Windows 10: Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10

Discus and support Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not being able to access my epson scanner. no problem using the printer, but the PC lately is not able to find the scanner regardless that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by zygoma87, Jul 17, 2018.

1. zygoma87 Win User

Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10

I am not being able to access my epson scanner. no problem using the printer, but the PC lately is not able to find the scanner regardless that it is an all in one EPSON WF 3640

:)

zygoma87, Jul 17, 2018

2. Cannot connect Epson Scanner v39 and unable to download the corerct drivers on Windows 10

Hi Maureen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about adding/ connecting a printer to your computer. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• How exactly are you trying to connect the scanner on your device?
    • Where are you searching for the scanner drivers?
    • Were you able to detect the scanner in Device Manager?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message while trying to connect the device?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps you to add the printer.

Step 1: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Follow:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to check the status of
    Print Spooler service and check.

Print Spooler service, spools print service and handles interactions with the printer.
    If you turn off this service you won’t be able to print or see your printer.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for Printer Spooler service, right click on it and
      Start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to Automatic.
    • Now check if you are able to install the driver.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the below thread, check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Greg Carmack - MS MVP
    on January 10, 2016 and check if it helps.

Unable to connect my Printer to Windows 10

Hope it helps. get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Steve C Win User
    Unable to get Win10 to recognize EPSON 4870 Photo Scanner

I'll walk you though the steps I do to install my Perfection 1200. I have to do this periodically for some reason to reestablish the 'non-standard' Perfection 2400 driver.

1. Right click on the scanner in Device Manager (as Admin) and select Update Driver. Then select the option to browse my computer for driver software.

Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10 [​IMG]

2. Then select Let me pick from a list of device drivers....

3. Select Imaging Devices from the next list.

4. Finally, select the correct Epson driver you have installed then click Next. If it isn't listed then something has gone wrong with the driver installation.

5. Hopefully, the scanner should now work?

Steve C, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10

Unable to access the printer/ scanner after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are unable to access the printer/ scanner on your device, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you installed all the drivers for printer/scanner after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • How have you connected the printer/scanner to your device?
    • Is your printer/scanner device detect on your computer?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message while trying to access the printer/ scanner?

This issue might have occurred due to outdated/ corrupted, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the drive is being detected in Device Manager try the below to update the drivers:

• Right click on Start button and select
      Device Manager.

• Expand Print queues, right click on the drivers and click on
      Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of connecting the printer/ scanner for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10

1. Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Unable connect Scanner

2. Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to scan using Ricoh Scanner: We have 2 computers in our office that did the Windows 10 update. Now they are not able to receive scans from our Ricoh. Any fixes for this? Thanks ***Original Title: Microsoft Update***...
  3. Use scanner Windows 10 Pro

Use scanner Windows 10 Pro: When I go to scan, it says no scanner detected. I downloaded a MS scan app from the store - which was a BIG mistake. Same thing, Hamrick software works, although it puts a ridiculous watermark of it unless you pay big bucks. I found a workaround, which is a little tedious. I...
  4. Unable to connect scanner

Unable to connect scanner: Trying to connect an Epson Perfection 1660 photo scanner to my pc but despite downloading driver my pc wont even recognise that my scanner is connected to it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-scanner/edb7311d-6718-42ef-8814-acfd4619c8b3
  5. Unable to use Fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to use Fingerprint scanner: I have HP Zbook 15 G2 running windows 10 pro, finger print scanner stopped working. In settings it displays that driver is not compatible windows 10 Hello. Updated windows and driver. But not successful. ***Original title: Fingerprint Scanner.***...
  6. Scanner will not connect after Using Windows10

Scanner will not connect after Using Windows10: I have a HP PRO 8620 Printer/Scanner since installing Windows 10 the scanner only works occasionally now the information is saying not connected to the computer but the printer is still printing any help would be appreciated...
  7. Unable to connect Asus laptop to the scanner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to connect Asus laptop to the scanner: I use PrimeFilm 1800 scanner which I cannot connect to the Asus laptop. I tried a lot of variants to connect these devices then I did troubleshooting, reinstalled software but with no avail....
  8. using scanner in windows 10

using scanner in windows 10: my hwlett packard envoy 4500 with scanner is connected to my new computer with windows 10 and prints fine. How do I get it to scan? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-scanner-in-windows-10/24b962cd-0db6-4995-8a87-9e7657b62d8d
  9. 'unable to write to file' when using scanner

'unable to write to file' when using scanner: Help Please! I have been using a V300 Epson Photo scanner, but since getting a new computer with Windows 10, it won't allow me to write to a file after scanning. It gives an 'unable to write to file' message. I have already uninstalled & re-installed software & drivers &...
  10. Connecting a Scanner

Connecting a Scanner: I have an Epsom RX560 (Printer/Scanner/Copier) When Connected to Windows 10, it recognised the Printer straight away. No need for the Install disk, it was up and running in just a couple of minutes and even without the install disk the results are picture perfect....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to use the scanner in windows 10

2. unable to connect scanner to windows 10

3. microsoft cannot connect to my scanner

4. unable to connect to scanner,
  5. program was unable to find your scanner,
  6. unable to connect to a scanner,
  7. windows 10 cannot connect with epson scanner,
  8. epson unable to connect with scanner ,
  9. i am unable to connect to the scanner,
  10. unable to start scanner drivers part of the installation,
  11. windows can not connect to scanner,