Windows 10: Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge

Discus and support Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've just recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After that, I am facing internet connection problem. I'm still able to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iruga234, Aug 6, 2015.

1. iruga234 Win User

Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge

I've just recently upgraded my computer from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. After that, I am facing internet connection problem. I'm still able to connect to the wifi and have no problem connecting by the ethernet port, however, the only problem is I am unable access other applications/programs that require internet connection such as Steam, Google Drive and Google Chrome. The only odd thing was I was able to connect to without having any problems is The Edge.

Chrome just doesnt load at all when I type in any URLs(Google) and it only shows: This webpage is not available, ERR_FAILED.

Help is much needed and I would be really grateful if anyone is able to provide a solution to this issue. Thanks in advance. *Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin*Biggrin

:)

iruga234, Aug 6, 2015
  2. Bignamer Win User

Unable to connect to internet in Edge and store. Windows 10 pro

Original Title: Connectivity

I have downloaded and installed windows 10 Pro. Most things work but some like edge, store, will not connect to the internet. I tried to disable my firewall and other security measures (including altering windows own security) but it did not help.Any ideas,
    Thanks

Bignamer, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to connect to internet in Edge and store. Windows 10 pro

Hi,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Does your other device are able to connect to internet?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you facing issue with Ethernet or Wi-Fi connection?

I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Also update Network adaptor driver and other drivers Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to check and install any latest Windows Updates available.

• Go to Start and then Settings.
    • Click on Update and Recovery.
    • Check for updates under
      Windows Updates.
    • Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.
    Step 2: Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa on
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

Do let us know if you are able to connect to internet. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge

1. Unable to connect to the internet in Windows 10, but not for Edge - Similar Threads - Unable connect internet

2. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  3. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet: We tried using chrome and it worked just fine but edge, which we’ve been using for years will not connect to the Internet what could cause this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-edge-as-browser-unable-to-connect-to/eca56c73-1059-42ec-adb5-4cb5a62f0e7a
  4. Using Edge as browser unable to connect to internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. unable to connect Internet on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to connect Internet on windows 10: We have Asus vivobook 13 5000 series and it came with Windows 11. We do not like windows 11 so downloaded Windows 10 ISO and installed Windows 10 from scratch by removing all files. Right after installing windows, we are unable to connect Internet. We have other computer so...
  6. unable to connect Internet on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to connect Internet on windows 10: We have Asus vivobook 13 5000 series and it came with Windows 11. We do not like windows 11 so downloaded Windows 10 ISO and installed Windows 10 from scratch by removing all files. Right after installing windows, we are unable to connect Internet. We have other computer so...
  7. unable to connect Internet on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Edge not connecting to Internet

Edge not connecting to Internet: Edge opens, but has stopped connecting to the internet... It will not find any web site. I get the message: 'Can't reach this page' no matter what HTML I use. The details show: "There was a temporary DNS error. Try refreshing the page. Error Code:...
  9. Edge unable to connect to the internet

Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....
  10. Unable to Connect to Internet with Windows 10

Unable to Connect to Internet with Windows 10: Hi, I realise that this problem has been asked many times over the Internet, however I am at my wits end over this problem. I would like to have Windows 10, but I have downloaded it four times, and each time I am unable to connect to the Internet, either by WiFi or Ethernet...