Windows 10: Unable to create a working USB deployment?

Discus and support Unable to create a working USB deployment? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is somebody able to tell me what i'm doing wrong? Installation Windows 10 enterprise LTSB 1607 on a hyper-v (without network connection) Booting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pgvano, Apr 16, 2017.

1. pgvano Win User

Unable to create a working USB deployment?

Is somebody able to tell me what i'm doing wrong?

• Installation Windows 10 enterprise LTSB 1607 on a hyper-v (without network connection)
    • Booting to audit mode
    • Adding software
    • Run as admin "Sysprep /generalize /shutdown /oobe"
    • Boot the VM into WINPE
    • Then Dism /Capture-Image /ImageFile*Biggrin:\W10LTSB.wim /CaptureDir*Biggrin:\ /Name:"Windows10LTSB"
    • Made a bootable Windows 10 USB drive using rufus from the same ISO file used for installing.
    • Then i copy the captured W10LTSB.wim to the sources directory on the USB
    • Delete the original install.wim from the USB
    • Renamed the W10LTSB.wim to install.wim
    • When i boot from the USB it tells me before starting the installation. "The product key does not match any of the windows images available."
    I'm really confused because i did this before and it worked fine what i'm doing wrong?

:)

pgvano, Apr 16, 2017
  2. Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 16, 2017
  3. Andre Da Costa, Apr 16, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Do you use an autounattend.xml file to automatize partitioning and setup?

Thema:

1. Unable to create a working USB deployment? - Similar Threads - Unable create working

2. Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Create a USB Recovery Drive in Windows 11: If "Back up system files to the Recovery drive" is checked the Recovery app will not see the USB flash drive. It will say "The drive must be able to hold at least 32 GB and everything on the drive will be deleted." and the "Next" button is greyed out. If "Back up system...
  3. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  4. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB: Hi Team,I have been trying to create Windows 10 ISO bootable USB device but keep getting error.Error code 0x80070005 - xA001BI tried to add installation fine in safe software list to our Security tool but still same issue.Kindly Assist.please reply on *** Email address is...
  5. Unable to create Windows 10 ISO to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  7. Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.

Creating deployment process with WDS/MDT.: Hi, I am a Help Desk Analyst and am being challenged with learning sysAdmin tasks. I've been tasked with setting up a deployment process, and I have been trying for a few weeks now to deploy an image with WDS/MDT. I've searched the internet hard trying to figure it out but...
  8. Unable to create VAIO recovery on USB Pen drive

Unable to create VAIO recovery on USB Pen drive: Unable to create VAIO recovery in my Sony Laptop. When I click "Create Recovery Media" I see no action / processing happening. It was working fine when I had the Windows 8. I am currently on Windows 10. Can you suggest resolution...
  9. Creating a deployment windows 10 image

Creating a deployment windows 10 image: Looking to create a deployment method for windows 10 pro image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/creating-a-deployment-windows-10-image/0e17cc7e-fc76-461e-a0b7-a6ca36ef2da4
  10. Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image

Creating/Deploying Windows 10 Image: Hi all, I'm only a part time computer geek (OK, so more than part time), but I haven't dived into Windows ICD or image deployment. I know you use ICD to customize a provisioning package or image, but are there official tools or ways of converting a working live Windows 10...