Windows 10: Unable to Convert Windows 10 LTSB Build 14393 from MBR to GPT

Discus and support Unable to Convert Windows 10 LTSB Build 14393 from MBR to GPT in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am having some issues trying to convert a disk from MBRto GPT by using the following command in Admin Powershell “mbr2gpt.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by manofskill, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Unable to Convert Windows 10 LTSB Build 14393 from MBR to GPT

Hello,

I am having some issues trying to convert a disk from MBRto GPT by using the following command in Admin Powershell “mbr2gpt.exe /convert/AllowfullOS”. My company has introduced a new image called Windows LTSB Build14393 that we are wanting to use as our “base image”, since this particularbuild strips away all the “Extra” stuff such as edge, Microsoft store, etc etc.
    Anyways, the problem I am running into is the followingcommand:
    “mbr2gpt.exe /convert /AllowfullOS”
    It states that the following file isn’t specified. Afterdoing some research online, I found a post on Microsoft’s website that statesthe following command is only compatible in builds 1703 or higher. The reasonbehind us needing to convert the disk from MBR to GPT is so UEFI can be turnedon while the drive is encrypted with bitlocker. Otherwise every time you rebootor make a simple change in the BIOS, bitlocker is going to prompt for therecovery key…
    Is there some type of third party tool that can be used toconvert a disk to GPT? Or perhaps some type of “Work Around”?
    Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated!

:)

manofskill, Mar 11, 2018
  2. Jon-Stark Win User

3TB Drive format windows 10 not working

This is because your hard disk is MBR disk, you can check it in Disk Management.
    which only supports 2 TB drive. so the only way to get your space backup is to convert your disk back to GPT disk. Disk management can only convert a disk to MBR when it is empty. Therefore, you need a third party software to

convert MBR to GPT on Windows 10
    without affecting the OS, such as AOMEI Partition Assistant.after installing this software, the Convert mBR/GPT wizard will guide you through the process. http://www.disk-partition.com/help/convert-gpt-mbr-disk.html

Jon-Stark, Mar 11, 2018
  3. Need to install windows 7 professional after a month

You can go to bios to check boot mode. if it is Legacy mode, then convert
    disk to MBR partition table. if it is EFI or UEFI mode, then convert the disk to GPT disk. you can also change the boot mode to fix this.

The conversion with Windows built in tool will delete everything on your disk including recovery partition.You can use diskpart.exe or disk management to convert GPT to MBR, but you need to delete this disk to make it shown
    as unallocated space. therefore, you'd better backup the needed information before doing it.

If you want to convert between GPT and MBR without affecting the OS, you need to use third party software, such as AOMEI Partition Assistant. http://www.disk-partition.com/windows-10/convert-mbr-gpt-windows-10-0528.html

Youngwarlord, Mar 11, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Unable to Convert Windows 10 LTSB Build 14393 from MBR to GPT

You can do this with Macrium Reflect, but I'm not sure it will be what you're looking for. Check out this Macrium article "Convert an MBR disk to a GPT disk," and see if it might work for your needs.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 11, 2018
  5. AndreTen Win User
    Ed's suggestion is probably the best, since you get (and probably have) system image.

Other solution is to use Minitool partition wizard, but Pro version is required for converting system disk. Did you consider using WinPE environment? Not sure about possible bitlocker problems using newer Windows environemet.
    Check this Minitool page

AndreTen, Mar 11, 2018
  6. AndreTen,

Yes, I moved the mbr2gpt installer to a WinPE environment and tried to run the installer that way... It said it completed successfully but still couldn't boot to the hard disk when UEFI was turned on. I'll try Ed's suggestion to see if that helps.

manofskill, Mar 11, 2018
  7. Berton Win User
    I see an issue may be that the LTSB is an Enterprise edition of Win10.
    Quoted from Windows 10 editions - Wikipedia

The Build number 14393 suggests the Version is 1607, we now have Versions 1703 and 1709 with 1809 probably later this year. Version numbering is Year and Month of release.

Berton, Mar 12, 2018
  8. EdTittel Win User

The Macrium page to which I linked in my earlier post also provides instructions. One way or another, we'll help you get it sorted!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Mar 12, 2018
  9. lx07 Win User
    You'll get no advantage from doing this.

If you change BIOS setting you will be prompted for a recovery key exactly the same if you are booting in UEFI or legacy mode (I run bitlocker on both types of system). This is the point of bitlocker - to stop unauthorized changes to the boot process and it works exactly the same with legacy and UEFI.

If you want to make a change to a BIOS setting then the correct procedure is to suspend bitlocker, reboot, make your change and then once you get back to desktop bitlocker is re-enabled.

Suspend or Resume BitLocker Protection for Drive in Windows 10 Windows 10 Tutorials

lx07, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to Convert Windows 10 LTSB Build 14393 from MBR to GPT - Similar Threads - Unable Convert LTSB

2. Mbr to gpt convert failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Mbr to gpt convert failed: Hello I just upgrade my PC from p8z77vlx to ProArt z690 creator and I do convert mbr to gpt for my existing Windows 10 21h2 so I can use uefi bios, the problem is the conversion failed and I can't boot to Windows.Anything I can do to be able to boot and repair the gpt...
  3. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  4. Convert MBR to GPT!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert MBR to GPT!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Which is the best way to convert MBR to GPT without data loss and without being Windows boot logo stretched. If you don't know what I am talking about, see this thread:...
  5. Convert MBR to GPT!

6. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  7. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert GPT to MBR: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to convert GPT to MBR without data loss. Should I do using AOMEI partition assistant? Is it safe? Will it loss data? Will it damage HDD? Please give answer in detail....
  8. Convert GPT to MBR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Convert MBR to GPT with MBR2GPT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Convert MBR to GPT with MBR2GPT: In order to be compatibe with Windows 11(?) I must change following settings: Boot type: UEFI Disk partiton: GPT instead of MBR TPM Version: enabled in UEFI the tool MBR2GPT (already on the system as part of the Windows 10 Creators Update) does just that. my disk meets the...
  10. how to convert MBR to GPT?

how to convert MBR to GPT?: hi I have a problem in installing Windows 10 from usb drive. Error is "windows cannot be installed to this disk. the selected disk has MBR partition table. on efi system windows can only installed to GPT disk" I have formatted without aware this issue. I have few...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can we install windows 10 LTSB on gpt drive

2. cannot use gpt to image windows 10 ltsb v 1607

3. ltsb gpt support

4. mbr to gpt windows 10 ltsb