Windows 10: Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise

Discus and support Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Greetings, I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483 and I'm having trouble converting my MS connected account to a local... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by White Autumn, Jul 24, 2017.

1. Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise

Greetings,
    I am running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1703, OS Build 15063.483 and I'm having trouble converting my MS connected account to a local one, since the button to do so simply isn't there.
    Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

The computer is not connected to any domain and I have full access to the group policy editor, which I suspect might be the culprit of this problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

:)

White Autumn, Jul 24, 2017

2. Unable to convert from Local account to Microsoft account

I want to ask, why i cant connect into Microsoft account .. it's been a while since I've tried to find of this problem, can you help me ?? i cant connect into all of features on w10 like store and xbox.. please help me ?

MuhammadAbel Arkhan, Jul 24, 2017
  3. Unable to convert from Local account to Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

Please answer the below questions for better understanding.

1. What is the Make and Model of the computer?

2. From when did the issue persist?

3. Do you receive any error message related to the issue?

4. Are you using any proxy connection?

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, please follow the below method to troubleshoot.

Method 1: Disable proxy connection and update the network adapters.

Follow these steps to disable the proxy settings and check if it helps.

a. Press “Windows Logo” + “R”, type “inetcpl.cpl” and press “Enter”.

b. Click the “Connections” tab, and then click “LAN
    settings”.

c. Uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” check box.

d. Click “Ok”.

Now, to update the network adapters, please follow the below steps.

a. Press Windows key + X key and select device manager.

b. In the device manager, select the network adapters, and there please select the required driver , right click it and select the "Update driver software...".

if the issue persists, please opt for the below method.

Method 2: Create a new account

It might be a possibility that your old profile might be corrupted so please back up all your data using an external HDD and then creating a new account.

Please follow the below steps to create a new account:

a. Type Settings on the search bar.

b. Click on Accounts.

c. Go to Family and Other users, in that click on Add someone else to PC.

d. In there click on Microsoft Account. There give a name to the account and provide password if you want.

Now, to set the account as an administrator account, please follow the below steps:

a. Go to control panel.

b. In User accounts and Account type select change account type.

c. Here select the account you have. There select change account type.

d Select the Administrator button and click change account type.

And thereby copy all the files into that account.

Also please follow the below link for further assistance.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-microsoft-account

Please let us know if the issue gets resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Jul 24, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise

Berton, Jul 25, 2017
  5. While helpful, i'd like to not create a new account but rather convert my already existing account to a local account.

White Autumn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise

1. Unable to convert to local account | Windows 10 Enterprise - Similar Threads - Unable convert local

2. Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts: Have 2 child accounts on Windows 10 installation as Microsoft accounts.Cannot convert them to Local accounts using standard method Settings -> Accounts -> "sign in with local account Instead".How do I convert these Microsoft accounts to local accounts without losing all their...
  3. Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts: Have 2 child accounts on Windows 10 installation as Microsoft accounts.Cannot convert them to Local accounts using standard method Settings -> Accounts -> "sign in with local account Instead".How do I convert these Microsoft accounts to local accounts without losing all their...
  4. Secondary Accounts on Windows 10 converting to Local Accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows

Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows: This is a complex post, so bear with me.This is a machine on Windows 10 for a few years now, currently on the 2009 edition, fully updated. It was a free upgrade from a paid Windows 7 Professional version, which I believe I used to upgrade my old XP machine. After my old PC...
  6. Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows: This is a complex post, so bear with me.This is a machine on Windows 10 for a few years now, currently on the 2009 edition, fully updated. It was a free upgrade from a paid Windows 7 Professional version, which I believe I used to upgrade my old XP machine. After my old PC...
  7. Unable to convert local account to Microsoft account and previously activate Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Windows 10: Unable to convert local user account to Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Unable to convert local user account to Microsoft account: I've Google searched this and every article I find is out of date. The options simply do not exist, reference the article below.https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/switch-from-a-local-account-to-a-microsoft-account-395203bf-9f1b-eb24-b042-5b8dae6c1d20These options...
  9. Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to convert Microsoft account to Local account: Hi, I accidentally trnafered my local user account on Windows 10 and signed in to a Microsoft account instead , I have tried to remove the Microsoft account and go back to a local but there is no option to and the account is a child account and there is no option in the...
  10. Unable to logon to Windows 10 Enterprise using a Local Account

Unable to logon to Windows 10 Enterprise using a Local Account: Hi I just did a clean install of Windows 10 Enterprise on my computer. I am able to login as Admin using my Microsoft login. I then created a "Local User Account" without a Microsoft account or email. I am unable to logon to that account. I have checked and rechecked the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to convert local user account to an administrator account

2. unable to convert local account windows 10 enterprise