Windows 10: Unable to connect to TV using WiFi direct connection

Discus and support Unable to connect to TV using WiFi direct connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I check Settings, View Your Network Properties it show my Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #3 and also #4's Status a "nonoperational". Would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BillCox2, Aug 8, 2018.

1. BillCox2 Win User

Unable to connect to TV using WiFi direct connection

When I check Settings, View Your Network Properties it show my Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter #3 and also #4's Status a "nonoperational".
    Would this explain why I cannot connect to the TV or have the TV be recognized by the PC as a connectable device?

I am running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron PC.

:)

BillCox2, Aug 8, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Aug 8, 2018
  3. BillCox2 Win User
    No Longer able to connec smart LG 43LJ550M Tv to Dell PC with WiFi Direct

Unable to connect my Dell Inspiron 3543 to my LG 43LJ550M Smart TV after 5/25 event, using WIFI Direct.

I checked for latest driver and it is up to date and General info says it is "Working Properly". Also diagnostic trouble shooter does not find a problem.

The net work properties show WiFi Direct disconnected and not operational

With Smart TV on. I go to Networks on the TV settings. Select WiFi Direct for network connection. TV searches for device and comes back with "No WiFi Direct Devices"

I am now not able to connect the TV via the Settings - Devices screen. PC simply continues to search.

I have never changed the sharing options. So I don't think that is the issue.

Note: Can connect to the TV via my network router and the LG screen sharing option. I have spoken to LG who walked me through TV reset and troubleshooting with no success. They suggest I contact Microsoft.

BillCox2, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Unable to connect to TV using WiFi direct connection

Is wifi direct available in Windows 10? I am unable to connect to my TV

Original Title: wifi direct

Does windows 10 have wifi direct?

I recently bought a tv that has it but it doesn't find my pc or phone both using windows 10.

The son-in-law connected to his tv right away using his phone which is not using windows 10.

TheCarpenter, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Unable to connect to TV using WiFi direct connection

1. Unable to connect to TV using WiFi direct connection - Similar Threads - Unable connect using

2. Unable to connect to WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to WiFi: For 2 days now I cannot connect to WiFi and the problem is because my laptop cannot detect it's ip but u have tried multiple things and nothing works. This first started when I restarted the wifi by turning the switch of it on and off since the wifi would keep connecting and...
  3. Unable to connect to wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to wifi: After an update in windows 11 recently I am unable to connect with WiFi and Ethernet . I have tried various methods but it is not working could someone help me in solving this issue....
  4. Unable to connect Wifi

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect Wifi: I was playing my game half way and my internet suddenly got disconnected. Normally it would just reconnect automatically but this time, my Wifi seems to have disappeared - cannot even toggle on and off. I went into settings and noticed Wifi also disappeared there..I have...
  5. Neighbors TV's showing up in Connect Tab / Wifi-Direct

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Neighbors TV's showing up in Connect Tab / Wifi-Direct: [ATTACH] How do I hide certain devices from Windows 10 Wifi-Direct? I want to hide my neighbors 3 Samsung TV, 2 Roku devices, and Firestick. I can do it in PowerShell or the registry if I know what I'm looking for. When I want to pair my headphones, I click "Connect" and...
  6. connecting tv buddy to wifi

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    connecting tv buddy to wifi: I am trying to connect tv buddy to my wifI accidently entered wrong number and can't get another chance this is on a laptop with windows 10 any help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-tv-buddy-to-wifi/18129bb8-5fb3-4ec2-afec-664b5310475f
  7. connect laptop to tv by wifi

connect laptop to tv by wifi: Can my laptop connect to a tv via wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-laptop-to-tv-by-wifi/6c9a213a-d942-4d2e-96a7-096588b74110
  8. Unable to Connect to Wifi

Unable to Connect to Wifi: I have had this laptop for less than a year and have Windows 10. I have been connected to WiFi the whole time I have had the laptop. While in the middle of using it, the WiFi disconnected and I can no longer find it. Every time I try to re-connect it only offers broadband or...
  9. Connecting LG smart TV to Windows 10 pc using WiFi direct

Connecting LG smart TV to Windows 10 pc using WiFi direct: I'm having trouble connecting my LG Smart TV to a windows 10 laptop. When I go to Settings>Bluetooth and other devices I can see the TV in question listed under other devices with a note underneath "not connected". When I go to settings>wifi direct on the TV it doesn't see...
  10. Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI: Unable to connect laptop to TV using HDMI to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/unable-to-connect-laptop-to-tv-using-hdmi/b058f875-da8e-4e32-8fe8-fd0a80e6e6d4

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to connect tv to wifi

2. unable to connect to tv via wifi

3. connecting lg tv to wifi

4. windows 10 unable to connect to tv,
  5. Unable to Connect to Wi Fi Direct