Windows 10: Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Discus and support Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS! Notes: a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS b) network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

After automatic online updates by MS the system was automatically set offline by MS!

Notes:
    a) hardware is ok - verified by other OS
    b) network connections were ok during automatic update and are still ok verified by other OS systems
    c) the automatic update is the only change in the software
    d) the only message was from MS browser "we are sorry you are not connected to Internet"!

Questions:

(1/5) What can be done ?

(2/5) Windows 10 advices to use online support in the situation MS update set PC offline, why ?

(3/5) How can one use online support after having forced to offline ?

(4/5) Is there any way to prevent Microsoft update to modify network drivers / drivers is general ?

(5/5) Why did the update by MS set the system offline after having completed its operations!

:)

dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 12, 2016

2. Unable to connect to Internet after automatic Windows 10 update

Hi Eeshwar

I have uninstalled and re-installed the protocols as suggested and now have internet connection, although I am not impressed that this auto update caused this issue. Thank you for your assistance.

SarahHearsey, Jan 12, 2016
  3. Unable to connect to Internet after automatic Windows 10 update

Hi Eeshwar

Can you please explain how I am supposed to check and update the system if as I say the PC will not connect to the internet??

Sarah

SarahHearsey, Jan 12, 2016
  4. Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

Had same problem. Connected with an Ethernet cable to router and Fios tech guys tried to fix problem. A lot of people on this forum tried to help with different solutions but I finally had to go back to Windows 7.

Generally Aware, Jan 12, 2016
  5. The following helped for me after having tried the four (4) ones MS recommended:

Trial 5: Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network Connections

Ethernet: Enabled / Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller <-- selected the ethernet card I had in use
    Ethernet 2: Disabled 7 Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter <-- did not want new MS virtual adapter!

nb: with each MS update there seems to come something which I have NOT wanted and which does NOT work for me!

Trial 6/ Solution: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller properties
    O Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)

X Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) <-- clicked / Installed / as protocol / Reliable Multicast Protocol
    - Internet Protocol Version 4 which have worked for me

restarted

V Hyper-V Entensible Virtual Switch <-- I took it off (came with the latest MS update)!

restarted - the system came online, browsers (except MS browser which even gets timeout with local HTML files) work again

Hopefully you'll find the solution, the above I found myself by examining the changes MS automatic update has done knowing that my hardware was working, my Win10 was online before MS automatic update and having got used to the fact that every new MS automatic either upgrades an existing working software non-workable or introduces new MS components which do not work!

Windows 7 as well and Linux/Android I have used for serious work - Windows 10 seems to be in early stages and automatic updates needed architecture changes!

MS should offer users possibility to deny changes they don't want and MS automatic updates should contain minimum quality checks such as keeping a system online after online updates!

dragonxi4tenfor, Jan 16, 2016
  6. Problem: Windows 10 update changed system from online to offline again 9th of May 2016!

Recovering alternatives:
    1. change to other operating system such as Linux or older MS OS such as Windows 7
    2. forbid updates!
    3. have computers with better operating system to stay online and search solutions online!
    4. uninstall & reinstall network protocols!
    5. restart!
    6. hardware reset!
    7. finding a trial which has helped some other guy having problems with Windows 10!
    8. something else ...

Not helping in offline situation:
    1. Using Windows 10 and its tools - even if they detech problems they do NOT tell what is the problem!
    2. Restoring with Windows 10 - it does NOT restore working network settings (nor working graphics settings)!
    3. unistalling virus protection software!
    4. dedicating minutes - it takes at least hours - sometines days to be online again with Windows 10!

Continuation:
    1. avoid Windows 10 - MS seems to have no intention to fix offline problems - neither to stop destroying working graphics drivers!
    2. use Windows 7 (definetely not Window 8), if Windows services are needed!
    3. keep on trusting only operating systems with guaranteed online connections such as Linux and Android!
    4. taking a break with Windows 10!

dragonxi4tenfor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic

1. Unable to connect to the internet after automatic online update by Mic - Similar Threads - Unable connect internet

2. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet: Got hacked and now can't connect to the internet. Removed all downloads related to day and have numerous troubleshooting instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-internet/8b0b75cc-583f-4b78-b8ca-7b925d407012
  3. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to internet: Got hacked and now can't connect to the internet. Removed all downloads related to day and have numerous troubleshooting instructions with no luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-connect-to-internet/8b0b75cc-583f-4b78-b8ca-7b925d407012
  4. Unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to internet: On my laptop, I'm unable to connect to the internet, and my wifi option disappears when I troubleshoot it reset my network adapter, and restart the laptop, but still not able to see an icon on the network tab.What can i do to fix this ?my laptop: ASUS TUF GAMING A15 OS:...
  5. unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect to internet: Recently, my laptop Lenovo has been unable to connect to the Internet. I didn't install a new update or anything which is what most people suggest triggers the problem but I did perform a clean boot to solve touch pad problems so perhaps that caused it. I have run a...
  6. No Internet Connectivity after Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connectivity after Update: Hi, I recently installed the 1903 update on my HP laptop. Afterward, I was unable to connect to the internet, even though sometimes it said I was connected. Did all the normal stuff and nothing worked. I have AT&T U-verse, and nothing else was affected. I rebooted the...
  7. After win10 update unable to connect to internet.

After win10 update unable to connect to internet.: I updated my laptop last night and since then I cant connect to the internet. I've tried flushing the DNA server and looked into rolling back the driver update but as there is no net connection I cant get the laptop to search for a driver. I resent the fact that as this is an...
  8. After update browser is unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After update browser is unable to connect to internet: Hi, my Dell laptop asked on Thursday for update. Since finish of update any browser (IE, Firefox etc.) is giving me response that it is unable to connect to internet. Strange thing is that when I run cmd - I can get ping response from any server which I want....
  9. Automatically connecting to the internet

Automatically connecting to the internet: My laptop and the the family’s laptop will not connect automatically to out home network; however, they will connect automatically to any other saved network. Why is this happening and what can i do to fix it?...
  10. Laptop unable to connect to Internet after Windows update

Laptop unable to connect to Internet after Windows update: Hi, I am using an Asus u46-sv since 2011/12. It came with win 7 pro. Got the free win X upgrade and it is now on win X pro. After the latest updates the laptop refuses to connect to the internet. It does detect the WiFi or wired line and says the laptop is connected....