dell and Microsoft updates installed. I can attach to a public wifi but can't get internet access. I can access any private network without any issues. Tried using Firefox, Chrome and MS Edge without success and disabling all...
  9. Connecting to Public WiFi

Connecting to Public WiFi: Since the latest update was pushed last week, I cannot connect to public WiFi networks that require verification on a browser after making the connection (Google Starbucks). Any suggestions?...
  10. Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi

Windows 10 not connecting to public wifi: Why has no effort been made to rectify the problem with windows 10 connecting to public WiFi, I purchased a tablet just so i could use whilst away at work and the only connection i have available is the company public WiFi which my tablet will not connect to. I have tried so...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect to a public wifi

2. public wifi hotspots fail to connect Windows 10 1903

3. unable to connect to public wifi windows 10

4. unable to connect to wifi windows 10,
  5. unable to connect to public wifi,
  6. unable to connect to wifi in windows 10,
  7. cant connect to public wifiwindows,
  8. unable to connect pc in public network,
  9. unable to connect wifi,
  10. unable to connect to wifi,
  11. Windows 10 connecting to public wifi no login,